Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 93
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cherry Valley, CA
    Posts
    897
    Because, the team has been mismanaged. Our Defense, last year the best in the league, this year with great players has regressed terribly. Joseph was supposed to have a great defensive mindset. I'd like to say for the record that he has been a big disappointment. Our players lack motivation and discipline of course that should be obvious to most of you. 12 men on the field and being horrendous at special teams and disoriented on defense and the laughing stock offense we are bringing out each week is just depressing. I put this on the coach my friends and hope this idiot we call a coach is out of town at the end of the season if not sooner.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,618
    Vance sucks

    We played decent tonight and got steamrolled

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,405
    you can see that it isn't just because he's new, it's because he isn't prepared as a coach. Look at McVay, he's only 30 years old and is in his first year of coaching, yet the players have all bought into his philosphy and coaching, and are playing amazing football. I'm on the fence on giving VJ another year, but as of now I have completely lost my patience with him. Win more games or hit the road, because right now we are deservedly bottom of the barrel trash, and it starts with the HC.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,818
    The parallel to McDaniels is strange. All VJ had to do was work on the offense and leave the defense and special teams alone. What did he do? He messed with the defense and special teams, offense too but no change their.

    McDaniels first year, the team was great until the bye week, then they collapsed, got forgives out and couldn't adjust. Same thing happening this year. VJ keeps doing the same thing over and over. What makes anyone think he will change it at this point?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,350
    These are the darkest days! I can't remember a year when we've been so bad consistently. 100% on VJ! He is too soft, buddy buddy with the players and they loosened up and now he has to tighten the reigns again but I believe he lost this team. I see Elway dumping some names (Talib, CJ) and we will be somewhat rebuilding for the next couple/few years maybe more considering the way we've been picking draft picks lately.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,350
    He set us and the players up that this was the perfect team to play now, that he was going to make changes and we would see. Again, he set himself up and we said ok, we'll wait and see. Embarrassed again! I'm done with him! He doesn't get it!!
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,417
    Because never in my life as a Broncos fan have I ever wanted to stop watching my team play until the coaches have all been fired, until now, until now. Being a fan means taking the ups and downs that each season brings. But I shouldn't have to be subjected to the same poor play and mistakes every week. 5 muffed punts this season and yet Mckenzie is still playing??? After the 3rd one any other coach would have ripped that kid out and cut him.

    1 play which we were scored on we were caught with our pants down and 10 men on the field. On another play in which we should have gotten the ball back, we got caught with our pants down and 12 men on the field. Enough is enough with this crap and we as fans deserve better. A kick return, a blocked punt. Getting gashed up the middle on runs and TE pass plays. I am sick of it. The coaches have done nothing, and right now, Elway is doing nothing. Watching games right now only makes my blood pressure spike and it isn't worth it anymore this season. I love my team and always will, but I have no faith in this coaching staff as they continue to bring down, which should be at least a top 15 team, our boys.

    Until these coaches are gone, I don't see myself bothering with another game, I barely paid attention last night, I had it on as background noise.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hilton Head, SC
    Posts
    468
    Way too early to give up on VJ IMHO. Can the guy after 1 year (especially with inherited substandard/mediocre QB play)- and we’ll very quickly see fewer HCs wanting to come here...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    The preparation and in-game coaching are beyond awful. I don't see how you can make any argument to keep things as they are. Some major changes have to happen.
    Brock Olivo and Mike McCoy need to go to the unemployment line today. If VJ doesn't show improvement by seasons end, he can go join them. I'm not patient enough to give that goon 3 years to see if he can figure out how to not be a complete and total screw up of a coach. If he doesn't show improvement this year, toss him out the door.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Way too early to give up on VJ IMHO. Can the guy after 1 year (especially with inherited substandard/mediocre QB play)- and we’ll very quickly see fewer HCs wanting to come here...
    Like how we should have hung onto McDaniels? The flip side to your argument is that we have become a team that tolerates poor coaching and are no longer concerned with winning. How many coaches want to be a part of a sinking ship with no effort to keep it from going under? Doesn't sound like a good gig, imo.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Because never in my life as a Broncos fan have I ever wanted to stop watching my team play until the coaches have all been fired, until now, until now. Being a fan means taking the ups and downs that each season brings. But I shouldn't have to be subjected to the same poor play and mistakes every week. 5 muffed punts this season and yet Mckenzie is still playing??? After the 3rd one any other coach would have ripped that kid out and cut him.

    1 play which we were scored on we were caught with our pants down and 10 men on the field. On another play in which we should have gotten the ball back, we got caught with our pants down and 12 men on the field. Enough is enough with this crap and we as fans deserve better. A kick return, a blocked punt. Getting gashed up the middle on runs and TE pass plays. I am sick of it. The coaches have done nothing, and right now, Elway is doing nothing. Watching games right now only makes my blood pressure spike and it isn't worth it anymore this season. I love my team and always will, but I have no faith in this coaching staff as they continue to bring down, which should be at least a top 15 team, our boys.

    Until these coaches are gone, I don't see myself bothering with another game, I barely paid attention last night, I had it on as background noise.
    I've seen exactly the same thing happen with a different team I support in a different sport. VJ and these coaches just don't know how to prepare a team to be ready to play. In VJ's case, he's just too green. He didn't have the resume to even be considered for becoming the HC of the Broncos.

    Still, we are where we are and I chose to remain an optimist. Maybe something miraculous will happen and VJ and co will take us on a 7 game winning streak to end the season.

    [The other team fired the manager at the end of last season and under a new experienced manager are contending for the title.]

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,384
    John Elway is losing credibility with every embarrassing loss.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hilton Head, SC
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    Like how we should have hung onto McDaniels? The flip side to your argument is that we have become a team that tolerates poor coaching and are no longer concerned with winning. How many coaches want to be a part of a sinking ship with no effort to keep it from going under? Doesn't sound like a good gig, imo.
    McDaniels inherited a young, Pro Bowl QB on the rise with tons of weapons and completely bungled it- and then brought disgrace/dishonor to Mr. Bowlen with spy gate 2.0. Different ballgame...

    VJ’s truly bad moments IMHO are looking like trash off a bye against the lowly Giants and sticky with Trevor too long. Not great- but forgivable “learning moments” for a young HC IMHO. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out...
    Last edited by Southern Bronco; 11-13-2017 at 06:20 AM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    Way too early to give up on VJ IMHO. Can the guy after 1 year (especially with inherited substandard/mediocre QB play)- and we’ll very quickly see fewer HCs wanting to come here...
    The problem isn't the poor QB play. It's his game management and team preparation. The defense, aside from the fact that they cashed it in after the Giants game, has looked to be in complete and utter disarray. It's reminiscent of the Jim Bates debacle in 2007. And the fact that he apparently cares about feelings more than winning games. Because Trev should've been benched weeks ago, McKenzie should not have been back there returning punts, and Olivio should be relieved of his duties. He apparently doesn't have the heart to fire and move on from incompetence.
    #swapping

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    McDaniels inherited a young, Pro Bowl QB on the rise with tons of weapons and completely bungled it- and then brought disgrace/dishonor to Mr. Bowlen with spy gate 2.0. Different ballgame...

    VJ’s truly bad moments IMHO are looking like trash off a bye against the lowly Giants and sticky with Trevor too long. Not great- but forgivable “learning moments” for a young HC IMHO. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out...
    Losing to the Giants (their only win), who just loss to the 0-9 49ers is forgivable? Sorry, but it isn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •