Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post
    Just asking if anyone thinks its all on Vance
    Slightly getting off topic here but I believe John Elway and Joe Eliss converge together.

Meaning niether will be dismissed until a new owner has been established. In fact I donít believe a new owner would dismiss either unless that new owner was Beth Bowlen however that is unlikely.

Elway will most likely step down on his own and his working relationship with Eliss will determine if that is sooner than later but it will be at his own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Firing Elway might be the worst thing we can do at this point. The team has enough turmoil as it is. John is the one pillar this team has right now.
    Ok, but why is this train wreck solely blamed on Vance J. This was a total team effort by the offense to say we are lazy and incompetent and we cant catch a ball because we are done for the season? Wow everyone in the NFL was more competitive than the Broncos. We are now the Worst team in the leauge

Not yet. If we go through a fourth non-playoff season then that time will come. Elways inability to find a QB, besides Manning who was useful for only 2.5 years, has been dumbfounding.

Ok, but why is this train wreck solely blamed on Vance J. This was a total team effort by the offense to say we are lazy and incompetent and we cant catch a ball because we are done for the season? Wow everyone in the NFL was more competitive than the Broncos. We are now the Worst team in the leauge
    Elway has received his fair share of criticism, as has Musgrave, Woods, and Keenum. Elway hasnít been able to find a franchise QB or an adequate bridge QB to keep us afloat. Im not exactly sure if Joseph was ever the guy he wanted at HC as he wanted to fire him last offseason but he still gets blame for that.

This coaching staff is putrid though. Jewell and Davis constantly being put in man coverage against WRs, high end WRs at that. CBs playing way off the ball and giving free inside releases in the red zone when we donít have a S with that kind of range on the roster. Numerous alignment issues throughout the season. This defense can still be an elite defense, but the way they are being coached and the plays that are being called are absolutely horrible.

Offense is just as bad. Itís almost as if theyíre just throwing crap on the wall out there praying something sticks. Very little is done to influence a defense or set them up for a big play later on. And when they do get a big play one of the linemen body slammed somebody to bring it back and kill the entire drive. Lindsay, Freeman, and even Booker all looked like very good if not great RBs at various points throughout the season but Musgrave refuses to feed them and when he does heís running 90s style run plays and constantly telegraphing our runs by doing that stupid WR motion that is utterly useless and hurts more than it helps. Our WRs may be good blocking on the edge but they donít fare as well with the front 7.

Keenum has looked good at times and awful at others. I donít think thereís much difference between him here and in Minnesota. The targets in Minnesota were just better at attacking the ball in the air. Hopefully our WRs improve in that area because I think Keenum starts next year on a reduced contract. And if we actually run an intricate offense that builds off plays and keeps defenses guessing maybe he can play as well as he did in Minnesota.

Can we find another Peyton Manning even though he was pretty much washed up and done for with neck infusion surgery he was still better than Case K in his last hobbled year

Can we find another Peyton Manning even though he was pretty much washed up and done for with neck infusion surgery he was still better than Case K in his last hobbled year
    As would I.

Here's a quote from Derek Wolfe:
    When you lose a guy like Peyton Manning, that’s a huge hit to a locker room. Identity-wise, you have figure out what kind of team you’re going to be, because he kind of sets the pace for that. That’s why they call him the Sheriff. This last couple years, we’ve been trying to figure it out.”
    Peyton Manning's goals were always clear and he demanded respect and accountability from his peers and coaches. I think we (and maybe Elway too) tend to forget how important having an identity is to a young roster. Peyton Manning was essentially the quarterback, coach and identity of this team so when he retired, it was a double whammy. I don't feel bad for Joseph but he wasn't ready for this kind of endeavour and really had no chance.

Elway's poor decisions have led the Broncos to this mess, there's no two ways about it. He will get one more chance but as far as I'm concerned, that's it. One last chance.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 12-31-2018 at 04:06 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

No!
    And replace him with who?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Not yet. If we go through a fourth non-playoff season then that time will come. Elways inability to find a QB, besides Manning who was useful for only 2.5 years, has been dumbfounding.
    Daniel Jones anyone?

He needs to step down or be fired. Besides Von, Wolfe and Chubb who has he drafted that is a role player on this team? Butt is hurt constantly, this years class still remains to be seen, Bolles is beyond a joke (and to think we drafted him before ramschyk), etc. Peyton saved him with his ability to bring those free agents but since, it has been bad. He deserves one more shot but thatís all. Itís all real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Firing Elway might be the worst thing we can do at this point. The team has enough turmoil as it is. John is the one pillar this team has right now.
    Absolutely correct. Ownership needs to be stabilized first before taking away the Bronco brand from the team. Not that I'm advocating getting rid of Elway, as I think he's OK. The only weakness is he doesn't seem to be willing to make the bold move on a QB. Heck, John we gave up a number one to trade for you, why won't you do the same?

For me he gets one more season to improve the oline and qb. But i have no clue what he can do to get the right qb.

However if he comes out today and cuts Vj slack for injuries and gives him another year then Iíll be sad to completely jump off the elway wagon and say he needs to go.

And VJ is out!!

Thank God! Sad because heís probably a good guy but not a good coach.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Itís gotta be time to at least start the timer on Elway.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

Iíve been very critical of Elway. The GM and President of Football Operations should receive credit for success and failure. Elway earned leeway with early success and bringing the Lombardi back to Denver. He is also largely responsible for the results over the past three seasons. Sure there are others involved - Joe Ellis and the rest of the front office personnel.

I donít think Elway should step down at this point. Itís also not realistic to expect a return to the playoffs next season. Elway should have the next two years to rebuild the roster and a new coaching staff to get the team in the right direction. There is less room for error with free agency and the draft. He cannot repeat another 2017 draft. He cannot make mistakes in free agency with players like Stephenson, Watson and King.

If the Broncos have a losing record over the next two seasons it will be time for Elway to step down.