Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well the good thing is we all have our own opinion. There are plenty of the "prototype" qbs that has ca me out and got hurt and where are they now??? How many super bowls did they win??? Ross was hurt before the season. Vick was doing OK in at until the dog thing happened. Truth is we don't know how anyone will do until they get here. Welker, sproles, flutie, were all told they were too small not the "PROTOTYPE" size. They is more pocket QB that has failed than as you call it "run first qbs" Did that stop people from drafting pocket qbs...NO...bottom line is every pick is a risk period.
    Yea but teams didnt spend a 1st on a welker, sproles, or a Doug Flutie. Id be fine getting Jackson in the 3rd or later but we both know he wont be there. Pocket QBs have failed more because the sample size is a lot larger. History has shown that run first QBs never win superbowls, always get hurt, and careers tend not to last too long.

This pretty much depends if we get a FA QB or not. Could cut Watson, CJ, and Talib (go younger and extend Roby as well as sign a cheaper veteran CB to replace Talib)

I'd prefer to go that route then get a piece to help next year.

There's plenty of good options.

Bradley Chubb, Key at EDGE. Minkah at CB/S. Connor Williams at T, as well as McGlinchey. Barkley at RB. Darion Payne at DL, but hes not really an interior rushing type.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Question for all you Donald lovers. When was the last time a good QB came out of US and actually did anything close to what they did in college outside of "Carson Palmer" ????? I'll wait.......

You're logic doesn't make sense. You can say the same about North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I can sort of see what he is saying. USC is usually pushing out a top prospect at QB every few years and they usually been overrated in the nfl. North Dakota has had one QB make the NFL (Wentz). Not a fair comparison

If we are going to be picking in the top 10, then we need to go after a QB! We shouldn't be picking that high often, so take our guy now. Also, this year has many good choices so we may not even have to move up to go after the one good QB. Darnold and Rosen will be top 5, but Mayfield may go as high as top 10 even though he is rated much lower. If your guy is there, you gotta take him, then we can move on to other positions like WR, RB or OT depth.

I really don't want to drop $20M+ for any of the vet FAs, I'd just stick with Brock for one more year because we are not retooled yet. It seems like only 10 - 20% of our draft picks seem to work out, so we may need another season be a contender. No sense of us paying $20M just to limp into the playoffs, we can do that with Brock for a fraction of that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Yea but teams didnt spend a 1st on a welker, sproles, or a Doug Flutie. Id be fine getting Jackson in the 3rd or later but we both know he wont be there. Pocket QBs have failed more because the sample size is a lot larger. History has shown that run first QBs never win superbowls, always get hurt, and careers tend not to last too long.
    Well Russell wilson runs and he won a Super Bowl. Yeah the weren't drafted in the 1st bc of people putting them in a "BOX" I beat if they could really draft I bethink ALL 3 would be 1 rounders. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    My logic makes plenty sense how many "potential 1st Rd picks" were to come put of North Dakota???? What I said makes perfect sense for those that follow football and know USC Qbs.