Vance Joseph still confident in Brock Olivio

Fans calling for Brock Olivio's head are not going to be happy in the near future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...al-teams-coach

"He's a very, very bright guy. He's learned under a guy who's the best in the entire league (Kansas City's Dave Toub). ... I am not down on Brock."
    I hope Joseph figures out Olivio is not going to be a Dave Toub clone by the end of the year.
    GO BRONCOS!

Our special teams have hit Brock bottom...

Does it matter at this point? Who would coach special teams now? Let them [keep trying to] do their jobs, then cut both of them after the season.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Remember when we interviewed Dave Toub for the HC position?

Just think, had we hired Toub, Olivio would liklely be KC's special teams coordinator....

How good does all this sound right now??

just another sign that VJ is lost, and has no one to help show him how to do his job.

Sure, why not. Might as well finish out with consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Does it matter at this point? Who would coach special teams now? Let them [keep trying to] do their jobs, then cut both of them after the season.
    Of course it matters. Our special teams were not terrible last season. In fact Brandon McManus had been very reliable since he got there and earned a new contract. We are seeing the same thing with him as others on the roster who were great before the current coaches arrived.

I am not saying a position coach should be fired before the playoffs. It just concerns me that Vance Joseph does not realize he hired the wrong STC because we are better than this.
    GO BRONCOS!

Man, we are in for some really bad times under Vance, this guy looks lost on the sidelines
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Coaching change in midseason usually doesn't work out. We might as well ride this season out.

I don't want to see Isaiah McKenzie out there though! No one deserves 6 chances! That is pure stupidity!

Vance may get better in subsequent years, but I just can't stand someone that takes so looooong to make a decision!

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Coaching change in midseason usually doesn't work out. We might as well ride this season out.

I don't want to see Isaiah McKenzie out there though! No one deserves 6 chances! That is pure stupidity!

Vance may get better in subsequent years, but I just can't stand someone that takes so looooong to make a decision!
    How many coaches give up on a kickoff or punt returner after only six games? That is long enough to make mistakes, but with the wrong STC, not enough time to correct them.

Joe DeCamillis meanwhile experimented with different punt returners before settling on one who was on the practice squad this season.
    GO BRONCOS!

I honestly can't remember a more disastrous special teams performance than the one against the Pats on Sunday night. Muffed punt, kickoff returned for a TD, blocked punt, and then a 12 men on the field penalty to keep a drive alive to top it all off. Those four plays led to 24 points...
    Last edited by Bootleg; 11-16-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I honestly can't remember a most disastrous special teams performance than the one against the Pats on Sunday night. Muffed punt, kickoff returned for a TD, blocked punt, and then a 12 men on the field penalty to keep a drive alive to top it all off. Those four plays led to 24 points...
    I can't remember the Broncos making four ST miscues in one game either. Other teams have done worse, but 12 men on defense is inexcusable. I heard Al Michaels suggest Brandon McManus was trying to make a returner run out of the end zone. Those two mistakes are 100% on coaching, not the players.
    GO BRONCOS!

I honestly can't remember a most disastrous special teams performance than the one against the Pats on Sunday night. Muffed punt, kickoff returned for a TD, blocked punt, and then a 12 men on the field penalty to keep a drive alive to top it all off. Those four plays led to 24 points...
    Talib said it best - At one point Brady had 18 yards passing and NE had 21 points on the board

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Talib said it best - At one point Brady had 18 yards passing and NE had 21 points on the board
    They didn't even give themselves a chance to win, no team in the NFL can overcome so many miscues.

They didn't even give themselves a chance to win, no team in the NFL can overcome so many miscues.
    A team certainly can overcome four major gaffes. We can't because of our coaching staff, but I have seen it happen.
    GO BRONCOS!