Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Please stop acting like tanking for picks is admirable. This isn't the NBA, tanking for picks benefits no one unless there is a generational qb like Andy luck in the draft.

Elway needs to go
    Please stop flooding every thread with your anti Elway rants, we get it you don't want him here. Unfortunately for you he's going to be the GM of the Broncos this offseason, so he's the person in charge of fixing it. Luckily for those of us in reality he's already fixed a Broncos team at the bottom once, and completely reshaped it after the Seattle Super Bowl.

There's nothing admirable about tanking, but it's reality now. The Broncos will be in position to get better players in every single round by losing, winning means that drops. It's not just about the first round, it's about the players in round 2-7 and being able to select the better ones available in each round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I was looking over his stats. His yards per attempt is on the low side this year, but that’s with a coach that doesn’t want him and bad receivers.

His completion percentage is good, his interception percentage is elite. His numbers compare well with other top 10 qbs.

His sack rate is high but that’s with bad coaching and a bad o-line.

Say we draft McGlinchey, and sign Jim Harbaugh. You don’t think TT could be good?

He seems like a legitimate franchise QB sitting in plain sight who is waiting to be locked down for a fraction of his value. I’d be excited to roll the dice on him. I remember thinking the same thing about Drew Brees when SD was doing everything they could to replace him.

Maybe you're right, I just don't see it. Franchise QBs tend to make themselves known by this point in their careers, and everyone realizes they're there. If Taylor becomes available he'll get signed, but teams won't be fighting over him. Franchise QBs also tend to be elite in at least a few categories, I'm not sure anyone would call Taylor elite, or even great at anything.

Everyone keeps talking about Darnold. I have been less than impressed in the games that I have watched from him this season. I don't think he's the answer. I'm really curious what others think about Chad Kelly though. His Sports Science was off the charts. I know his maturity has been the big question, but does anyone think it's possible that he could come out and seriously compete next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    It's pretty funny that 2 years ago, the general consensus around here was Manning was old and injury prone, he could easily be replaced by Osweiler.

Then last year, it was Ware and Ward were old and injury prone, they could easily be replaced by Shane Ray, Simmons, and Parks. Posters here called them mercenaries, they weren't drafted by the Broncos, they only cared about getting paid.

Now we have non-stop threads about how much we miss those guys, how much they improved the team. I guess it's that grass is always greener feeling everybody seems to have.
    Personally I think the people have the same opinions about these issues now as they did then...just some are not as vocal about how they feel now.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Good drafts. Something that has not happened since... 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisBronco View Post
    In my opinion, what I've noticed about other great teams is the leadership that runs the machine. Peyton Manning was our leader, even when he was declining and his numbers weren't spectacular, he gave the team something to fight for. What I see as a huge problem that has led to this mess is Elway's lack of keeping leadership in place. TJ Ward was a major defensive leader last year, and while I understand the business decisions behind letting him go, it still created a void of leadership to some level on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, does anyone really believe Trevor Siemian can generate a sold leadership presence to build from and really behind? Definitely not on the same level as Peyton was. Paxton Lynch simply doesn't seem to generate much in terms of stepping up and taking control of this team. Our coaching staff right now doesn't seem to be leading much either. What this team needs, more than anything, is leadership. If Elway wants to keep shipping out players who are established leaders in favor of younger and cheaper talent, that's going to be difficult to build around due to leadership always being shipped out. You can't put a price on leadership like you can annual salary, but you can see the results the vacuum of leadership causes. In my opinion, to rebuild this team starts with finding leadership to lead the offense and defense.
    We need better coaching.

We also need better talent on offense.

There are also some key questions that needed to be addressed about player acquisition, development and accountability in my opinion. I think some players will be 110% guys on their own but other guys on the team need to be encouraged to be full time effort guys. Bill Parcels had a great HoF speech where he talked about how important it is to create an environment in which players have the best possible chance to succeed. Not going to get into the details but his speech has some amazing insights that not only apply to football in my opinion but also in how Leads/Supervisors/Managers deal with people in other work places.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    #1, a coach not afraid to make tough decisions

#2, a vastly improved offensive line

#3, a vastly improved quarterback position

#4, a vastly improved ILB position

#5, an everydown RB

#6, a winning lottery ticket to pay for the vastly improved quarterback position

#7, WR's that don't drop balls every drive

#8, a young athletic TE (possibly already have)

#9, reduced season ticket sales so you don't feel like you need to sign a loan just to attend

#10, reduced beer sales so our fans get louder (speaking for myself, the more I drink the louder I get )

#11, Finally.........Don't lose
    You forgot Special Teams.

