Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

#1 defense. Is it a mirage?

Although the numbers are telling us that our defense is #1, I believe them numbers are a mirage. I know our defense is on the field way too much because of our terrible offense and is getting more tired after every week. However, every game I watch they seem to give up BIG plays way too easy. I also notice there are a few of these big plays early in games, so they aren't burnt out, yet. Then it just seems to steam roll after that lately.

So I guess what i'm saying is, It'll be just a matter of time before we fall way down the rankings and will no longer be threatened by any team.

no it si not a mirage, they are a very good defense. we went up against a really good offense when they didn't have any help.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

This Defense has given up and I believe Vance has lost the locker room.

We led the league in yards allowed a few years back. We led the league in passing yards allowed last year. This year they are good at stopping the run (until today).

But there is nothing historic about our defense. They were good but compare their numbers to Seattle's over the past five years or other contemporary teams and they are just good for a particular year.

Just look at Jacksonville this year!! They are more dominant than we were in 2015 to now.

It's not a mirage dude. This team won a Super Bowl just two seasons ago however this is a defense that was very unprepared and that doesn't fall on them it falls on the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It's not a mirage dude. This team won a Super Bowl just two seasons ago however this is a defense that was very unprepared and that doesn't fall on them it falls on the coaching staff.
    Who's ruining it.

I'm not going to overreact based on one bad game. Last week our D looked amazing against KC on a Monday night in Arrowhead. This week they got taken to the woodshed. It happens to the best teams in the league occasionally so they just have to get back to work and come out and perform better against NE next Sunday night.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftblman View Post
    Although the numbers are telling us that our defense is #1, I believe them numbers are a mirage. I know our defense is on the field way too much because of our terrible offense and is getting more tired after every week. However, every game I watch they seem to give up BIG plays way too easy. I also notice there are a few of these big plays early in games, so they aren't burnt out, yet. Then it just seems to steam roll after that lately.

So I guess what i'm saying is, It'll be just a matter of time before we fall way down the rankings and will no longer be threatened by any team.
    every defense has bad days.

In our case, our D hasnt had a game like that in literally years.

What we saw today, was what happens when a great defense has its bad day, when paired with a turnover prone and inept offense.

Statistically looking at yards, this is a great D. Looking at the # of sacks and turnovers. It leaves something to be desired.

There are breakdowns in communications that allow for explosive plays by the opponent.

We hit them hard, we hit them fast. Just not hitting them fast and hard enough times .
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    This^

The defense is not a mirage. Its still a very good D. But when players start giving up, things are gonna start falling apart, no matter how good a defensive (or offensive) unit is.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

They are good but it's definitely a mirage. The team doesn't get sacks or turnovers. The unit has to be demoralized though. Would love to see how they play with any offensive support.

Who controls the defense ? Is Joe Woods a good Defensive Backs coach ( and a really good one) ? Yes, but his first year as the defensive coordinator and with a new Head Coach this year , a new Offensive guy who brought his O-Line coach with him... Hold on, because they were associated with the Broncos in years past does not guarantee success now. I believe this is the root of the problem.

As I heard this week that playing zone was the Achilles heal of the No-Fly-Zone, And playing man was more successful, well the players won out and played man today. Did anyone see Talib get beat (bad) a couple of times ? one even went for a score. Loads of things that did not work today and a lot of changes mad for this game by these new coaches. At least Harris held on.

So was this a dramatic knee jerk reaction, or is this coaching staff in over there heads. Maybe the players are in control or worst yet No-One.

I yearn for the days of the close (nail-biting) games of Broncos past.

The statistics told a partial truth which ignored certain issues that were apparent early on but swept under the rug. The fact is Vance Joseph and Joe Woods SUCK, and against a really hot O (which may turn out to be the NFC champ this year) their D really got exposed.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

The defense still has some good players.

Pieces have been leaving tho and the FO has done a horrible job of replacing those pieces.

Probably the biggest loss was Wade

Looking over the depth chart and coaching staff there are places where the replacement is not as good as the former player and coaches all over.

Only place I am happy with the new guy over the last year or two is Peko
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy