Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 179
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Yes!!!! That's the spirit brother. We're stronger as a unit. Any ideas?
    Unless you're saying this in jest...I believe his post went completely over your head.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by FIshingTales View Post
    Unless you're saying this in jest...I believe his post went completely over your head.
    He saying he's all in! He'll be protesting this post!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    17

    What I find most frustrating

    Not really that we keep losing, although that part is really frustrating, but the fact that we can't help but beat ourselves every single game. For some reason we keep making opposing teams look like super bowl contenders when they are statistically just as bad as us before the game.
    Teams that have very little or even 0 interceptions- we'll make sure and give them a couple picks and a pick six.
    Teams that are at the bottom of the league in sacks - better make sure we let their pass rushers feast.
    The worst defense in the league - let's make them look like the '15 Broncos defense.
    Even defensively, while not as bad as our offense, still making teams like the giants and dolphins look like the patriots.
    Special teams - well lets just say the opposing team has a great opportunity to jump on a fumbled punt, blocked kick, or an almost guaranteed penalty on every ST snap.

    I've been a Broncos fan for a long time so I'm not saying I'm going anywhere but dang, I just want to watch a competitive team on sundays. There's not much to be optimistic about until the off season, hope next year isn't this bad.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesfiero View Post
    Not really that we keep losing, although that part is really frustrating, but the fact that we can't help but beat ourselves every single game. For some reason we keep making opposing teams look like super bowl contenders when they are statistically just as bad as us before the game.
    Teams that have very little or even 0 interceptions- we'll make sure and give them a couple picks and a pick six.
    Teams that are at the bottom of the league in sacks - better make sure we let their pass rushers feast.
    The worst defense in the league - let's make them look like the '15 Broncos defense.
    Even defensively, while not as bad as our offense, still making teams like the giants and dolphins look like the patriots.
    Special teams - well lets just say the opposing team has a great opportunity to jump on a fumbled punt, blocked kick, or an almost guaranteed penalty on every ST snap.

    I've been a Broncos fan for a long time so I'm not saying I'm going anywhere but dang, I just want to watch a competitive team on sundays. There's not much to be optimistic about until the off season, hope next year isn't this bad.
    That's what happens when you hire a turd to coach a professional sports franchise. Zero discipline, zero accountability, zero timely adjustments, zero answers.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,294
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    That's what happens when you hire a turd to coach a professional sports franchise. Zero discipline, zero accountability, zero timely adjustments, zero answers.
    And not to call the man a turd, but I do agree with your points. I can deal with losing, not that I'm okay with it, but I can handle it. But the way we lose is the killer. We've become a bad team. We do all the things bad teams do to not win games. From coaching to on-field decisions by players. It's a mess, just a complete mess

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    That's what happens when you hire a turd to coach a professional sports franchise. Zero discipline, zero accountability, zero timely adjustments, zero answers.
    Joseph canít help it if the players that he was given canít play. None of our quarterbacks should be playing on Sundays. The routinely miss the open man, throw the ball toward the wrong part of the field, etc. Just yesterday, a play was called where Fowler was going to the deep post, and he was open for the touchdown if Trev passes the ball across the field where he can run under it. Instead, Trevor passed the ball to a place where he had to change direction and run up the field. Pass incomplete, no touchdown. Thatís not on the coaches. Thatís on Trevor.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Joseph canít help it if the players that he was given canít play. None of our quarterbacks should be playing on Sundays. The routinely miss the open man, throw the ball toward the wrong part of the field, etc. Just yesterday, a play was called where Fowler was going to the deep post, and he was open for the touchdown if Trev passes the ball across the field where he can run under it. Instead, Trevor passed the ball to a place where he had to change direction and run up the field. Pass incomplete, no touchdown. Thatís not on the coaches. Thatís on Trevor.
    It's not on the coaches to coach young QBs into becoming better QBs?

    Pretty sure we had the same QBs last year, sans Oz, yet we did much better and made fewer mistakes even with a worse Oline.

    This coaching staff has done nothing but cause us to regress at all phases of the game.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,922
    JMO but I think the division in the locker room is worse then being reported. Some strong personalities on the defensive side of the ball.

    Josph inherited a mess of a locker room. Between the loss of popular coaches to a pathetic offense not properly addressed.

    Hope the report of his firing is not true. Give the man some time to fix the issues. And I include his inexperience as an issue to be fixed. Way too worried about underperforming players. Wrong type of loyalty IMO. He will learn

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    It's not on the coaches to coach young QBs into becoming better QBs?

    Pretty sure we had the same QBs last year, sans Oz, yet we did much better and made fewer mistakes even with a worse Oline.

    This coaching staff has done nothing but cause us to regress at all phases of the game.
    Can't chicken soup with chicken... you know what. How can you coach accuracy? How can you coach a guy to make the right decision in a split second? Quarterbacks either have it or they don't. Our guys don't. So no, this isn't on the coaches. This debacle of a season rests on the fact that the Broncos don't have a franchise quarterback. We can point to the offensive line all we want, and they do need to improve there, but at the end of the day, I know one thing to be true:

    Vince Lombardi had Bart Starr;
    Chuck Noll had Terry Bradshaw;
    Bill Walsh had Joe Montana;
    Jimmy Johnson had Troy Aikman;
    Mike Shannahan had John Elway;
    Bill Belechick has Tom Brady; and
    Vance Joseph has Trevor Simeon, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch.

