Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I agree that he isn't blameless, but I also think the offensive line problems are really hard to overcome. Not to mention the lack of offensive weapons to work the middle of the field.

You could sense one of the coordinators was going to get canned, just thought it might have been Olivo first.
    I'm sure that this is not the only firing to come this season. After they lose next week it could very well be Olivo packing his bags.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Makes me wonder about the talk that Paxton couldn't learn the playbook
    Likewise. He probably is behind on the learning curve and not as studious as the oher QBs, but stuff like this doesn't help a young QB digest the system either. Season is pretty much over, may as well throw him in at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    This was bound to happen at some point. I don't think it will make any difference however as the players and scheme will remain the same. I don't think Denver wins another game this season.....
    I'm not expecting the move to make a difference as far as wins and losses, but I'm definitely expecting scheme changes and hoping for personnel changes. We shall see, but I expect Musgrave to put his own stamp on the scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I'm not expecting the move to make a difference as far as wins and losses, but I'm definitely expecting scheme changes and hoping for personnel changes. We shall see, but I expect Musgrave to put his own stamp on the scheme.
    Something needs to change. This has been a season for the record books and not in a good way. I don't remember the actual stat, but this team got shut out for the first time in many years and they let CIN win in DEN for the first time since 1975!!!!!!

Hey man, when the defense holds their opponent to under 200 total yards total offense you win over 86% of the time in the National Football League. There has to be consequences for such egregious failures, so it was McCoy's responsibility to bear.

So for 11 weeks VJ let McCoy call plays that werenít practiced?

Something needs to change. This has been a season for the record books and not in a good way. I don't remember the actual stat, but this team got shut out for the first time in many years and they let CIN win in DEN for the first time since 1975!!!!!!
    It has been painful to say the least. I'm personally hoping to see some major changes - mostly to keep interested in the season. Lordy, this has been a hard one to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    That fact speaks volumes about the product we've seen on the field. As with anything, I am sure it isn't so black and white, however this would be a very, very big contributing factor.

Might even explain why practices looked so great to VJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I agree with both of you guys and if for a minute say you are a player on this team, how can you listen to a coach that has no power? How can you feed into what he is saying?

Gary Kubiak and John Fox refused to fire coaches because they knew it was not the coaching staff but instead the garbage personnel that they were given.

This was not a Vance Joseph move, this was a front office/Elway move. Mike McCoy is the scape goat because the personnel on offense cannot run his game plan therefore he did not have much to work with which left him with a very predictable vanilla scheme All the While the front office gets another pass. On the garbage they've given him. Billy Musgrave will take over but guess what, he gets the same garbage no talent players that McCoy had.

The front office better be careful because there is a pattern going on here and I've heard from sources that the Bowlens are infact keeping a close watch.
    Pretty funny - which Bowlen have you heard from ? Pat? Johnny?
    All major football decisions with the Broncos are made by the trustees. Pat Bowlen does not have a say in football operations, nor would a new minority owner.
    "John has never made any statements to the contrary, and at this meeting he voiced his full support for the contract extensions given to Ellis and other key team executives. John also indicated that although he is not actively looking to sell his minority, non-voting stake in the team, he recently was approached by someone who expressed interest in his share of the team.
    Bronco Bob

Setting all kinds of records. No shutout since 1992, no six game losing streak since 1990, and plenty of games left to break some more.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Pretty funny - which Bowlen have you heard from ? Pat? Johnny?
    All major football decisions with the Broncos are made by the trustees. Pat Bowlen does not have a say in football operations, nor would a new minority owner.
    "John has never made any statements to the contrary, and at this meeting he voiced his full support for the contract extensions given to Ellis and other key team executives. John also indicated that although he is not actively looking to sell his minority, non-voting stake in the team, he recently was approached by someone who expressed interest in his share of the team.
    I was also curious as to his source

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Setting all kinds of records. No shutout since 1992, no six game losing streak since 1990, and plenty of games left to break some more.
    At this point I am all in for losing the rest to be assured that Denver gets a top 5 pick now what JE does with it remains a mystery indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    At this point I am all in for losing the rest to be assured that Denver gets a top 5 pick now what JE does with it remains a mystery indeed.
    Maybe it will be more what Gary Kubiak does with it since he's now the Broncos' Senior Personnel Advisor. Perhaps he will help them make better choices. Obviously Elway recognized that shortcoming which is why he hired him back.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    So for 11 weeks VJ let McCoy call plays that werenít practiced?
    VJ always looks completely clueless when they camera show him on the sidelines. I bet they just give him a headset with no batteries in it before the game and he just never realizes itís not working

This was not on Mike Mccoy. I mean Elway needs some of the criticism as well. You give the guy an inept qb a Swiss cheese oline that's full of holes and a so far less than average head coach.

Mccoy can only deal with the players given and the talent isn't good to judge him this early. I guess you can say the same with Joseph but he's the head guy and I'm not that impressed with his tactics.

I don't like the firing of coaches right now especially after Elway called out the team as being soft. I don't think that falls in line with the coaches but whatever.

It just sets a bad precedent and I go back to what I always say. If you're a free agent coach or player what's the attraction of coming here? Our rep is slowly going downhill. We get to changing coaches and Elway refusing to come out and acknowledge that we having issues from top to bottom it sets a bad image around the league.

Our free agent appeal is taking a hit. Elway might be taking a hit as a GM. I love Elway and all but I'm thinking he needs a consultant or something up there with him. It shouldn't be just him making decisions. Yes he has had success but right now I think all of the team are his guys with the exception of D. Thomas. He built the team we put out there week after week.

This off-season is absolutely critical for Elway and Joseph if he remains because the ship is sinking I know the locker room is a mess and we are like a circus. I hope they are able to fix the problems but firing Mike Mccoy was a head scratcher or a pointed finger from who that same finger pointed should go back to him.

Musgrave did good in Oakland but he has no Carr and that Oline he had isn't here either. So now it begs the question of who will come in as offensive Coordinator now? I also think it means Joseph is safe for now. Mike got the short end of the stick here.