Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Scores View Post
    I normally ignore player and team rankings because statistics mean nothing without the eye test, as many of them are at best misleading and everyone has a different opinion about what matters. Denver has consistently been ranked in former Steelers CB Ike Taylor's Top 10, however, with both Aqib Talib and Chris Harris (and sometimes Bradley Roby) usually on the list. For the first time this season, this week only one Bronco (Harris) is ranked. Talib dropped out after a terrible performance at Philadelphia. Even more bothersome is for the first time ever, our duo was not in Taylor's top three. I trust Taylor because he played the position for 12 years and was very good at it.

Here is the complete list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...tics-warranted

I loved playing against Taylor. He was our 12th man. He made Tebow look good.

He is absolutely right too imo

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    It's weird it's almost as if Talib took on Trevor's personality this year.
    How so dizzolve?

The Jax pass D is playing off the charts these days,even better than the no fly zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    The Jax pass D is playing off the charts these days,even better than the no fly zone.
    Well they have great CBs and two Dlinemen that should be in Denver but somebody went cheap on this team.

In all honesty if Talib doesn't pick it up I think we see a trade this off-season. It is so sad because both he and Ward wanted to be here so bad they both wanted to retire Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Well they have great CBs and two Dlinemen that should be in Denver but somebody went cheap on this team.

In all honesty if Talib doesn't pick it up I think we see a trade this off-season. It is so sad because both he and Ward wanted to be here so bad they both wanted to retire Broncos.
    it's going to be sad as well, because it may be awhile before we even get talent on Talib's level again. But it's true, he isn't playing to his normal standard and is only getting older.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Scores View Post
    How so dizzolve?
    Well, I really haven't seen enough of him to truly define his personality this season, HOWEVER...

the few times I see the cameras pan to the sidelines and I see him - he's not cuttin it up like years past. He's just all stoic........ looks kinda depressed. Maybe that's just because of the losses.

Maybe the loss of TJ and Kayvon eliminated the sideline swag catalyst. Just speculation on why

Bottom line though - what prompted my statement was seeing those stoic shots of Talib on the sidelines watching the offense. I prefer to see Talib cutting it up and laughing. ~or tearing gold chains off opponents.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Someone in the gameday thread said they should change to “Southwest Airlines”!
    I said that XD. Hopefully they play like United Airlines this week "we'll kick your [blank] for trying to fly here"

Whats a joke is looking back at Brandon Marshall bragging after a 3 and 1 start about how the D was going to keep all backs to under 50 yards and how stacking the box to stop the run was feeding into the success of the no fly zone defenders of ours. He further stated that he was putting out the warning and message to the league that our D was the one to judge all others by in setting the bar so high. Wow, I think our players were really high on themselves and their heads exploded after marshalls message to reporters about how good our D was. Anything could happen this year but I think we have seen the general course that this team is headed in and that is for a major rebuild next year and one that may or may not bring any results next year. But I'm not too optimistic about the first year of the massive changes that will take place next year. I'm looking at more of a 3-4 year plan for reubuild. Joseph took a team that needed very little to compete and turned it into a total mess and now in need of total overhaul. Good Job you flippin idio coach of ours Mr. VJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    Whats a joke is looking back at Brandon Marshall bragging after a 3 and 1 start about how the D was going to keep all backs to under 50 yards and how stacking the box to stop the run was feeding into the success of the no fly zone defenders of ours. He further stated that he was putting out the warning and message to the league that our D was the one to judge all others by in setting the bar so high. Wow, I think our players were really high on themselves and their heads exploded after marshalls message to reporters about how good our D was. Anything could happen this year but I think we have seen the general course that this team is headed in and that is for a major rebuild next year and one that may or may not bring any results next year. But I'm not too optimistic about the first year of the massive changes that will take place next year. I'm looking at more of a 3-4 year plan for reubuild. Joseph took a team that needed very little to compete and turned it into a total mess and now in need of total overhaul. Good Job you flippin idio coach of ours Mr. VJ.

well the D DID look that good at the beginning. its embarrassing now

Being #1 on paper is a little different then actually playing like it. Its all a mirage.

Defense has formerly quit. Happened after the first turnover they have stopped competing in the past two games.

Vance Joseph being "a leader of men" is a mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
    I'm not going to overreact based on one bad game. Last week our D looked amazing against KC on a Monday night in Arrowhead. This week they got taken to the woodshed. It happens to the best teams in the league occasionally so they just have to get back to work and come out and perform better against NE next Sunday night.
    I believe the Mirage might be the way we played against KC. But, the key factor there is it was a division game and against an opponent we know very, very, well. All it takes is a few bounces like the gift from Hill shortarming that pass into our hands, and we appear to be doing really well.
    Our defense IS a really good defense but you still need to play complimentary football. If the O and special teams can't hold up some kind of decent play then the D isn't dominant enough to win games. We're good but we aren't the 85 bears.

LOL! You have to be kidding me anyone considers this to be even close to a #1 defense. Lots of problems!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Alfred Williams said it best today, our defense has been figured out. The blueprint for what our defense does in certain situations and teams are attacking it, we have to be more unpredictable
    I Disagree. We were VERY predictable in the last 2 years but that still didn't means teams could throw on us like we've seen these past few games. IMO - the big issue is that we've gone to a zone defense and we already saw what a bad idea that was when Wade did the same when we were trying to protect leads. Our team and our DBs were built and drafted around man to man coverage. Yet we're playing a TON of zone.