Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Ok I see you merged the topic all good, but Elway needs to go!! Down the road with VJ

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    Manning really masked the problems we had.
    Uhhh, THAT 2015 all time best Orange Crush DEFENSE masked a lot of the problems PEYTON MANNING HAD!! LMAO! Or was you even a FAN in 2015? Was I the only one watching Denver Broncos that year??? Peyton wasn't even a SHELL of his former self! He had a 2013 season that may NEVER be matched again. But his slide started in 2014, and with the Injury, age, and overall poor performance of 2015, if we didn't have the PLAYERS. and the COACHES, that ELWAY HIMSELF HAND PICKED, then we do not win that Super Bowl. All because of Defense, Von Miller, and Wade Phillips. Elway gets credit, a least a LITTLE, for that, don't he?
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    Uhhh, THAT 2015 all time best Orange Crush DEFENSE masked a lot of the problems PEYTON MANNING HAD!! LMAO! Or was you even a FAN in 2015? Was I the only one watching Denver Broncos that year??? Peyton wasn't even a SHELL of his former self! He had a 2013 season that may NEVER be matched again. But his slide started in 2014, and with the Injury, age, and overall poor performance of 2015, if we didn't have the PLAYERS. and the COACHES, that ELWAY HIMSELF HAND PICKED, then we do not win that Super Bowl. All because of Defense, Von Miller, and Wade Phillips. Elway gets credit, a least a LITTLE, for that, don't he?
    All of this exactly. Manning was terrible that year and honestly if he doesn’t get hurt we might not have made the playoffs, Brock kinda saved us.

Wade Phillips and our defense deserve all of the credit for that ring and anyone who thinks otherwise is downright foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Axemaster View Post
    I've been a Bronco fan since 1968. Attended first game in 1969 - Broncos vs Jets with Namath as their QB. Season ticket holder since 1991. Maybe you should use a little caution when calling out other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Correct, not until he shows he can run a team without a HOF QB on the field.
    Mkay.
    He did, Tim Tebow! Division title and playoff win!

All this being said, John absolutely HAS to get this coaching hire right and QB problem fixed.
    I’m the biggest Elway supporter around, but in my eyes he’s got 3 more years to have us competing for Super Bowls or I will also be calling for his head.
    This offseason is crucial and he cannot waffle between “well I think we just need to keep the team together and try to win with what we’ve got” and “strip it down and rebuild it” he needs to decide what he’s doing because it could mean his job.
    This good ole boys club crap with him, Kubiak, Russell, and Formerly Joseph needs to stop. It feels like my local high school.
    Make it right John, I have faith in ya!

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You do realize that the reason we got Manning was John Elway. Without Elway we do not get Manning. Elway built one heck of a D and brought us PM and Von Miller and our third SB. While I really question his coaching choices this year, I am still very gratefull for him coming back and bringing us out of the mess we were in and getting us another ring.
    No one but you, and a few other non Elwayhaters seem to remember , or even realize this FACT! Remember how bad we were 2009-2010, pre Elway?

Let me refresh your memories.

Brian Xanders. Brought in the worst coach, and players in a SHORT two year span, cannot count the 2011 season, as they were told, by the Owner I believe, to cease and desist by then. lol. yeah. I am pretty sure you all may say our player / draft guru Mike Shannahan, who wasn't the GM.\, but was the draft day main man too! He wasn't too great of a defensive talent judge, but in FOUR SHORT YEARS, brought in the BEST ERA of success the NFL had seen to that point. 13-3 in 96, 12-4 in 97, and one of the best TEAMS in sports history, just not the NFL, 14-2, and an Offense that could and did it all in 1998.

Where do you think John Elway learned???? From Shanny! What happened in 2011- 2015? 5 straight West Division titles. Two AFC Chapionships. One Super Bowl title. The best offense in NFL history in 2013. The Best QB performance in NFL history, Peyton 2013. The best, or at least top three defensive performances in NFL history, 2015.

Was all that in SPITE of Mike and John? I know, it is a what have you done for me lately NFL! We won't know what we have until it is gone I am telling ya.

