View Poll Results: Who Do You Want For QB In 2018

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kirk Cousins

    2 8.70%
  • Teddy Bridgewater

    0 0%
  • Baker Mayfield

    10 43.48%
  • Sam Darnold

    8 34.78%
  • Josh Rosen

    2 8.70%
  • Lamar Jackson

    1 4.35%
  • Josh Allen

    0 0%
  • Paxton Lynch

    0 0%
  • Trevor Siemian

    0 0%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 225
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    10,900
    Luck
    Darnold
    Mayfield
    Bridgewater
    Rosen
    Jackson

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    So, for anyone that panned out after staying for their senior year, there werenít red flags. Anyone that didnít, means there were. Thatís called hindsight. It also doesnít make any sense. You canít just pick and choose the ones that fit your narrative.

    Huh? Actually, I can do whatever I like. All I did was show 2 examples as a retort to somebody else who randomly chose 2 examples to support their argument. If you want to pay me some money for my time and research.... Iíll be happy to conduct a more thorough analysis of what i proposed.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Huh? Actually, I can do whatever I like. All I did was show 2 examples as a retort to somebody else who randomly chose 2 examples to support their argument. If you want to pay me some money for my time and research.... Iíll be happy to conduct a more thorough analysis of what i proposed.
    Didnít Carson Palmer go back for his senior year at USC? He has been a good QB when healthy.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    My biggest worry with darnold is he seems to force the ball and doesn't always take what's given to him
    Mayfield has something like a 41:5 TD:INT ratio.... His teammates love him and heís ultra competitive....
    Darnoldís mechanics are out of whack and heís throwing too many INTs.... this would give me some pause.

    Donít get me wrong.... I would love Darnold.... but I just donít understand and why some who love Darnold look upon Mayfield with disdain.

    Iím close to the point where I think itíll be hard pass on Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jax or Allen in the first round. We just need a qB so bad. I prefer to go OT, but.... if we can get a true franchise QB... how do you say no?

    Anyway.... we wonít truly know what direction to go in until we see what free agency brings.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    10,900
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Mayfield has something like a 41:5 TD:INT ratio.... His teammates love him and he’s ultra competitive....
    Darnold’s mechanics are out of whack and he’s throwing too many INTs.... this would give me some pause.

    Don’t get me wrong.... I would love Darnold.... but I just don’t understand and why some who love Darnold look upon Mayfield with disdain.

    I’m close to the point where I think it’ll be hard pass on Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Jax or Allen in the first round. We just need a qB so bad. I prefer to go OT, but.... if we can get a true franchise QB... how do you say no?

    Anyway.... we won’t truly know what direction to go in until we see what free agency brings.
    I worry about Rosen's attitude, but literally anyone would be better at this point. If Denver drafts any of the young QBs outside of Allen (who looks like a project) I'll be excited and I hope they let them play on day 1.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,703
    Alex Smith is prob going to be available. I think if we don't go with a rookie he would be my choice.
    I would like to get a young QB, but with Kelly we already have that. Whether he pans out who knows, but he certainly has potential. That's about all you can hope from a rookie. Smith is careful with the ball, he would be a great vet to pair with some new young offensive playmakers.
    Use this draft to address OL, LB and skill positions on offense.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I worry about Rosen's attitude, but literally anyone would be better at this point. If Denver drafts any of the young QBs outside of Allen (who looks like a project) I'll be excited and I hope they let them play on day 1.
    I agree. I wouldnt draft Allen unless he fell to DEN in the second round. I think DEN has to take 1 of the other 4 in the 1st round, unless we donít like Rosen or Jax.

    Even with Mayfield I worry tho. Wilson and Dak werent 1st rounders.... Mayfield in second.... Sure. But he has to really impress us during the evaluation (like Wentz) to draft as a top 5 pick.

    To take a QB in the first we have to pass on 3-4 OL studs and 3-4 defensive beasts.... ergo, we canít afford to draft another QB bust.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,812
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Huh? Actually, I can do whatever I like. All I did was show 2 examples as a retort to somebody else who randomly chose 2 examples to support their argument. If you want to pay me some money for my time and research.... Iíll be happy to conduct a more thorough analysis of what i proposed.
    Major edit to my post. Yes, you can do what you want. Just recognize that doing that is a flawed way of debating your point. But as long as youíre cool with it, do what youíd like.

    However, Iíd like to simply ask, how exactly is a redshirt sophomore going back to school a red flag? No research needed. Itís your opinion that simply doesnít appear to make any sense to me.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Major edit to my post. Yes, you can do what you want. Just recognize that doing that is a flawed way of debating your point. But as long as youíre cool with it, do what youíd like.

    However, Iíd like to simply ask, how exactly is a redshirt sophomore going back to school a red flag? No research needed. Itís your opinion that simply doesnít appear to make any sense to me.
    Heís arguably the top pick in this draft... what does he have to gain going back to school? Whatís his motivation?

    DEN took Booker, who spent 6 years in school, and Bolles, who is a 26-yr-old rookie, so obviously at face value DEN doesnít mind drafting professional college athletes....

    Darnold is 20.... heíll be 21 when draft comes (only 22 if he waits another year).... staying in school doesnít mean his bust-factor increases.... it just creates red flags, IMHO.

