Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Dare I start another rumor with no link but their is media speculation that Seattle does not want to pay Russell Wilson, Aaron Rogers type money in 2020.

There is also speculation that Schneider and Carroll have agreed secretly that they’d take 3 first round picks for Wilson after the 2018 season if the offer was there.

I do not want to trade Von but is it that far fetched to believe a Von Miller/one 1st round
    pick for Russell Wilson could happen?

It’s just a question however I’m not sure I’d support such a trade!

Joe Flacco being only 33, with his connections to Kubiak and with the support of Denver’s defense he would most likely be the best case scenario as well as the cheapest when it comes to top QBs
    Why not just Google it? The Seahawks/Wilson thing has been speculated for the last year or so. Here's an article from September about it.

https://247sports.com/nfl/seattle-se...wks-121979084/

One from May where it says that Wilson's plan is to finish his contract and then get franchised from year to year. Which I don't believe, I think he'd sign a new contract and take the guarantees rather than doing the year to year thing. But here's the article.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lision-course/

With all of that being said, the most valuable thing in football is a franchise QB. That's what everyone either has, or they're busy looking for. For Luck and Wilson those teams could probably demand 3 or 4 first round picks and get them for their QBs. Or they could demand an entire draft worth of picks and a future first.

Teams that need one (Denver) are desperate, and I don't see teams letting them get away unless they're getting massive Herschel Walker trade like returns.

Part of the problem is, Elway can't draft a quarterback to save his life. He has no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    Part of the problem is, Elway can't draft a quarterback to save his life. He has no clue.
    How many times has he tried to draft a QB inside the top 10?

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

None of The Broncos Gm's Seem to have drafted a decent QB? Maybe Since Tommy Maddox?
    So I still support ole' #7.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    How many times has he tried to draft a QB inside the top 10?
    I assume your point is that he hasn't. Do statistics show that a QB needs to be drafted in the top 10 to be successful? Of course, there have been major busts in the top 10.

Only Eli has been drafted in the top 10 and won a SB, of the current QBs
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

I assume your point is that he hasn't. Do statistics show that a QB needs to be drafted in the top 10 to be successful? Of course, there have been major busts in the top 10.
    Absolutely there have been, and if a QB drafted in later rounds happen to pan out the GM gets all the credit in the world too when in reality he just got lucky. Brady, Romo who went undrafted, Cousins...none of these guys were brought in to be the guy. They just caught fire with the right team in the right scheme at the right time and grew from it.

To say Elway can't draft a QB isn't really fair since there have only been a limited few who he has. Lynch was the only one he did draft with the intent of making him the starter. Siemian was never supposed to be a starter. Sloter should have never been let go, that is a black eye on him and VJ. He may have been the best one?? Kelly had the tools but obviously he is a mental case and nobody ever really expected him to amount to anything anyway. No mr irrelevant has ever really amounted to anything

I want to see a top overall or one of the top talents drafted. These guys are scouted and proclaimed the best for a reason. Why settle for a 4th, 5th or 6th best option in a draft and cross your fingers you "got lucky" ?? I know the bust rate, it's rare to find a franchise QB in rounds 3 or later. 85 - 90% of all the starting QBs today are drafted in round 1

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Sloter should have never been let go, that is a black eye on him and VJ. He may have been the best one??
    Sloter is 3rd string behind Siemian. Why the fascination with him?

To say Elway can't draft a QB isn't really fair since there have only been a limited few who he has. Lynch was the only one he did draft with the intent of making him the starter.
    Elway also drafted Oz with that intent.

Sloter is 3rd string behind Siemian. Why the fascination with him?
    Because he was the "mystery" QB that made some plays in preseason.... so he is the next Tom Brady

Broncos fans always have latched on to the backup QBs... I have fallen into that trap too, really easy to when QB is playing bad.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    A simple question: what elements of our franchise (players or coaching) do we have in place to feel reasonably confident to be optimistic about?
    Not much at all.A C-level QB,a HC with his backside on fire due to the temperature of his seat and practically no cap space.
    When it comes to hiring HCs,weíve had a best pal and a totally unqualified yes-man.
    We need to hire an experienced coach who will be allowed time (and space) to do his job with patience that the GM is well known for having a serious lack of.
    Itís a four or five year job to sort this mess out.I want Elway to be the GM who gets it right but we cannot keep dining out on what we achieved with an ATG QB acquired in FA and a generational defence that split after the ring.
    Not to mention the DC who seemed to be the one guy the players would give their all for.
    Itís just a big mess that we have so many average (at best) players and no cap space to go after the best FAs.
    Iím all for taking the hit on Keenum and going after Bridgewater but when we are being told after every loss that itís all good and things are coming together when Stevie Wonder could write a song describing how bad we are I cannot see anyone other than Keenum starting again next year.
    So to answer your question,nothing that is visible to the human eye unless you are an employee of the team.

Time to fire John Elway?

Just asking if anyone thinks its all on Vance

Nope, not yet.

Firing Elway might be the worst thing we can do at this point. The team has enough turmoil as it is. John is the one pillar this team has right now.

I am one of his biggest critics, he deserves critism, but he has some more leash due to winning a superbowl just 3 seasons ago. It is getting to the point however where some serious questions need to be asked, especially if he can't address some of the problem areas of this team that have continued to remain problems under his watch. Also if he keeps Joseph, and it results in another losing season, I will be calling for him to be fired, let's hope that doesn't happen.