As long as the Pat Bowlen Trust owns this team, I really do not think Elway is going anywhere. I say bring in Mike to coach. Kubes to O cord. Whatever it takes to get Wade to come back to the D cord. And beg bribe borrow or steal to keep Von! And for GODS SAKE, get a REAL, proven QB!!!

Would that be a recipie for success??? We sure became spoiled in those 5 years didn't we? Makes me personally appreciate it even more!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    I've been a Bronco fan since 1968. Attended first game in 1969 - Broncos vs Jets with Namath as their QB. Season ticket holder since 1991. Maybe you should use a little caution when calling out other fans.
    And when people say things like “Manning really masked the problems we had” Elway supporters will come out swinging.

I give Manning all of the credit in the world for what he did here. However, as was proven in Indy, we weren’t winning a Super Bowl with that formula. So Elway signed Ware, Ward, Talib, and others to create a winning formula, and what happened, they won basically without Manning.

Manning our up pinball numbers, but it was the year he wasn’t allowed to throw it 50 times a game where we got a ring. Elway made all the right moves and honestly, that team could have won it all if Osweiler would have remained the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    And when people say things like “Manning really masked the problems we had” Elway supporters will come out swinging.

I give Manning all of the credit in the world for what he did here. However, as was proven in Indy, we weren’t winning a Super Bowl with that formula. So Elway signed Ware, Ward, Talib, and others to create a winning formula, and what happened, they won basically without Manning.

Manning our up pinball numbers, but it was the year he wasn’t allowed to throw it 50 times a game where we got a ring. Elway made all the right moves and honestly, that team could have won it all if Osweiler would have remained the QB.
    I wasn't trashing Elway. Read my very first post when I started this thread. I don't want him gone, I'd rather have him in Joe Ellis' role as the head or even the owner of the Broncos. The Manning comment was in regards to the non-existent O line and the Del Rio defense. Manning was the defacto coach on the field and brought out better play by almost everyone. DT's greatest years for example.

Looks like John made the right decision letting Virgil Green go. He was so “under-appreciated” here. He’s playing horrible today.

What is our history winning percentage with and without John Elway involved? Then when you have that, you'll remember why JE should be here no matter what. How many different GMs assembled winners in the last three decades? The JE pro dismissal fans have no idea how special he has been and always will be.

We just had our best draft in 20 years. It’s definitely not time for Elway to step down. He’s swung and missed a couple of times, but so has every GM. Show me a GM who has never swung and missed and I’ll show you a GM who has never taken a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We just had our best draft in 20 years. It’s definitely not time for Elway to step down. He’s swung and missed a couple of times, but so has every GM. Show me a GM who has never swung and missed and I’ll show you a GM who has never taken a risk.
    Exactly, we've all heard the saying the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Imo, he has done well enough to keep on trucking and continue to right the ship

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

It’s more than a couple of times. A team with a Super Bowl caliber roster doesn’t miss the playoff theee years straight with the right moves. The first back to back losing seasons since 1972. Not to mention the eight game losing streak in 2017 - worst team losing streak in 50 years.

The 2018 draft was a start to makeup for several poor drafts. In 2015 the Broncos picked Shane Ray #1 - minimal production and he’s done. Ty Sambrailo at #2 was a bust. In 2016, Elway missed on Lynch - absolute bust. Gotsis was a solid #2 pick. Other than Bolles the entire 2017 class was a bust (Jake Butt TBD). Ramcyzk should have been picked over Bolles.

Elway had early success with free agents but poor decisions as of late - Okung, Stephenson, Watson and King are examples. Keenum was a bad signing but at least the contract was only two years. It’s possible Keenum has a better season in 2019 but unlikely (if he stays).

Lastly he made two bad decisions with Vance Joseph - hiring him and not firing him after the 2017 season.

Elway earned leeway with early success however his decisions over the last few years led to what we have today.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-06-2019 at 03:55 PM.

I’m very pro-Elway. But I understand where the “remove Elway” crowd is coming from. It’s not that he’s swung and missed, but how he’s swung and missed. Now personally I have faith he’ll get it back on track. But there have been a number of critical judgement errors that put us in the dire situation we’re in. So I can completely understand why some have a raised eyebrow on who he selects as HC and what we do at QB.