Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Players available if we have a top 10 pick

These are just the guys off the top of my head. What other players are worthy of a top ten pick?

Lamar Jackson- potential franchise QB

Josh Rosen- ditto

Baker Mayfield- ditto

Sam Darnold- ditto

Derwin James- stud safety

Minkah Fitzpatrick- another stud safety

Da'ron Payne- elite DT

Arden Key- stud pass rusher

Bradley Chubb- ditto

Mike McGlinchey- great OT

Quenton Nelson- great OG

Saquon Barkley- top RB in draft

Calvin Ridley- elite WR prospect

Roquan Smith- the coverage LB we need

To my surprise mayfield is graded out to the third round. Everything I been looking at the past few weeks has been up to date and has him at best the 6th best QB in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    To my surprise mayfield is graded out to the third round. Everything I been looking at the past few weeks has been up to date and has him at best the 6th best QB in the draft.
    With the way he's playing he'll rocket up the draft boards, especially if Oklahoma can secure a playoff spot and make some noise.

trade up to get Saquon Barkley. Broncos have zero Playmakers on offense. they need a player like Saquon Barkley. I cant remember the last time they had a 50+ yrd TD.

OR

O-line
    O-line
    O-line

I'm a Big Fan of either ND O-lineman
    Last edited by munoz1987; 11-12-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

mcglinchey or quinton nelson ftw.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Darnold Darnold Mayfield

Question for all you Donald lovers. When was the last time a good QB came out of US and actually did anything close to what they did in college outside of "Carson Palmer" ????? I'll wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Question for all you Donald lovers. When was the last time a good QB came out of US and actually did anything close to what they did in college outside of "Carson Palmer" ????? I'll wait.......
    Question if the day!! The answer is nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Well Barkley had his shoulder destroyed his senior season and was never the same. Look up Anthony Barr's hit on him if you haven't see it. That pretty much was the end of his shot

I can confidently say that Darnold is the best SC QB prospect since Palmer.

Not sure why, but I get increasingly intrigued by Lamar Jackson.

I think we get a QB in FA. Won't be a big name, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Alex Smith here. In that case, my pick is McGlinchey, and then trade back up for Nelson.

If we look to sign a vet at QB, then Barkley would be an amazing addition to the offense.

We have so many needs coming into the offseason, I agree that we go for a Vet QB. We're most likely a top 10 pick, we need to trade back and accumulate picks on day 2. We absolutely need to draft guys in rounds 1-2 that can come in right away and make an impact.

I fully expect us to get much younger next year with several key departures of older vets like Talib and DT.

I am torn. My answer truly depends on where we pick and which QB's are available in FA.

If we nab a top notch QB or serviceable QB in FA then I'd go:

1 Arden Key

or

2. Trey Adams/ Mike McGlinchey

I'd also be a fan if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab one of the players listed in #2 above.

Based on where our season is going at the moment this will likely be the best draft position we will have been in since 2011. With that in mind I think there is real merit in trying to nab the best pass rusher in this years draft (if possible) and have him learn from the best pass rusher in the league (Von). Right now if it were up to me I'd push to keep Barrett because IMO he's out played Ray. Having two stud Pass-rushers allowed up do really disrupt games (Von Doom + DWare & Von).

IMO - a very good RT is generally available in the later portions of the 1st round. Based on many of the grades I am seeing from this years class it looks to be not so dissimilar to last year so the value could likely be there if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab our RT of the future and get that 5th year option as a means of cost control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I am torn. My answer truly depends on where we pick and which QB's are available in FA.

If we nab a top notch QB or serviceable QB in FA then I'd go:

1 Arden Key

or

2. Trey Adams/ Mike McGlinchey

I'd also be a fan if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab one of the players listed in #2 above.

Based on where our season is going at the moment this will likely be the best draft position we will have been in since 2011. With that in mind I think there is real merit in trying to nab the best pass rusher in this years draft (if possible) and have him learn from the best pass rusher in the league (Von). Right now if it were up to me I'd push to keep Barrett because IMO he's out played Ray. Having two stud Pass-rushers allowed up do really disrupt games (Von Doom + DWare & Von).

IMO - a very good RT is generally available in the later portions of the 1st round. Based on many of the grades I am seeing from this years class it looks to be not so dissimilar to last year so the value could likely be there if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab our RT of the future and get that 5th year option as a means of cost control.
    Shaq is a RFA correct? If so, there's no way we won't tender him a round 1 guy. It would cost roughly 4 Mil to keep him, or get a 1st back in return. I'm all for loading up on pass rushers, but we desperately need to address our LB core too. We've seen how a pass rush doesn't do anything if our TE's can't cover TE's or RB's.