    Last year, he had a 31:9 TD:INT ratio.... this year, Darnold regressed to a 26:12 ratio, while his completion % decreased from 67% to 63%.

    So, again, let me ask: ďwhat does he gain staying in school.Ē Is he picking up bad habits (making it harder to break down the road)? Would he stay bc he wants the easy road?

    What if stays and those numbers get worse? Again, this is why potentially there would be red flags.

    Now, this could easily be erased if he impressed me in the interview and gave the appropriate answers. Heck, even staying bc he loathes CLE isnít what bothers me most... itís the fact he may not be improving.

    This is just my opinion. Facts wonít really sway anyone to the contrary who has a different opinion, nor should it.

    I would just be worried that he wants to bask in the celebrity status at USC instead of getting acclimated to the gridiron grind.

    Iím really just too lazy to expound further. If you ask me.... Darnold is my absolute top choice. If he stays in school.... I almost would rather draft our LT, start Paxton, go 2-14 next season.... then draft Darnold again.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 12-06-2017 at 09:56 PM.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    838
    Darnold was playing with a terrible oline (even for a college powerhouse) and some new receivers this year compared to the senior heavy team of 2016. It was originally supposed to be Max Browne's team, but he was terrible and Darnold came in to light it up.

    Also, Danold threw like 9 picks over the first 6 games or something then threw only 3 for the remainder of the 2017 season. You could tell he was starting to gel with his new receivers toward the end. Especially in the championship game.

    My point being that Darnold's numbers compared to last year are deceptive because this year's team was much younger and inexperienced, yet they still went 10-2 while also snatching the Pac-12 championship.

    The dude is a stud and I hope we get a chance to draft him. Who knows. I honestly just want a new QB to get pumped up about.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindFandom88 View Post
    Darnold was playing with a terrible oline (even for a college powerhouse) and some new receivers this year compared to the senior heavy team of 2016. It was originally supposed to be Max Browne's team, but he was terrible and Darnold came in to light it up.

    Also, Danold threw like 9 picks over the first 6 games or something then threw only 3 for the remainder of the 2017 season. You could tell he was starting to gel with his new receivers toward the end. Especially in the championship game.

    My point being that Darnold's numbers compared to last year are deceptive because this year's team was much younger and inexperienced, yet they still went 10-2 while also snatching the Pac-12 championship.

    The dude is a stud and I hope we get a chance to draft him. Who knows. I honestly just want a new QB to get pumped up about.
    Good observation. I agree. Actually, best thing for DEN in the long run.... they get their LT this draft.... Darnold stays in school.... We start Pax next year and go 2-14.... then we draft Darnold.

    Heíll at least have 2 first round tackles to protect him.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindFandom88 View Post
    Darnold was playing with a terrible oline (even for a college powerhouse) and some new receivers this year compared to the senior heavy team of 2016. It was originally supposed to be Max Browne's team, but he was terrible and Darnold came in to light it up.

    Also, Danold threw like 9 picks over the first 6 games or something then threw only 3 for the remainder of the 2017 season. You could tell he was starting to gel with his new receivers toward the end. Especially in the championship game.

    My point being that Darnold's numbers compared to last year are deceptive because this year's team was much younger and inexperienced, yet they still went 10-2 while also snatching the Pac-12 championship.

    The dude is a stud and I hope we get a chance to draft him. Who knows. I honestly just want a new QB to get pumped up about.

    So he was playing with a bad line, and with receivers who dropped the ball or inexperienced? Thatís why he was bad? But heís going to do well in the NFL with a horrible line and WRs who drop the ball?

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    So he was playing with a bad line, and with receivers who dropped the ball or inexperienced? Thatís why he was bad? But heís going to do well in the NFL with a horrible line and WRs who drop the ball?
    Thatís a good point. We have the exact type of situation here. Horrible oline and WRs that drop like crazy. Granted itís not his fault wr canít catch.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    So he was playing with a bad line, and with receivers who dropped the ball or inexperienced? Thatís why he was bad? But heís going to do well in the NFL with a horrible line and WRs who drop the ball?
    That's just my opinion, dude. Don't have to get all defensive because I prefer Darnold over Mayfield.

    26 TDs, 12 picks, 64% completion, and almost 4,000 yards is bad? Yeah, it's not as good as his first year, but he still had great games. And he got better near the end. He absolutely shredded Stanford and placed balls all over the field like raindrops. It was beautiful.

    But whatever, different people have different opinions. Some just should accept that.

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindFandom88 View Post
    That's just my opinion, dude. Don't have to get all defensive because I prefer Darnold over Mayfield.

    26 TDs, 12 picks, 64% completion, and almost 4,000 yards is bad? Yeah, it's not as good as his first year, but he still had great games. And he got better near the end. He absolutely shredded Stanford and placed balls all over the field like raindrops. It was beautiful.

    But whatever, different people have different opinions. Some just should accept that.

    No, my only issue with the QB you like is. Youíre making excuses for his play based on bad oline play and lack of WRs who donít drop the ball. And you want him drafted to a team with a horrible Oline. And WRs who drop balls like crazy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •