Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    DT's a good WR. Not what he used to be but most experts rank him as a top 15-20 WR.

Problem is......he's a top 5 paid WR, and he's definitely NOT a Antonio Brown, Julio, or AJ Green. Not a surprise we are trying to move his contract, given it's value to weight.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Still would have drafted Dez over Thomas
    And you really would’ve over paid and received half of DT’s production. DT hasn’t missed a game since 2011 and Dez hasn’t played a full season since then. Dez is just as bad, if not worse with dropped passes. You think DT disappears, Dez again is just as bad, if not worse.

Dez is the best and worst comparison to DT. And DT trumps him by all accounts. Both measurables and immeasurables.

If Josh had drafted Dez, he wouldn’t have made it into the Manning era

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    And you really would’ve over paid and received half of DT’s production. DT hasn’t missed a game since 2011 and Dez hasn’t played a full season since then. Dez is just as bad, if not worse with dropped passes. You think DT disappears, Dez again is just as bad, if not worse.

Dez is the best and worst comparison to DT. And DT trumps him by all accounts. Both measurables and immeasurables.

If Josh had drafted Dez, he wouldn’t have made it into the Manning era
    Your speculating he wouldn't have made it to the Manning ear. For all we know Thomas could have flourished with Romo and Bryant could have flourished with Orton/Tebow/Manning

With the sample we have to this date ill repeat my self. I still would have drafted Dez over Thomas.

My favorite Thomas stat line comes from Super Bowl 50. Six targets for eight yards.

Ill admit im a Thomas hater. I hate excuses and I hate players who just go through the motions. I will also admit the team doesn't have a QB on the roster so there's no way for him to get any constancy during games right now. Has the chapter been closed with Thomas in Denver? Probably not if they can land a QB like Cousins but then again Pryor is non existent in Washington and that surprising.

And yes, im bitter. I am season ticket holder he stood up on autograph day after renewing my seats for 5 years. I flew in for the event and got snubbed.

Next Step For Bottom Feeders: Bring in Sam Bradford and Nick Foles.

Sanders has had the same amount of 98+ yard games since last season as DT.

DT
    100 Week 3 against Cincy
    126 Week 13 against TN
    98 Week 3 against BUF
    133 Week 5 against NYG

Sanders
    117 Week 3 against Cincy
    162 Week 11 against KC
    100 Week 13 against TN
    137 Week 7 against NE

Stats wise DT is fine but i just feel like he never makes or breaks a game. Hopkins can have multiple QBs throw him the ball a season or 2 ago and still make great plays. Maybe it is our QB... i just dont see the heart in DT like i do other WRs

Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    Sanders has had the same amount of 98+ yard games since last season as DT.

DT
    100 Week 3 against Cincy
    126 Week 13 against TN
    98 Week 3 against BUF
    133 Week 5 against NYG

Sanders
    117 Week 3 against Cincy
    162 Week 11 against KC
    100 Week 13 against TN
    137 Week 7 against NE

Stats wise DT is fine but i just feel like he never makes or breaks a game. Hopkins can have multiple QBs throw him the ball a season or 2 ago and still make great plays. Maybe it is our QB... i just dont see the heart in DT like i do other WRs
    Ehh. Hopkins had under a 1,000 yards with Brock last year. Might want to rethink that one. Larry Legend looked like his career was over with a bad qb.

Never liked Thomas. A vast under performer.

Quote Originally Posted by drhiii View Post
    Never liked Thomas. A vast under performer.
    This performance for me seals the deal. His drops & apathy make me willing to trade him for a conditional 7th. Despite getting hit in the head over the middle, Sanders remains the guy who ‘wants’ it.

When I think of ‘soft’ Thomas & his mega bucks contract fit the bill. I’d take Fowler over him at this point & cost considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    Next Step For Bottom Feeders: Bring in Sam Bradford and Nick Foles.
    Dear God I hope not

They tried to trade him, Id say there is a 10% chance that he stays a Bronco. Love DT and I have enjoyed watching him. The catch in OT vs the Steelers has to be his highlight game as a Bronco, going to miss you brother

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I've never been a fan of Sam Bradford, but I remember Elway tried to make a trade for Bradford in 2016 (before the draft). Now that he will be a free agent and he probably won't be in position to demand an outrageous salary, I won't be shocked if Elway shows interest in Bradford again as a bridge QB. It would be a very deflating move, though. The Broncos could make the playoffs with Bradford if he stays healthy, but I don't know how someone can count on Bradford staying healthy at this point.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I've never been a fan of Sam Bradford, but I remember Elway tried to make a trade for Bradford in 2016 (before the draft). Now that he will be a free agent and he probably won't be in position to demand an outrageous salary, I won't be shocked if Elway shows interest in Bradford again as a bridge QB. It would be a very deflating move, though. The Broncos could make the playoffs with Bradford if he stays healthy, but I don't know how someone can count on Bradford staying healthy at this point.
    If he stays healthy, his a very accurate QB. He owns one of the top 10 most accurate seasons of all time last year, but he's just another of those QB's you are looking to replace, not looking to build around. We would have to draft someone top 5, and if you draft a QB top 5, you start that player, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If he stays healthy, his a very accurate QB. He owns one of the top 10 most accurate seasons of all time last year, but he's just another of those QB's you are looking to replace, not looking to build around. We would have to draft someone top 5, and if you draft a QB top 5, you start that player, period.
    I agree that a QB drafted in the top 5 has to play right away. Heck, now I even believe that Paxton Lynch should have played right away and "developing" QBs on the bench is a fairy tale. I already regret rooting for Siemian and thinking the locker room needed the best practice QB on the field. However, Elway just said during the last press conference that playing a rookie QB is not ideal. I don't know if that already was a pre-draft smokescreen.

I am not sold on Elway wanting to draft a QB in the top 5 two years after drafting Paxton Lynch and I am not sold on Elway having the guts to start a rookie QB with this locker room, Manning's orphans, wanting a veteran QB ready to compete. If it happens though, the rookie absolutely needs to play from day one and learn on the job, not through "mental" reps and TV screens.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I flamed dt weekly in every game day thread but let's be honest. He hasn't had a QB to get him any rythem the last two years.

If a vet qb comes dt needs to stay. He's an asset if the teams in a win now mode and can only get better with more quality looks each game.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    I flamed dt weekly in every game day thread but let's be honest. He hasn't had a QB to get him any rythem the last two years.

If a vet qb comes dt needs to stay. He's an asset if the teams in a win now mode and can only get better with more quality looks each game.
    I suppose that could be considered a reason for perceived lack of performance. Then, I think of Floyd Little who played with ten different QBs most of whom weren't very good except for Marlin Briscoe and Charley Johnson. When Floyd was inducted into the HOF his highlight video showed most of those QBs which was a strange flashback.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I wonder where he might end up if he's traded.