Needs:
    1. A good coaching staff
    2. A good QB
    3. A good RT

We get these three and we probably win the division.

Wants:
    1. A good coverage ILB
    2. A good guard
    3. A good pass-catching TE or RB

We get these with the first three and we're super-bowl contenders

Luxuries:
    1. A DT that can collapse the pocket
    2. A shutdown corner to replace Talib
    3. A hard-hitting strong safety that also covers well

We're basically a pro-bowl team at this point. We win the Super Bowl 2 out of the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Man, I don't get you. To be honest, I'm not sure you believe yourself when you say things like "Trevor is a baller" or the many other ridiculous things you've said lately about how amazing he is.

First, your comments fly in the face of reality. He's not a baller, he's not slice and dice the Jets defense, he's not a franchise QB, he's not a guy you build a team around and on and on and on.

And keeping him over a QB like Luck or Cousins is like saying you'd rather have VJ as your coach over Bill Bellichick to save a buck.

The other reason I'm not sure you believe what you're saying is because Rastic reposted your past comments about Trevor and the majority of them were pretty damning, What changed? He certainly didn't get better since those comments and posts were made. He got worse.

So I'm not sure how to take your comments. I'm not sure if you're kidding yourself, trying to kid us or are just plain in denial. Not sure which.

But there's something very off about your posts because they don't feel genuine. I could be wrong and if I am, please accept my apologies. But your posts feel more like your trying to take people here for a ride rather than a true expression of your belief in TS.
    Pretty good game today, especially when you consider the O is working with a new coordinator. As predicted, Trevor sliced that Jets D up pretty good. If needed, Trevor would have just kept the points coming. Fortunately for the Jets, they were unable to do much so Trevor and the Broncos backed off a bit. I don't see what's so off about these posts. I predicted a good game for Denver, and a good game they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The great thing about Trevor, as long as he's in there, we aren't winning any more games this year which means a high draft pick.
    Not only did we win, but we won big. Like I said, put Brock in if the goal is to lose. Trevor is solid when the team around him doesn't fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Not only did we win, but we won big. Like I said, put Brock in if the goal is to lose. Trevor is solid when the team around him doesn't fall apart.
    No. Trev just played an erratic team that’s just as flawed as us.

The team didn’t “fall apart” in Miami, he did. They didn’t “fall apart” against the Giants, he did. Against the Chiefs, Chargers, Bill’s? Again, he did. Everyone of our losses has been attributed to his piss poor QB play. And one average, at best, performance against another bad team doesn’t vindicate his terrible play the past 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    No. Trev just played an erratic team that’s just as flawed as us.

The team didn’t “fall apart” in Miami, he did. They didn’t “fall apart” against the Giants, he did. Against the Chiefs, Chargers, Bill’s? Again, he did. Everyone of our losses has been attributed to his piss poor QB play. And one average, at best, performance against another bad team doesn’t vindicate his terrible play the past 2 seasons.
    Pretty solid today, whether you want to admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Pretty solid today, whether you want to admit it or not.
    There’s nothing to admit to. He did nothing special. I saw nothing from him that made me think he’s anything more than a TC / scout team QB. You probably think he played well against the Cowboys also? He still did all the things that led us to being 3-9 prior to this game.

Because we beat a team that’s in just as much turmoil as us doesn’t mean anything. But if his continued bad play today was “solid” for you, then so be it. It was a solid day for him.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    There’s nothing to admit to. He did nothing special. I saw nothing from him that made me think he’s anything more than a TC / scout team QB. You probably think he played well against the Cowboys also? He still did all the things that led us to being 3-9 prior to this game.

Because we beat a team that’s in just as much turmoil as us doesn’t mean anything. But if his continued bad play today was “solid” for you, then so be it. It was a solid day for him.
    It was a solid day for the team overall coming of an 8 game skid or whatever it was. Who was the last team to shut out the Jets? They have actual been able to put some points up this year and have played in a lot of close games against solid teams.