Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Scores View Post
    Tanking is trying to lose, which no team ever does. Teams always want to win no matter what the scouts are doing. That is a well-documented fact.
    That's not what I'm saying. I obviously know what the word 'tanking' means in football terms. Whether or not we try to tank or not, its happening. This team trying to win is not going to produce a different result. This is the same team that gave the sorry giants their only win this season. We are a bottom 10 team, if not bottom 5 roght now.

And I've seen the effort the D is putting out on the field. That side of the field is already tanking. Hence it won't matter if we try to tank or not.

Easy? Easy for who exactly?

Our opponents that get to put a check next to our name?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Easy? Easy for who exactly?

Our opponents that get to put a check next to our name?
    I agree. Cincinnati isn't any weaker than we are. Cincinnati's defense is actually playing decent, and their offense is about as pathetic as ours mainly due to their horrid O-line.

We got beat by the Giants, and housed in our last two games. I don't think we are going to flip some switch this season. I'll be rooting regardless obviously, but I really hope we get high draft picks in the draft, so......

I could see us winning out, unfortunately I can also see us losing out. Cincy is still a challenge simply because AJ Green is incredible and our offense sucks

Tanking is trying to lose, which no team ever does. Teams always want to win no matter what the scouts are doing. That is a well-documented fact.
    Idk continuing to put McKenzie out there tells they aren't too concerned with losing.

Team records can be misleading, but FWIW here they are for our remaining opponents:

Bengals: 3-6
    Raiders: 4-5
    Dolphins: 4-4
    Jets: 4-6
    Colts: 3-7
    Redskins: 4-5
    Chiefs: 6-3

What worries me is the "other" New York team's only win was at our house. I have watched all of these teams play. The Bungles, Dolphins, and Colts games should be easy wins. I am not so sure about the Jets game being an "easy" win because they blew out the Bills, who are legit playoff contenders, although their Week 4 game should have been a loss. The Colts suck on both offense and defense. They can't do anything until Andrew Luck and Malik Hooker return next year. I am more concerned about the Redskins, who almost beat the Chiefs and dominated the Raiders. People are calling Cincinnati the Bungles again for a good reason: that is what they are doing.
    I doubt the Colts will roll over for you guys. Even with Peyton, you had a hard time winning in Indy with a better D. Granted, we don't have Luck but if your D continues to play the same way, you will be in for a surprise.

I only see the Dolphins as an easy win. The rest will all come down to the wire. Redskins and Chiefs will probably take care of you.

You would think after the threads about how easy the bills and Giants would be that we would have learned our lesson about assuming anything is easy for this 2017 Broncos version.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I could see us winning out, unfortunately I can also see us losing out. Cincy is still a challenge simply because AJ Green is incredible and our offense sucks
    If the No Fly Zone was playing like it did for years, I would not fear A.J. Green at all. He caught only one pass for six yards against shutdown CB Jalen Ramsey. The question is will our guys play at an elite level again, allowing Green to repeat his one-catch performance?
    GO BRONCOS!

I've gotta think that thursday night Broncos@ Colts game gets flexed out.

As for the question, I see two or three more losses. Anyone actually think they have a chance at the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
    I've gotta think that Thursday night Broncos@ Colts game gets flexed out.

As for the question, I see two or three more losses. Anyone actually think they have a chance at the playoffs?
    Only Sunday afternoon games can be flexed according to NFL rules.
    GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You would think after the threads about how easy the bills and Giants would be that we would have learned our lesson about assuming anything is easy for this 2017 Broncos version.
    If you are directing words towards the topic of this thread, I would differ with you. Most of the following games are easier than have been the last ones. And if you read the title, it asks, "will we respond?" So, maybe you and a few others are not taking aim at the guts of this thread, but I fully disagree with anyone who wants to challenge it. Two things were put forward....1) Teams, on paper anyway, are not as dominant as were KC, Philly and The Pats. 2) "Will we respond?" as in, will we respond.

Very straightforward......
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-14-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    Giants lost to the 49ers. We lost to the Giants. That makes us a joke.
    I'm glad I'm not the only fan who felt embarrassed by that. I mean the 0-9 49ers beat the Giants when we got our team handed to us by them. That may be the Giants only win this year...at our expense

even giants beat us.
    'gets easier'????
    then, it has to be vs browns, vs browns, vs browns .......
    it's done this season.

Well.....just lost at home to a bottom dweller. One change came about as a result. We have other threads to discuss the details of the change, but I will repeat for the nth time:

PLAY PAX!!!

Unless we basically win out (AND keep our fingers crossed), we are out of the playoffs. So the question.....do we want to keep playing Brock, and with some decent play, finish closer to the middle than the lower half? Now, playing Brock is no guarantee that we will win any games, but what are we trying to learn with him at the helm? Have we not seen enough?

Unless he's hurt, I will trust that Pax plays this coming weekend. If not, I too will be questioning Elway, someone I have really appreciated over the years.

But losing to The lowly Bengals in our house, knowing that it was the game to turn it around, makes me wonder about the heart and soul of this team. Sure, losing breeds division at times, but I still believe that winning that game could actually put them back on a path to the playoffs (at least in their more positive thoughts). Sure, I doubt that the win would have led to such a lofty outcome given the opponent, but I was expecting more.

Tough season for the fans. But look at it this way if you can: we still have a good D, and with a good draft and a few FAs, next year might not be a setback at all, like some teams who rebuild. I am not talking "rebuild", but we do need a handful of quality pieces (excluding coaches/management). In fact, if we were to either land a good, proven vet or a highly touted draft pick, I have a feeling that most of us would be excited about the future, even if it might take a year or two.

As for those in charge, I also expect some changes beyond the firing of the OC.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-20-2017 at 12:59 PM.

I only care to win if Lynch is under center doing the winning.