    I do hope to see some improvement in this team but at the end of the day, our woes stem from the fact that Elway took Brock instead of Russell Wilson.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Can't chicken soup with chicken... you know what. How can you coach accuracy? How can you coach a guy to make the right decision in a split second? Quarterbacks either have it or they don't. Our guys don't. So no, this isn't on the coaches. This debacle of a season rests on the fact that the Broncos don't have a franchise quarterback. We can point to the offensive line all we want, and they do need to improve there, but at the end of the day, I know one thing to be true:

    Vince Lombardi had Bart Starr;
    Chuck Noll had Terry Bradshaw;
    Bill Walsh had Joe Montana;
    Jimmy Johnson had Troy Aikman;
    Mike Shannahan had John Elway;
    Bill Belechick has Tom Brady; and
    Vance Joseph has Trevor Simeon, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch.

    I do hope to see some improvement in this team but at the end of the day, our woes stem from the fact that Elway took Brock instead of Russell Wilson.
    And Os, Siemian and Lynch all played better under Kubiak. It isn't either/or, it's both. Our QBs are bad and our HC is bad. And our OL is bad.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    And Os, Siemian and Lynch all played better under Kubiak. It isn't either/or, it's both. Our QBs are bad and our HC is bad. And our OL is bad.
    It's funny you say that because they went 2-4 down the stretch and missed the playoffs for it. Siemian was so off target yesterday no one could have won with him.

    3-6 to close the season out. And one of those wins games included the blocked field goal by Simmons to win the game. We were very close to ending the season 2-7.

    So much for that vaunted coaching.
    Last edited by PunchDrunk; 12-04-2017 at 07:51 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,406
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Can't chicken soup with chicken... you know what. How can you coach accuracy? How can you coach a guy to make the right decision in a split second? Quarterbacks either have it or they don't. Our guys don't. So no, this isn't on the coaches. This debacle of a season rests on the fact that the Broncos don't have a franchise quarterback. We can point to the offensive line all we want, and they do need to improve there, but at the end of the day, I know one thing to be true:

    Vince Lombardi had Bart Starr;
    Chuck Noll had Terry Bradshaw;
    Bill Walsh had Joe Montana;
    Jimmy Johnson had Troy Aikman;
    Mike Shannahan had John Elway;
    Bill Belechick has Tom Brady; and
    Vance Joseph has Trevor Simeon, Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch.

    I do hope to see some improvement in this team but at the end of the day, our woes stem from the fact that Elway took Brock instead of Russell Wilson.
    I agree with this but I think there is a decent amount of us that realize this team lacks talent in Key posistions and that another coach most likely wouldnít make a difference in the W-L but itís the fact that Vance Joseph seems to be in over his head and overwhelmed. He probably wonít admit himself but itís obvious. I never seen a coach so clueless. On top of that he doesnít hold players accountable. Forget what fair to the player how about whatís fair to the team? It isnít fair for The defense to watch McKenzie muff or fumble after a good defense series or fair to the receivers Trevor to get open on their routes to not even have Trevor see them or miss them by a mile or check down and even worst not even throw a 50/50 ball on a 2pt conversion or the last play of the game. We could go on. Thatís not the kind of coaching that will take this team back to a super bowl in the future.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I agree with this but I think there is a decent amount of us that realize this team lacks talent in Key posistions and that another coach most likely wouldn’t make a difference in the W-L but it’s the fact that Vance Joseph seems to be in over his head and overwhelmed. He probably won’t admit himself but it’s obvious. I never seen a coach so clueless. On top of that he doesn’t hold players accountable. Forget what fair to the player how about what’s fair to the team? It isn’t fair for The defense to watch McKenzie muff or fumble after a good defense series or fair to the receivers Trevor to get open on their routes to not even have Trevor see them or miss them by a mile or check down and even worst not even throw a 50/50 ball on a 2pt conversion or the last play of the game. We could go on. That’s not the kind of coaching that will take this team back to a super bowl in the future.
    The McKenzie thing is the one thing I'm with you on. I don't know why he is out there fielding kicks after all the negative plays. But they are still playing hard for Joseph. They just don't have the players to win games. With a good quarterback, they would be putting points on the board, taking pressure off this defense and winning games. All it takes is for the offense to not go 3 and out deep in their own territory 10 times a game. Trevor is rattled. Brock is useless. Lynch is probably a mixture of the two.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    It's funny you say that because they went 2-4 down the stretch and missed the playoffs for it. Siemian was so off target yesterday no one could have won with him.

    3-6 to close the season out. And one of those wins games included the blocked field goal by Simmons to win the game. We were very close to ending the season 2-7.

    So much for that vaunted coaching.
    You left out Lynch and Os, as well as Siemian's TD/INT ratio as well as this OL is a little better.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,719
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    You left out Lynch and Os, as well as Siemian's TD/INT ratio as well as this OL is a little better.
    What are you talking about? Osweiler was on his way to getting run out of Houston last year and Lynch has literally never gotten better as a player. His best game was his first game. His YPA in four games has fallen every single game. It went from 7.08 to 6.37 to 4.33 to 2.93. Luckily for him, there is nowhere to go but up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •