Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you rank this team compared to any in the last 10 yrs.

I've been watching this team since 1973. I've seen alot of football. I sat in the stands in Jan in 1987 in freezing cold to wish the team off for a superbowl trip after staying up all night to make a huge banner in support. Don't question my love for the team please. I'm very skeptical about the team this year. We have some playmakers but for some reason they are not making them. Our D is letting us down in addition to the offense being terrible. I'm going to put alot of the blame on coaching. This team is making alot of stupid mistakes and I'm not going to name them over the past 5 weeks. I don't see this team finishing above 500, just not going to happen.
    I have to get back to the title of the post, sorry. How do you fans see this team in comparison to any in the last 10 yrs? I have to rank what I have seen so far as the worst team I've seen during that span of time. Joseph has taken a team with lots of potential, needing only a better offensive line and turned it into the doormat of the AFC west. What does the rest of the fan base say?

I felt worse under Josh McDaniels than I do now. I think McDaniels was just the wrong person to follow Mike Shanahan and was so emotionally immature that it never really felt right, even after we started 6-0 in his first year. He started off by alienating Jay Cutler, and just never presented himself as a good communicator and leader.

So while this team may possibly be statistically worse than any team under McDaniels, that was my lowest point as a Broncos fan, and I've been a fan for 27 years.

There isn't a single position group that is worth keeping intact. All three phases are dreadful. Front office and coaching are dreadful. And you could see this happen a mile away.

McDaniels' in year 2 was bad. But that's hard to compare to because he flushed a lot of talent out as he tried to bring in a new system with new characters that would buy in. So it was kind of part of the process.

Personally I'd say this team is worse because that team was rebuilding and this one is supposed to be competing

Honestly I think the John Fox year 1 Broncos were probably the most talent and coaching deprived but Tebow pulled some stuff out his butt that year

Relative to expectations this team is the worst of the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I felt worse under Josh McDaniels than I do now. I think McDaniels was just the wrong person to follow Mike Shanahan and was so emotionally immature that it never really felt right, even after we started 6-0 in his first year. He started off by alienating Jay Cutler, and just never presented himself as a good communicator and leader.

So while this team may possibly be statistically worse than any team under McDaniels, that was my lowest point as a Broncos fan, and I've been a fan for 27 years.
    Agree 100% with this post.

Talent 6.5/10
    Coaching 1/10

I would rank this team about 4th best in the last 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    I've been watching this team since 1973. I've seen alot of football. I sat in the stands in Jan in 1987 in freezing cold to wish the team off for a superbowl trip after staying up all night to make a huge banner in support. Don't question my love for the team please. I'm very skeptical about the team this year. We have some playmakers but for some reason they are not making them. Our D is letting us down in addition to the offense being terrible. I'm going to put alot of the blame on coaching. This team is making alot of stupid mistakes and I'm not going to name them over the past 5 weeks. I don't see this team finishing above 500, just not going to happen.
    I have to get back to the title of the post, sorry. How do you fans see this team in comparison to any in the last 10 yrs? I have to rank what I have seen so far as the worst team I've seen during that span of time. Joseph has taken a team with lots of potential, needing only a better offensive line and turned it into the doormat of the AFC west. What does the rest of the fan base say?
    I pretty much agree with all of that. The talent that we have seems to have been completely squandered, mismanaged, miscoached, and flat-out WASTED. Cleveland is a dumpster fire. NYG is a dumpster fire. Denver SHOULD NOT be a dumpster fire. But we are. I can't claim to be unbiased in regards to making this assessment. But all I know is that this mess makes me sick to my stomach on a weekly basis. They should have to wear helmets with the silhouette of a donkey on them until they start to play. They don't deserve to wear the once-proud Broncos logo on this helmets at the moment. This goes for coaches, players, and front office. It's just BAD.

