Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Look for touchdown Trevor to slice and dice this Miami D.
    how many Tds is he gonna give the Miami defense?

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Wouldn't Strength of Schedule Tie-Breaker be based on this years records, not last years (which was how it was determined we had the toughest schedule)? I imagine our strength of schedule looks much, MUCH worse with the AFC West being in the state it is. In fact, I would guess we're middle of the pack, at best.
    The SOS is based on the current season.
    playing the eagles and pats hurts Denver's SOS

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I was looking at a mock draft, and if we can keep our top 5 draft position there are a lot of good possibilities. I don't want to debate Elway's past failures but really discussing not taking a QB with our first pick.

For reference, let's assume this this mock draft for the sake of this discussion. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

I was listening to the 104.3 podcast and I think it makes more sense to draft to fortify our o-line with the top pick rather than take a QB. One person said it well, "why hire a couple of astronauts when you don't even have a space program". With a fortified o-line we have more options at QB, it also mitigates risk on whoever we pick to be our QB, plus it helps our running game. Stink said one coach told him the perfect game plan is zero throws. I know what he means by that, and I can see his point. We aren't ready for the top pick QB at this point, his first 2 years will be wasted because the rest of the offense is a terrible. Looking back, I wish we had done this last year but at some point, you have to just start and stop wasting time.

In the mock, Miami and Jets are drafting around position 8 & 9-ish, Bengals and Cardinals are drafting around 12 & 13-ish so we could trade back to their positions and take the best OT (Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame) and possibly use what we got to move back into the 1st to get the BAP or a QB or DT. If you are a Baker Mayfield fan, he isn't even projected to go in the top 2 rounds, personally I really like him and would take him in the second, maybe by moving up in the from our 3rd back into the mid-second to get him.

After last year's draft, I which we had gotten more depth on the o-line, when Bolles went down early in the season I thought we were done and realized that we are that close to being done with no depth at that crucial position.

This rebuild process will take year's and we need to get back to basics and fortify the o-line. Once we get past that point, we could get by with a journeyman QB, every year there are decent ones available.
    If magic is what we need, we better call Merlin. Elway can make a trade with the best of them but Id say his selections off the menu leave something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    how many Tds is he gonna give the Miami defense?
    Tell me how you really feel.

Tell me how you really feel.
    the same way I felt since last season...trevor is not a franchise qb...he is not a qb you want leading the team for years, he is nothing but a below average qb, whos best chance at longevity is becoming a career backup

and that if the broncos want to become a top team again...we must find that franchise qb

Here's a decent site for looking at draft order/strength of schedule. As I guessed, our SOS is currently just below middle of the pack, and is currently why we'd pick 4th instead of 6th. Winning this week could move us way down (up?) though.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

The Miami dolphins are a much better football team then their record shows. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. I heard a stat that despite losing to the Pats they hit TB more than any other team this season. So how do we think Trevor will do when he is being hit hard and often....I will give you a hint the word starts with INT and ends in TERCEPTION. What I am looking for is to see if Trevor can manage to break his own record of 3 INTs in a single game this season.

Now back to the topic at hand. I do not see us winning many or any more games this season. I think we are in a similar position to the NYG. We are going to cycle guys in and out to see if we like how they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    The Miami dolphins are a much better football team then their record shows. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. I heard a stat that despite losing to the Pats they hit TB more than any other team this season. So how do we think Trevor will do when he is being hit hard and often....I will give you a hint the word starts with INT and ends in TERCEPTION. What I am looking for is to see if Trevor can manage to break his own record of 3 INTs in a single game this season.

Now back to the topic at hand. I do not see us winning many or any more games this season. I think we are in a similar position to the NYG. We are going to cycle guys in and out to see if we like how they play.
    Intterception?

Trevor returning to his Pro Bowl form is a good thing. This will give the coaching staff confidence in him going into the offseason.
    Can you finally give up on this notion? Or are you that stubbornly invested in your infatuation with Trevor?