Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Is It Time For Elway To Step Aside?

I'm really tired of the coaching carousel, the poor drafts, the complete inability to address the issues on offense. Allowing this mess to continue only shows that his ability to build a team with all three phases and his coach selection decisions are really becoming suspect. I think that there should be some talk now of Elway handing over the GM duties to a competent professional, along with some competent scouting personnel and coaches. Elway should remain as the VP to represent the Bowlen's interests on the team and so that he's not shamed out of Denver and not thought of as another Matt Millen. What say you Bronco Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    I'm really tired of the coaching carousel, the poor drafts, the complete inability to address the issues on offense. Allowing this mess to continue only shows that his ability to build a team with all three phases and his coach selection decisions are really becoming suspect. I think that there should be some talk now of Elway handing over the GM duties to a competent professional, along with some competent scouting personnel and coaches. Elway should remain as the VP to represent the Bowlen's interests on the team and so that he's not shamed out of Denver and not thought of as another Matt Millen. What say you Bronco Fans?
    I wonder what people would think of Elway as a GM had Manning had not played here?

Manning really masked the problems we had.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    I wonder what people would think of Elway as a GM had Manning had not played here?
    I think it's a valid question. We really lucked out on landing Peyton Manning. Watching him play the quarterback position was a thing of beauty. Look at what we have now.

Dear lord..
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I was going to give you a detailed answer as to why I think that would be an insanely bad idea, but I donít think it would matter much to you....so I will just say....NO, I donít.

Coach maybe....

I'd give him one or two more seasons (at the current trend), but my patience is pretty thin. I don't know what the heck Elway saw in any of these QBs, I also realize that Manning really masked our offensive line, which has been weak for awhile. I'd love to see a monster TE and a competent WR3.

Manning really masked the problems we had.
    He did. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I think it's a valid question. We really lucked out on landing Peyton Manning. Watching him play the quarterback position was a thing of beauty. Look at what we have now.

Dear lord..

You do realize that the reason we got Manning was John Elway. Without Elway we do not get Manning. Elway built one heck of a D and brought us PM and Von Miller and our third SB. While I really question his coaching choices this year, I am still very gratefull for him coming back and bringing us out of the mess we were in and getting us another ring.
    ďThe fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.Ē

― William Shakespeare

I understand Elway is a legend in the fans eyes and I would like to see him stay that way. The things that I mentioned as concerns are valid and at Elway's feet. I don't want to see him referred to as another Matt Millen type GM that becomes a joke.

Elway is fine, he needs to light a fire and literally "fire people". This team doesnt resepect the coaches and seem lazy and not motivated. I have played for bad coaches and it really can screw u up mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You do realize that the reason we got Manning was John Elway. Without Elway we do not get Manning. Elway built one heck of a D and brought us PM and Von Miller and our third SB. While I really question his coaching choices this year, I am still very gratefull for him coming back and bringing us out of the mess we were in and getting us another ring.
    Well then you and I feel the same about the current situation, and Elway as a GM thus far.

I wasn't criticizing him but merely saying he's not perfect as some around here think (thought?). Landing a great QB like Peyton Manning no doubt masked some shortcomings and ultimately, the decision whether to ignore them or not lies with the GM of the team.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

2 SB visits in 6 years, 1 SB win, playoffs 4 out of 6 years. Come up with a good replacement before you kick Elway out the door and when you get that person, he better do better than Elway. Oh, and Manning. Yeah, Elway was lucky to get him but I bet Elway was the reason Manning came here, so don't forget to factor that in too.
    "I gotta have more cowbell"
    - C. Walken

Last time Elway had a premium
    Draft slot was 2011 draft. DEN had 6 picks in the first 4 rounds... only 1 is still here and only 2 of those 6 picks are still playing in the NFL 6 years later.

The final nail in this defense's coffin will be yet another abysmal draft by this Elway-led front office.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post

Dear lord..
    When we lost Peyton we also lost an OC, coach and leader. He was the most important piece this organization has seen in recent years, not John Elway.

People must not have remembered the last few years Shanny was GM. Other then 2006 it was worse