Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lamar Jackson would look good in Orange and Blue

Last edited by InElwayWeTrust; 11-21-2017 at 10:40 AM.

The RG3 Experiment was a failure.

3-years out of a running QB, then he can't walk.

No thanks.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    The RG3 Experiment was a failure.

3-years out of a running QB, then he can't walk.

No thanks.
    Jackson is prob a little explosive than RG3 but agree. Iíve been saying that running QBs do t last in the nfl.

Jackson is more Vick than RG3

You have to admit, he is looking pretty good! He looks like a bigger Michael Vick but I'd want him to be a pocket passer first like Russel Wilson. He would definitely put fear in any defense with that arm, speed and mobility. He would be special, so you would have to learn from history to protect him and make him last.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Jackson is more Vick than RG3
    And where did Vick lead his team to? How many superbowls? How many healthy seasons did he have?

He was great but still not worth imo

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post

You have to admit, he is looking pretty good! He looks like a bigger Michael Vick but I'd want him to be a pocket passer first like Russel Wilson. He would definitely put fear in any defense with that arm, speed and mobility. He would be special, so you would have to learn from history to protect him and make him last.
    No doubt he looks good in college. But most of these type of QBs do look great in college but never really translate to the nfl. He is a taller version of Vick by 3 inches but weighed 4lbs less than Vickís. So Vick was actually was thicker to absorb these shots a little better. Not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    And where did Vick lead his team to? How many superbowls? How many healthy seasons did he have?

He was great but still not worth imo
    SBs are not solely on the QB, but he was still top tier guy. He made his team's a perennial contender.

No doubt he looks good in college. But most of these type of QBs do look great in college but never really translate to the nfl. He is a taller version of Vick by 3 inches but weighed 4lbs less than Vickís. So Vick was actually was thicker to absorb these shots a little better. Not by much.
    Well let's look at when these measurements were taken, Vick was like a year older than Jackson from.vicks combine weight, and Jacksons college numbers. The inate ability to avoid big hits is also a skill some guys don't. RG3 didn't have that, I believe Jackson does.

Well let's look at when these measurements were taken, Vick was like a year older than Jackson from.vicks combine weight, and Jacksons college numbers. The inate ability to avoid big hits is also a skill some guys don't. RG3 didn't have that, I believe Jackson does.
    No running Qb, especially his size, has been able to avoid injuries. No run first Qb last very long in the nfl either. They have great first years or second years but with enough game tape they get figured out and usually remain backups or out of the league with 5 years.

Only exception is if they learn to be pocket passers first and use running the ball as a last options but i def donít see Lamar doing that. Lamar is a guy that loves to run and make plays with his feet. However, in the NFL , as we all know, everyone is fast. He will get hit more i can guarantee you that.

No running Qb, especially his size, has been able to avoid injuries. No run first Qb last very long in the nfl either. They have great first years or second years but with enough game tape they get figured out and usually remain backups or out of the league with 5 years.

Only exception is if they learn to be pocket passers first and use running the ball as a last options but i def donít see Lamar doing that. Lamar is a guy that loves to run and make plays with his feet. However, in the NFL , as we all know, everyone is fast. He will get hit more i can guarantee you that.
    That's an unfair assessment of Jackson. He has shown tremoundous improvement from the year he won the Heisman. His 1st year they had him playing snaps at WR before turning to him QB full time. He simply hasn't has the necessary time, yet when he did he has show big improvement.

Running back not WR

That's an unfair assessment of Jackson. He has shown tremoundous improvement from the year he won the Heisman. His 1st year they had him playing snaps at WR before turning to him QB full time. He simply hasn't has the necessary time, yet when he did he has show big improvement.
    Iím not saying he couldnít be be a pocket passer one day but it looks like this will be a project. I donít want to deal with a project QB that loves to run in a league where running QBs donít last. Just my opinion though.

Don't let the gaudy rushing stats fool you. Jackson keeps his eyes up when scrambling and only looks to run when nothing is open or if there's too much pressure to look for someone. Those big TD runs that their RBs had this week was set up by the defenses fear of Jackson being able to run. Jackson will open up the running game in big ways as well as the play action passing game. Jackson would fit in well with Kubiak's scheme and it's not surprising that Kubiak wants to call plays again, I think Jackson is the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Don't let the gaudy rushing stats fool you. Jackson keeps his eyes up when scrambling and only looks to run when nothing is open or if there's too much pressure to look for someone. Those big TD runs that their RBs had this week was set up by the defenses fear of Jackson being able to run. Jackson will open up the running game in big ways as well as the play action passing game. Jackson would fit in well with Kubiak's scheme and it's not surprising that Kubiak wants to call plays again, I think Jackson is the reason why.
    I will be keen to see Musgrave's use of Paxton going forward. A lot of the same concepts would fit well with Jackson early on.