Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why give up on a coach after one season?

lets go look at history
    bill parcells 3 w 12 l 1 t in his first season
    Bill Belecheck 6w 10 l in his first season
    tom landry 0 w 11 l
    Bill WAlsh 2 w 12 l

why give up on a coach after his first season. it takes some time to learn to get it down. VJ may end up being great all those coaches had a bad first season. hell i can probably go find more hof coaches or future hof coaches that where bad there first season coaching. why give up on VJ already?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    lets go look at history
    bill parcells 3 w 12 l 1 t in his first season
    Bill Belecheck 6w 10 l in his first season
    tom landry 0 w 11 l
    Bill WAlsh 2 w 12 l

why give up on a coach after his first season. it takes some time to learn to get it down. VJ may end up being great all those coaches had a bad first season. hell i can probably go find more hof coaches or future hof coaches that where bad there first season coaching. why give up on VJ already?
    So you're saying VJ will win multiple superbowls and become a HOF coach ?

What were their teams records before they were hired?

People that want him fired now are just caught in the moment. Pretty sure the 1st month of football everyone was just peachy with Elways choice and I'm pretty sure cooler heads will prevail when Denver goes on a winning streak again. He won't be fired after this season and he shouldn't be fired after this season

For me itís not the losses itís his response to the losses and how he seems to be approaching situations. Also he took over a team that is 2 years removed from a super bowl so the expectations are higher than what most first year coaches go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1r2 View Post
    So you're saying VJ will win multiple superbowls and become a HOF coach ?
    No. He is saying that a poor first year should not be used to judge a head coach and what he is capable of as a team's leader. It's absolutely possible Joseph could turn out to be a great coach. I don't necessarily think that will happen, but the point is valid.

but a team that has no life in it, regardless of record, is the HC fault. Did those coaches team battle hard, and loose, or were they lacking life.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    People that want him fired now are just caught in the moment. Pretty sure the 1st month of football everyone was just peachy with Elways choice and I'm pretty sure cooler heads will prevail when Denver goes on a winning streak again. He won't be fired after this season and he shouldn't be fired after this season
    I am thinking you were not around here much when Elway hired VJ or else you would not make such a statement that "everyone" was just peachy with his hire. That is truly laughable as many were NOT happy with his hire and made that clear from day 1.

I was not happy with his hire, there were things circling around him non football related that really made me question if it was the right decision. Considering how so much blowing up lately is about that very thing, one wonders if he would have been hired had this topic become so news worthy months ago.

Also... you are using some of the best coaches who ever lived as examples of how every coach has a bad season. So you pointed to a few amazing coaches who struggled their first year.. my guess is that the vast majority of coaches who struggled their first year are now out of the league or have some job low on the NFL pole... you pointed to the best possible scenario.. not the most likely.

I don't know ....if I have a pair of shoes that don't fit right and hurt like heck to walk in, I don't need to painfully walk around in them for 2 or 3 years just to know they really do not work.
    Last edited by KansasKrista; 11-11-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    What were their teams records before they were hired?
    probably not the best didn't look for it most successful teams don't hire coaches.

but ya i am saying is hc is a hard job, just saying that he is bad coach and deserves to be fired is stupid. he is still figuaring out the job. he could end up being great.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    I am thinking you were not around here much when Elway hired VJ or else you would not make such a statement that "everyone" was just peachy with his hire. That is truly laughable as many were NOT happy with his hire and made that clear from day 1.

I was not happy with his hire, there were things circling around him non football related that really made me question if it was the right decision. Considering how so much blowing up lately is about that very thing, one wonders if he would have been hired had this topic become so news worthy months ago.

Also... you are using some of the best coaches who ever lived as examples of how every coach has a bad season. So you pointed to a few amazing coaches who struggled their first year.. my guess is that the vast majority of coaches who struggled their first year are now out of the league or have some job low on the NFL pole... you pointed to the best possible scenario.. not the most likely.

I don't know ....if I have a pair of shoes that don't fit right and hurt like heck to walk in, I don't need to painfully walk around in them for 2 or 3 years just to know they really do not work.
    I was with you from day 1 as well. Hardly was just peachy with his appointment as HC. Actually was quite upset by it. Decided to give him a chance. Still holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post

I totally agree and couldn't have said it any better.

I was 'Team Kid Shanahan' all day, along with 'Team Re-Sign Wade' and was never happy with even the thought of VJ being our next HC because not only was his work as a DB coach in Cincy and DC in Miami un-impressive but his 'personal' past was an even bigger issue.

Still don't/can't see what Elway's man-crush in this dude stems from.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

The Broncos should not be an experiment for an overmatched coach to screw up here and there until he learns how to prepare a team, making a borderline playoff team look like a 4-12, 5-11 team in the process. It's one thing to lose competitive games and another to lose the way the Broncos are losing especially with the head coach not getting the team ready to play and making mistakes from the sidelines. How many years until he gets it?

If a coach has lost the locker room (which there are rumors of) itís easier to replace a coach after one year than a locker room full of players after one year.

Vance was brought in since he "could" unite the team.....

That theory was a joke since day one.

Vance said he would not pull McKenzie because it wouldn't be fair to McKenzie or his future.

That comment alone may have sealed his fate. I'm but am I mistaken, I thought it was about the Denver Broncos and what's best for them.