Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I guess I belong on the list of "wishful thinkers" then.

My expectations are not hat he should be compared to a HoF QB. How about a few games to see if he is a serviceable young QB. Giving him a few games at the end of the season to see if he has improved seems realistic. Maybe they have given up on him and maybe he is a bust. But I would be interested to see how he reacts when desperately trying to fight for his career instead of simply writing him off and wasting an asset.
    It's been reported that he doesn't "desperately fight" for the position, though. He's the last in and first out at the training facility. Game experience can't change a person's fundamental character. Saying a first round draft choice doesn't have it is a bitter pill to swallow, but sometimes you just have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    With the McKenzie reference, I have to wonder what Lynch isn't showing them. Trevor had a long leash, McKenzie apparently does too. Why is there absolutely no excitement of Lynch in the organization? No mention of the ground he's making up or how close he is to seeing time. These coach level decisions have made me wonder how good they are at evaluating talent, but it also makes me wonder how bad Lynch is if he can't get any love from anyone on staff. It's not like moving on from Brock would break Broncos Country's heart.
    The apparent complete lack of interest by the coaches in playing Lynch is very telling.

I'm not gonna lie....I would like to see Paxton play again, sometime before season end. Trevor seems done, and Oz has his moments. For those who appear to be sticking by him, what has he done over the last couple of years to make you feel like he is potentially the future? He lost jobs in Houston and Cleveland, and it seems as though no other team wanted him. He is not a bad passer, with time, but he is sub par with pressure.

I know I am a dreamer, but unless he or Paxton step forward, I can see us spending some coin on another proven QB, next season. Elway will want to see improvements sooner than later, and unless we land a "can't miss" QB in the draft, we may be a few years away from serious contention again, unless we lure a quality player into our fold.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'm not gonna lie....I would like to see Paxton play again, sometime before season end. Trevor seems done, and Oz has his moments. For those who appear to be sticking by him, what has he done over the last couple of years to make you feel like he is potentially the future?
    I can ask the same question about Lynch. All I ever hear about from Lynch "believers" is his "big arm", his "athletic ability", etc., but it's obvious that he's severely lacking in football intellect and work ethic, which are crucial. I have no illusions about OZ or TS, but to "dream" that Lynch will somehow transform if he just plays more games is unrealistic.

My feeling is that we already know what we've got with both Osweiler and Siemian, we've seen both their ceilings and frankly neither one is high enough to get where this organization wants to go. Both these guys are decent backup NFL QBs, but that is all they will ever be. Personally I prefer Siemian over Brock, but the problem with Siemian is he can't play hurt(which he is right now) and he's hurt every season going back to college. If I know this, don't you think defensive coordinators around the league who do this for a living don't see this as well? Brock's mechanics are simply atrocious, there's no way he's going to be consistent over the long term and for those he think he did well last night, was that really Brock doing well or was it because they were playing the worst rated pass defense in the league?

Coach Vance Joseph has said it wouldn't be "fair" to ask Lynch to play in a regular season game at this point. My goodness, not "fair" to ask a guy with a $9.4 million contract to take the field and do his job? That's the problem with VJ, he's too worried about coddling these guys and hurting their feelings. I guess they will be handing out participation trophies as the end of year when they go 4-12?

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post

Coach Vance Joseph has said it wouldn't be "fair" to ask Lynch to play in a regular season game at this point. My goodness, not "fair" to ask a guy with a $9.4 million contract to take the field and do his job? That's the problem with VJ, he's too worried about coddling these guys and hurting their feelings. I guess they will be handing out participation trophies as the end of year when they go 4-12?
    I think you're taking VJ's comment at face value and not translating the "coach speak". What he's really saying is "Lynch is unable and unwillling to learn how to be an NFL quarterback, so he has no business playing". That's not coddling.

Oz > trevor > Lynch. Did you all not see that oz played pretty darn good??

Era? You mean error right?

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Wow man don't tell me you think Oz is the long term answer at QB. Why the hell did we move up in the first round to select Paxton and not even play him during his second season? That would be another poor decision in a long list of bad decisions made by the Broncos brass imo
    Oz isn't the long term answer at QB, but since Denver is not in a 'win now' mode anymore, may as well let Brock play out the string. Let him keep playing until the team is back in a 'win now' mode and by then, the 'answer' may be on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Oz > trevor > Lynch. Did you all not see that oz played pretty darn good??
    Honestly, I think Oz is the closest QB on this team to being a long term solution, but I'd still like for us to draft a QB in the first this year, especially if we have a high draft pick.

Sure, why not?

Okay, maybe not...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    While the QB play last night was good, he did nothing to inspire the rest of the team. A QB is more than someone to distribute the ball, he must also encourage inspire and lead. Oz did none of that.
    I disagree with this, our QB, our running game and our WR play weren't the problem (except for the regular drops by DT). Our ST's destroyed any chance of mounting a sustained momentum swing! He was almost Peytonesque (just a little).

McKenzie is garbage, plain and simple! Winning teams put reliable players in positions that require ball security. Brock is heads and shoulders above Lynch right now and as cool as a top 5 draft pick is I still want to win. We still have some business to take care of and Lynch is not even close to ready for this. Our team deserves better, our fans deserve better. That game could have been very different with out the gifts.

Brock and Sanders looked great last night.
    Last edited by Taos_Broncomaniac; 11-13-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    [

After today it sounds like we wont see this guy at any point this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Tough decision.

Lynch has certainly disappointed to this point. But I am not calling him a bust just yet. Incomplete project certainly. But only the coaching staff and his teammates have any clue if this young man can handle the pressure and the job. And in all honesty they might not "know" either. As fans we continue to look for answers in veiled rumors or offhand comments about his work ethic. Our perception is usually shaded by our bias. I would be interested to see how he plays in some games with preparation and play calling to suited his weaknesses and strengths.

That being said, I would prefer they play Osweiler a couple more games at least. Lets see if the he can provide some decent play against teams not likely to play in the SB. If he can start getting something out of this offense over the next 4-5 games bring him back to compete next year. Once they get a feel for how he is running the show it leaves an opportunity to bring in Lynch for the last 2-3 games to audition and frankly prove his worth to the team.

Playoff hopes are over. Now it is about showing some professionalism and pride. From the coaching staff to the practice squad this has been disappointing and have shown surprisingly little heart for a SB winner just a couple seasons ago. Only so many excuses can be made. They have a lot of work to do.
    Pretty much all of that.

Lynch, I was surprised how thin his arms were when he took the shoulder injury. Looked like he hadn't been lifting, thin arms with no muscle tone.

When he signed his arms looked more robust, this season he looked soft and thin. Now today, of course he hasn't been lifting so he has no upper body strength. Not a good time to bring Lynch in over Brock Os or even Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Honestly, I think Oz is the closest QB on this team to being a long term solution, but I'd still like for us to draft a QB in the first this year, especially if we have a high draft pick.
    Brock IMO has been showing some promise. He really doesn't have much to throw to, frankly. Sanders healthy is getting separation. The other main guy DT is NOT getting separation. The O is designed to get the ball to DT, but he's not getting separation.