Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I hope we turn to Paxton Lynch at some point soon. I feel bad for Brock because I think he wants to do everything he can to win, and turn this season around for us, but he is getting no help and we are not making any noise this season, it's a lost cause as far as I am concerned. I would turn this thing over to Paxton, hope we lose out, Paxton will prove he was over-drafted and prove he is not the future for this team, the coaching staff will probably get fired, and we will have a shot in the draft to hopefully get a top 5 pick, although John Elway will probably find a way to ruin that anyway. This off-season we need to clean house, there are a couple inflated contracts that could go, and we need to start rebuilding this team because right now, we are in a bad spot, it sucks but it has too happen. Playing Paxton I feel gives us the best chance to get a higher draft pick come April, which right now wont be the teams goal, but as a fan, it's what I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    After today it sounds like we wont see this guy at any point this season.
    At the very least we won't see him until the Broncos are officially eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    At the very least we won't see him until the Broncos are officially eliminated.
    At this point we are all but officially on paper eliminated...but it's pretty obvious, we're eliminated. I don't advocate for Lynch to play, because I've already seen him as a bust, but really at this point there is nothing to lose anymore. The defense isn't going to get better and be motivated, especially when the special teams unit isn't playing even to the standard of a college football team. The season is lost already, if Lynch gets put in if only to confirm he is a bust, then fine. At this point once the front office sees there is nothing in Lynch or Siemian they can go all in on the draft for a first round QB. Unless the FO has already decided to move on from Lynch based on what they have seen already, whether that be a lack of motivation or an unteachable product.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Paxton is going to suck however he's a first round pick so I've been waiting a long time to see him get his shot. Bring it on. Put him in
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

I'm in favor of playing Paxton. I lost most of my faith in him during the offseason but he was gripping hard and seemed to seize up a bit. That said, I would like to see Paxton play out the season so he has every opportunity to get comfortable and show that he has some game. I like Brock but I think he has shown what he is, both good and bad. My thought is to cull out the players for next year. Next year, Trevor needs to be competing for a backup role on a different team. I feel the same way about Paxton, unless he amazes for the last six weeks. I doubt it but won't know until he gets consecutive live fire opportunity.

In my perfect scenario for next year, I'd like to have a vet as starter (Smith, Cousins, Brees, other?), Brock as backup, Kelly as development option who dresses for the games. I know they don't dress three, I want that to change - this is my story. I want Denver to use their very highest picks on offensive lineman and LBs. Not much to ask, right?

Oz, looked pretty good to me. Don't think Peyton would even make this offence look very good, just our turn in the barrel I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dan View Post
    Oz, looked pretty good to me. Don't think Peyton would even make this offence look very good, just our turn in the barrel I guess.
    Peyton in his prime could have done better with this O personnel. Wouldn't have been so inept in the redzone.

Current team can't run in the redzone and can't pass either.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'd stick with Oz honestly. QB play wasn't the problem last night. Brock and Sanders had some great freaking chemistry. We know Lynch is bust city, lets give Oz the rest of the season to see if he could he a competitive option for next year.

With a better coaching staff, I'd be good with bringing back brock and then drafting a QB to compete with him going forward.
    I would agree with this if I was sure Vance wouldn't have another QB competition with Paxton involved but Vance has proven to not be able to see what everyone else sees, slow to make obvious decisions and willing to give chance after chance (terrible traits for a NFL HC).

Because Paxton was a 1st round pick, he may be around in 2019 too stealing money.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I would agree with this if I was sure Vance wouldn't have another QB competition with Paxton involved but Vance has proven to not be able to see what everyone else sees, slow to make obvious decisions and willing to give chance after chance (terrible traits for a NFL HC).

Because Paxton was a 1st round pick, he may be around in 2019 too stealing money.
    1st round picks' contracts are guaranteed, I believe. So I think we'll be paying him for 2 more years no matter what, unless someone else smarter than me knows something.

Brock is ok, but still not at all sold at him. He has thrown 19 picks in the last 18 games. And fumbled 6 times in the last 18 games. He has scored 19, 23 and 16 in the last 3 games, against pass defenses rated 26th, 28th and 32nd.. dead last. Although the Pats have been better lately, still.. we were home, and I don't think we should pin our future on a QB whose best trait is "didn't screw up too badly!".. or even "he was ok!"

Some of it is play calling, but I still think Brock is just ok. He has one probably 1 standout game in his career, that's it. I'm not sure why people are so sold on the guy. If we lose one more, we will pretty much be done for the year, and we should play Lynch no matter what at that point. For one, we'll finally see if we can move on (from our four backup QBs. = P ).. and although I never like the idea of tanking a season, the closer we are to the top 10 picks, the less we have to give up, if we want to move up to get one of the better QBs in the draft. Because that's what we should do.. either take a top QB, or trade for a GOOD and established QB in the league. Not trade for a middle of the road guy, or pick a 2nd round QB in the first round. =)

If we start next season with a QB contest then we should just go ahead and write it off as a losing season.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    If we start next season with a QB contest then we should just go ahead and write it off as a losing season.
    I pretty much agree on that. Broncos need to go all in on whoever they decided is the future.

Look how a competition worked this year... Both QBs looked below average and never really seemed to get the time needed for a high comfort level and chemistry with the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    1st round picks' contracts are guaranteed, I believe. So I think we'll be paying him for 2 more years no matter what, unless someone else smarter than me knows something.
    I believe his 2018 salary of $1.3M is guaranteed but his 2019 salary is not.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Dilly, dilly!!!!!

Just wondering if you all saw this? At least he's not blind. I think this offseason is gonna be interesting!

https://predominantlyorange.com/2017...n-not-settled/