Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,550

    Players available if we have a top 10 pick

    These are just the guys off the top of my head. What other players are worthy of a top ten pick?



    Lamar Jackson- potential franchise QB

    Josh Rosen- ditto

    Baker Mayfield- ditto

    Sam Darnold- ditto

    Derwin James- stud safety

    Minkah Fitzpatrick- another stud safety

    Da'ron Payne- elite DT

    Arden Key- stud pass rusher

    Bradley Chubb- ditto

    Mike McGlinchey- great OT

    Quenton Nelson- great OG

    Saquon Barkley- top RB in draft

    Calvin Ridley- elite WR prospect

    Roquan Smith- the coverage LB we need

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,679
    To my surprise mayfield is graded out to the third round. Everything I been looking at the past few weeks has been up to date and has him at best the 6th best QB in the draft.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    To my surprise mayfield is graded out to the third round. Everything I been looking at the past few weeks has been up to date and has him at best the 6th best QB in the draft.
    With the way he's playing he'll rocket up the draft boards, especially if Oklahoma can secure a playoff spot and make some noise.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United State
    Posts
    962
    trade up to get Saquon Barkley. Broncos have zero Playmakers on offense. they need a player like Saquon Barkley. I cant remember the last time they had a 50+ yrd TD.

    OR

    O-line
    O-line
    O-line

    I'm a Big Fan of either ND O-lineman
    Last edited by munoz1987; 11-12-2017 at 05:57 PM.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    5,976
    mcglinchey or quinton nelson ftw.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,424
    Darnold Darnold Mayfield

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    33
    Question for all you Donald lovers. When was the last time a good QB came out of US and actually did anything close to what they did in college outside of "Carson Palmer" ????? I'll wait.......

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Question for all you Donald lovers. When was the last time a good QB came out of US and actually did anything close to what they did in college outside of "Carson Palmer" ????? I'll wait.......
    Question if the day!! The answer is nobody.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Question for all you Donald lovers. When was the last time a good QB came out of US and actually did anything close to what they did in college outside of "Carson Palmer" ????? I'll wait.......
    Well Barkley had his shoulder destroyed his senior season and was never the same. Look up Anthony Barr's hit on him if you haven't see it. That pretty much was the end of his shot

    I can confidently say that Darnold is the best SC QB prospect since Palmer.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,736
    Not sure why, but I get increasingly intrigued by Lamar Jackson.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,682
    I think we get a QB in FA. Won't be a big name, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Alex Smith here. In that case, my pick is McGlinchey, and then trade back up for Nelson.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,407
    If we look to sign a vet at QB, then Barkley would be an amazing addition to the offense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    935
    We have so many needs coming into the offseason, I agree that we go for a Vet QB. We're most likely a top 10 pick, we need to trade back and accumulate picks on day 2. We absolutely need to draft guys in rounds 1-2 that can come in right away and make an impact.

    I fully expect us to get much younger next year with several key departures of older vets like Talib and DT.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,643
    I am torn. My answer truly depends on where we pick and which QB's are available in FA.

    If we nab a top notch QB or serviceable QB in FA then I'd go:

    1 Arden Key

    or

    2. Trey Adams/ Mike McGlinchey

    I'd also be a fan if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab one of the players listed in #2 above.


    Based on where our season is going at the moment this will likely be the best draft position we will have been in since 2011. With that in mind I think there is real merit in trying to nab the best pass rusher in this years draft (if possible) and have him learn from the best pass rusher in the league (Von). Right now if it were up to me I'd push to keep Barrett because IMO he's out played Ray. Having two stud Pass-rushers allowed up do really disrupt games (Von Doom + DWare & Von).

    IMO - a very good RT is generally available in the later portions of the 1st round. Based on many of the grades I am seeing from this years class it looks to be not so dissimilar to last year so the value could likely be there if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab our RT of the future and get that 5th year option as a means of cost control.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    denver
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I am torn. My answer truly depends on where we pick and which QB's are available in FA.

    If we nab a top notch QB or serviceable QB in FA then I'd go:

    1 Arden Key

    or

    2. Trey Adams/ Mike McGlinchey

    I'd also be a fan if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab one of the players listed in #2 above.


    Based on where our season is going at the moment this will likely be the best draft position we will have been in since 2011. With that in mind I think there is real merit in trying to nab the best pass rusher in this years draft (if possible) and have him learn from the best pass rusher in the league (Von). Right now if it were up to me I'd push to keep Barrett because IMO he's out played Ray. Having two stud Pass-rushers allowed up do really disrupt games (Von Doom + DWare & Von).

    IMO - a very good RT is generally available in the later portions of the 1st round. Based on many of the grades I am seeing from this years class it looks to be not so dissimilar to last year so the value could likely be there if we were to trade back into the 1st and nab our RT of the future and get that 5th year option as a means of cost control.
    Shaq is a RFA correct? If so, there's no way we won't tender him a round 1 guy. It would cost roughly 4 Mil to keep him, or get a 1st back in return. I'm all for loading up on pass rushers, but we desperately need to address our LB core too. We've seen how a pass rush doesn't do anything if our TE's can't cover TE's or RB's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •