Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Great Post & I hope the NFL office looks at both the officials - I mean how many refs does it take to NOT catch Crabtree punching Harris in the gut? And while play was stopped while Harris left the field you could tell he was ticked off? Couldn't anyone in NY call the refs & eject Crabtree right then & there? And Crabtree was NOT just blocking Talib he was running him out of bounds long after the play. Crabtree should be suspended for 1-2 games Talib none. Maybe a fine. Recently some commentators said if someone is ejected they rarely get a suspension. We will see.
    Who was the referee in Oakland? Al Riveron should not pay his Week 12 game check and also downgrade the entire crew but I don't think anyone should be suspended All 17 crews miss stuff every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I have been watching a lot more college football this year and have really taken notice of how much better the officiating is in the games I watch.

The officials really seem to control the game, are consistent and really seem to want to get it right. I was really struck by just how profoundly better the college games seem to be called.

The NFL officiating reminds me of the Ref in the WWE where they are part of the act.

Specifically, in college they call targeting when a player intently hits another in the head. The NFL, with all its CTE problems, never calls targeting-- yet we see it done every game.
    Unfortunately I have seen too many cases of players being ejected for hits that do not appear to be flagrant targeting and even the wrong number being called. They review all targeting penalties and usually confirm it anyway, despite TV commentators being able to see the call was wrong.The best example of this is at the Penn State/Ohio State game last month. Needless to say I think the targeting rule is bad for college football because players are being sent to the locker room for doing exactly what they are coached to do. Turn your speakers on for this one.

Last edited by Denver Scores; 11-27-2017 at 10:22 PM.

I see words like "thug" "punk" "cheapshot" being used again..........hot damn is this 1970`s football again??? Loving it. In the old days the Raiders were called by some, "the criminal element"....This little dance between Crabs, Harris and Talib is such small fry compared to the old days it doesn`t even compare.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemHeat View Post
    I love football fans and media. They are watching a sport that is centered around violence, where players suffer from long-term brain damage, paralysis, broken limbs, etc, but they're outraged when 2 guys have a fight that didn't result in any blows or damage LOL.

Just a week ago, John Elway called the players soft. There were threads on this forum asking for "meaner" players just a few weeks ago lol.

Losing Talib is going to be a huge blow to this franchise. He has been a great leader and anchor for one of the best defenses of its generation. More importantly, he's ALWAYS there to defend his teammates. Crabtree took a cheap shot at Harris on a previous play, and Talib reacted the same way when Harry Douglas took a cheap shot last season (obviously there's history between Talib and Crabtree, as well). There's a reason his teammates love him and he was voted as a captain.
    Talib himself said he wasn't defending Harris:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ts-unfortunate

It's an old feud between Talib and Crabtree that they need to end

Talib's just doing his job to help us tank.

Thank you, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Per Ian Rapaport

NFL: Michael Crabtree of the Oakland Raiders and Aqib Talib of the Denver Broncos have been suspended without pay for two games each for violations of unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness rules in Sunday’s game between the Raiders and Broncos.
    As expected. Talib does deserve the suspension.

But although to be honest, Crabtree should be serving a 3 game suspension not two. He 1) punched Harris 2) the out of bounds takedown 3) punched talib. 3 actions which ALL should have been penalized (only one was), in the span of two plays.

Plus...if the referees had done their job on the play Crab cheap shotted Harris, none of the rest ever would have happened. He should have been penalized, and ejected, then and there for the cheap shot on CHJ.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Good. Crabtree clearly was the aggressor but Talib did a selfish act. Truthfully VJ should strip away his Captain status but he won't.
    What Talib did was dumb. He's good for something like that at least once a year.

But....it was good to see fire and passion from someone wearing a Broncos uni for a change. Joseph should be publicly supporting his player, not running him down further.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhitt1 View Post
    It happened so early in the game this is actually a 3 game suspension. This will be appealed by both players. League is partially to blame for not acting on this chain pulling crap last year.
    League is also partly to blame for the refs not penalizing and ejecting Crabby when he cheap shotted CHJ before the play with the brawl ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Scores View Post
    To the contrary, Troy Polamalu said he liked the hair tackle because it meant he had the ball (a big deal for safeties). Or did you mean he objected to a rule change? It is well-documented he has long hair because it is a Polynesian tradition, despite being born in California.
    Palumalu was only the highest profile player with that kind of hair...far from being the only one.

But being the high profile player, when he was involved in a play like that, the league looked into it.Not because he asked them too...but because it was a high profile thing.

In the end, the league decided that anything of yours that is outside the uniform, is fair game.

No reason to think jewelry should be any different.

Not defending Talib, it was a dumb move. But thing is....wearing loose jewelry while playing a violent contact sport...just isnt intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    What Talib did was dumb. He's good for something like that at least once a year.

But....it was good to see fire and passion from someone wearing a Broncos uni for a change. Joseph should be publicly supporting his player, not running him down further.
    News alert: Crabs was playing a game called "football". Sometimes folks "hit" eachother.....lol

News alert: Crabs was playing a game called "football". Sometimes folks "hit" eachother.....lol
    Crabs threw a sucker punch and hit Harris, removing him from the game for at least a play.

That isnt football. That is being an thug ahole that deserved to be suspended on the spot. Had the refs done their job, he would have been. And then...none of the rest ever would have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    League is also partly to blame for the refs not penalizing and ejecting Crabby when he cheap shotted CHJ before the play with the brawl ever happened.
    Ejecting Crabs on his block on Harris???? Are you effing kidding me?????? Just a hunch but I am guessing you are a proponent for flag football at this point lol....
    The NFL cannot afford to add "incompetent referring" on top of everything
    else afflicting the league, and yet it does.

Why does Von Miller receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty
    (crucial game-deciding drive) for offering then refusing to help the
    opposing QB get up yet "Crabby when he cheap shotted CHJ" does not?

Add in the holding penalties that can be called to control games
    and there you have a conspiracy theory. lol

I can't believe this thread is three pages long and nobody corrected the subject title to first quarter.
    Last edited by Denver Scores; 11-28-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Bring on Langley. Ooo, can't wait. lol
    He's going to see a lot of passes thrown his way, that's for sure.

News alert: Football is not boxing or karate!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016