Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    You mean the Pats will do their job and win 31-0 first half. Once we give them a 50 pt lead we will throw up some garbage points against their backups.
    These early deficits are killing us. If we could somehow find a way to be switched on from the first minute, we'd have a chance in most games.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    These early deficits are killing us. If we could somehow find a way to be switched on from the first minute, we'd have a chance in most games.
    I am a big fan of deferring to the second half when you have a good defense and porous defense.

Reasons why:

1. Starting the game off with a stop relaxes the tension in the air a bit.

2. Potentially gives the offense better starting position for their first possession.

3. The crowd is very energized on the first defensive possession of a game.

4. On the road, you steal a quiet possession on offense in the second half because much of the crowd is using the restroom or at the concession stand. (Tony Romo taught me this one during a broadcast this year).

And my favorite reason

5. If you can manipulate the clock in your favor, you can have back to back possessions essentially. End of the first half and start of the second.

My point of the post is, we won the toss yesterday in a raucous environment against a very good team and chose to receive. That is our weakness. I wish we would begin games with our strength.

Broncos will upset the Pats 21-14....in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Broncos will upset the Pats 21-14....in 2018
    lulz yep! Because we all know were going to get to the Conference Championship lulz

I love these jinx threads!

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    lulz yep! Because we all know were going to get to the Conference Championship lulz
    Haha. I guess I should have been clearer: in the 2018 regular season. This year is done.

It will not be long until this thread gets moved over to the smack section.

Anyway listening to Derek Wolfe on the radio right now and knowing that John Elway has got to be extremely upset, this defense will not give up again. They will be fired up to play New England especially in Milehigh.

I'm not saying New England is going to lose the game but I don't think it's going to be anywhere near what the point spread suggest.

14? More like 41 for the Pats. I think the Pats score 14 in the 1st quarter.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Broncos are headed to the Super Bowl this season, bookmark it, stamp it, call it good. The lock is in.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Haha. I guess I should have been clearer: in the 2018 regular season. This year is done.
    If the two teams play next year, it will very likely be in Foxboro.

Quote Originally Posted by HDR10 View Post
    Then it will be an uber upset.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    Broncos are headed to the Super Bowl this season, bookmark it, stamp it, call it good. The lock is in.
    I like you. You're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by HDR10 View Post
    They will have to finish at the same rank within their divisions to play each other. I don't see us finishing at 1 or 2 without divine intervention so they will probably not meet.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

The first couple weeks this happened, I would say they were jinx threads but, now it is really more comical than anything.

A terrible team cannot be jinxed. To me a jinx is when something good should happen but, because of some unknown interference bad things happen instead. Denver was not going to win this game .... in fact I would venture to say before this thread, Denver didn't have a any kind of chance at all. So.. a thread like this does nothing but, make us all laugh and maybe wonder if this was even serious to begin with.

I am resigned to the fact that the Broncos have pretty much given up, the season is over and maybe the best thing is to lose a lot of games down the stretch and get a decent draft position. My heart does not really want to get behind that though.. it literally makes me ill to watch my beloved Broncos lose.. especially lose in such spectacular and humiliating fashion. Have we reached bottom yet.. please tell me we have because I can't handle 8 more games like this.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

I will settle for no turnovers, decent play calling, and NOT 100+ yards in penalties. Winning would be icing on the cake.