Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 10 Patriots vs Broncos

Hello Broncomaniacs.... (if there is still any of you out there)

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen , Nobody knows my sorrow

Here we are... we are who we think we are... a 3-5 team. Bad coaching, Bad Qbs, Bad O-line. Mediocre O line and a defense falling off fast. So what better way to celebrate the prime time game against the defending superbowl champs, the Patriots. Fresh off their bye week, not that they need an extra week to get ready for us.

The announcers are probable figuring out to fill over two and a half hours of air time once the first 20 minutes is over. This has all the makings of an Epic beat down, one not in our favor. We are still trying to get over digesting that fifty burger from last week.

Maybe this is the week where Denver finds itself. Maybe it becomes the team that beat down the Cowboys. One can hope. Maybe we become the running team that manages the clock, controls the tempo and leans on a defense to help close out a game. This game will be a test.

Week 9 games, how do we do? We have a 7-3 record over the last decade. Of the 7 wins, 6 were on the road, 1 at home. Of the three losses 2 were on the road one at home. So we have only played home twice in the last 10 years for game 9 , a win and a loss. Overall though we have a winning record. Maybe there is a chance to keep it going.

This team has hit rock bottom, they can try to fight their way up. Or they can give in. We have too many good players to give up. Especially with 8 games to go. We need Brock to play better. We need the team as a whole to play better. Brady is still Brady and can play lights out football. The Pats defense is improving great, so that works in favor of our not great offense.

Brock worked his magic last time he played Brady in Denver, An thrilling OT will the a great run by CJ.
    No secret that Brady struggles in Denver, 3-7 there for his career. Avg 278 yards per game. 16 TD to 9 Ints with a passer rating of 83.1 Von Miller with 7.5 sacks of Brady since 2011 (more than anyone else in that time). That about as good as it gets for an opposing team facing Brady.

On the flip side, we have issues covering Tight Ends, so Gronk is posed for a big day. Our secondary will be tested. This could be a game where we miss the presence of a TJ Ward. Brady when he gets going has had his way with Denver in the past. Hopefully we can keep him off balance enough to make a game of this. We may not get to the post season, but beating Brady would make this season a little easier to take.

That being said... it is tough, so tough watching this team. They fail, and when they do it is epic. I want to and need to see heart from this team. I will still be glued to my TV the whole time. So will the Mods. So please no matter how it goes, follow the COC. Watch what you post and try not to attack one another. Misery loves company so let's try to hang in there together. As always GO Broncos!
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 Coming Soon!!!

Thank you Elway !!!

Go Broncos !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present.
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

This is the day that my daughter-the-Pats-fan kind of avoid each other.

Go Broncos!!!
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Put your game faces on boys and make some Mile High magic!

Go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    This is the day that my daughter-the-Pats-fan kind of avoid each other.

Go Broncos!!!
    Sounds like a smart fans. My little don't know of any other team but the Broncos. Going to keep it that way as long as I can.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 Coming Soon!!!

I am actually feeling okay this week. Usually this is a game I would be a nervous wreck for but, if there is a plus side to losing, it is that expectations diminish to almost nothing.
    The only question on my mind right now is how bad do the Broncos lose and will it be another epic humiliation? Well... I don't think so. How can the defense get any worse than giving up 50 points? I think they will play much better for this game.

Oh, I still think the Broncos will lose but, I don't think it will be a beat down of monumental proportions. Maybe I am being naive but, I think the Broncos have hit rock bottom and now the losses will start to get more respectable.. well as respectable as a loss can get in the NFL.

If I am wrong... well, just...... uuugggghhhh... trying to imagine how it could possibly get worse from here is gut wrenching so I am just not going there.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Going to be just the next beat down in line. Yesterday we got mopped up and feasted on by the best team in the league, only question now is how much we lose to the arguably second best team in the league. And who knows? Maybe we don't want to win if that means we get Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen or Jackson.

I just want to see more fight on this team on BOTH sides of the ball tonight for 4 quarters n find some way to cover a TE better we are close to the bottom in that category

Might this be the game we see the coach light a fire under his team?

I think so, we must protect this house Dig Deep!!! Punch them in the mouth!!!! Shock the world!!!!!

Go Broncos
    [

This will be a close game, we are at home and the Pats don't impress me. They lost 2 at home already and went down to the wire against the Jets and Bucs. Their D is one of the worst and there is no Edelman or Hogan. Plus their RT is injured so the OL doesn't look good.

I see this as a low scoring defensive battle which could go either way. If we run the ball and don't turn it over more then once we win, if we have another 4-5 self inflicted TO game then we lose badly again.

The only upside to losing is it would probably mean Lynch starting next week and we get 7 games to see if he has anything to move forward with.

Im calling it...

We win today, we make the playoffs (though likely get a quick first round exit).

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I’m calling it...

We win today, we make the playoffs (though likely get a quick first round exit).
    No chance.

I can see us possibly winning but we are miles away from being a playoff team. Top 10 pick is much more likely.

Go Broncos!!!!!

I will be at MHS today yelling and stomping my feet! Bring the Thunder! I want to see Brady get blasted by Von and Shane all night!

I just hope Bennett doesn't have a big game. That kind of crap infuriates me.

The way this season is going, ....... if we win this game, I don't care if it's the last game we win this year. So long as we get the W here. lol

Hate the Pates
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top