Btw... I remember the mediocrity of the 2000s VERY well. I was a huge Shanahan fan, but was grateful when he was let go. It was time for a change after years of lack-luster play and performance. But as frustrated and disheartened as I remember feeling during that era, I don't ever remember feeling this bewildered and aghast at the atrocious play every week. There were bright spots on our team, even during those years. There are NO bright spots right now. NONE.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 11-12-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    McDaniels' in year 2 was bad. But that's hard to compare to because he flushed a lot of talent out as he tried to bring in a new system with new characters that would buy in. So it was kind of part of the process.

Personally I'd say this team is worse because that team was rebuilding and this one is supposed to be competing

Honestly I think the John Fox year 1 Broncos were probably the most talent and coaching deprived but Tebow pulled some stuff out his butt that year

That tebow team was exciting

2010 may have been the worst overall, but 2017 is probably the most underwhelming Broncos team ever. It really had the pieces to at least not be a laughingstock like it is after 5 straight losses, all by double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

I couldn't stand cheer-leader Fox as our coach. VJ is making Fox look sort-of not-completely-horrible, he's so bad. And that takes some serious doing!

From the standpoint of expectations... This is by far the worst I've ever felt as a fan for an extended period of time.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

The Broncos have been a club that fought till the end. How many (nail bitting) finishes in those years, they played with a purpose. Today another Big letdown (as if someone let the air out of the balloon), by the special teams. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot. First the Offense, the special teams, Defense the special teams, the special teams all by them selfs.

We have rookie coaches that have shown they are not ready for the Big Show, even our coordinators are not a fit for this team. Actually one can state the coaching staff Stinks.

Film should tell who does not want to be part of this team or who the team cannot trust and move forward with. Their is some talent available for a HUNGRY Want to prove to people they belong in the NFL. And changes need to be made, Hope Elway wakes up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
    I pretty much agree with all of that. The talent that we have seems to have been completely squandered, mismanaged, miscoached, and flat-out WASTED. Cleveland is a dumpster fire. NYG is a dumpster fire. Denver SHOULD NOT be a dumpster fire. But we are. I can't claim to be unbiased in regards to making this assessment. But all I know is that this mess makes me sick to my stomach on a weekly basis. They should have to wear helmets with the silhouette of a donkey on them until they start to play. They don't deserve to wear the once-proud Broncos logo on this helmets at the moment. This goes for coaches, players, and front office. It's just BAD.

Btw... I remember the mediocrity of the 2000s VERY well. I was a huge Shanahan fan, but was grateful when he was let go. It was time for a change after years of lack-luster play and performance. But as frustrated and disheartened as I remember feeling during that era, I don't ever remember feeling this bewildered and aghast at the atrocious play every week. There were bright spots on our team, even during those years. There are NO bright spots right now. NONE.
    Wow, you really hit the nail on the head with your final comment and that could be a new great thread in itself. There are no bright spots on this team right now no matter where I look at. Can't recall a team where we didn't have at least a few guys playing lights out. This entire team is looking for that guy and every last one of these boobs is looking around waiting for someone else to make the play to maybe, maybe motivate them. We used to say, "Waiting on the 100th Monkey" does anybody know what that is all about??? This team is just pathetic.

I have never felt worse as a Bronco fan than I do right now. No, I don't feel that McDaniel's era was worse... at least the Broncos managed to win 6 in a row and beat the Patriots.

The Broncos have now lost 5 games in a row and they were not competitive in any one of those. The losses have been of epic proportions.. complete and total melt downs. 2 prime time nationally televised losses in that stretch as well. I want to go buy a paper bag to put over my head and hope against all hope that things will look better next season.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    I have never felt worse as a Bronco fan than I do right now. No, I don't feel that McDaniel's era was worse... at least the Broncos managed to win 6 in a row and beat the Patriots.

The Broncos have now lost 5 games in a row and they were not competitive in any one of those. The losses have been of epic proportions.. complete and total melt downs. 2 prime time nationally televised losses in that stretch as well. I want to go buy a paper bag to put over my head and hope against all hope that things will look better next season.
    Paper bag is too far in my opinion. They won a SB two seasons ago. They haven't had a losing season in seven years.