Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Darnold was playing with a terrible oline (even for a college powerhouse) and some new receivers this year compared to the senior heavy team of 2016. It was originally supposed to be Max Browne's team, but he was terrible and Darnold came in to light it up.

Also, Danold threw like 9 picks over the first 6 games or something then threw only 3 for the remainder of the 2017 season. You could tell he was starting to gel with his new receivers toward the end. Especially in the championship game.

My point being that Darnold's numbers compared to last year are deceptive because this year's team was much younger and inexperienced, yet they still went 10-2 while also snatching the Pac-12 championship.

The dude is a stud and I hope we get a chance to draft him. Who knows. I honestly just want a new QB to get pumped up about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindFandom88 View Post
    Darnold was playing with a terrible oline (even for a college powerhouse) and some new receivers this year compared to the senior heavy team of 2016. It was originally supposed to be Max Browne's team, but he was terrible and Darnold came in to light it up.

Also, Danold threw like 9 picks over the first 6 games or something then threw only 3 for the remainder of the 2017 season. You could tell he was starting to gel with his new receivers toward the end. Especially in the championship game.

My point being that Darnold's numbers compared to last year are deceptive because this year's team was much younger and inexperienced, yet they still went 10-2 while also snatching the Pac-12 championship.

The dude is a stud and I hope we get a chance to draft him. Who knows. I honestly just want a new QB to get pumped up about.
    Good observation. I agree. Actually, best thing for DEN in the long run.... they get their LT this draft.... Darnold stays in school.... We start Pax next year and go 2-14.... then we draft Darnold.

Heíll at least have 2 first round tackles to protect him.

So he was playing with a bad line, and with receivers who dropped the ball or inexperienced? Thatís why he was bad? But heís going to do well in the NFL with a horrible line and WRs who drop the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    So he was playing with a bad line, and with receivers who dropped the ball or inexperienced? Thatís why he was bad? But heís going to do well in the NFL with a horrible line and WRs who drop the ball?
    Thatís a good point. We have the exact type of situation here. Horrible oline and WRs that drop like crazy. Granted itís not his fault wr canít catch.

That's just my opinion, dude. Don't have to get all defensive because I prefer Darnold over Mayfield.

26 TDs, 12 picks, 64% completion, and almost 4,000 yards is bad? Yeah, it's not as good as his first year, but he still had great games. And he got better near the end. He absolutely shredded Stanford and placed balls all over the field like raindrops. It was beautiful.

But whatever, different people have different opinions. Some just should accept that.

That's just my opinion, dude. Don't have to get all defensive because I prefer Darnold over Mayfield.

26 TDs, 12 picks, 64% completion, and almost 4,000 yards is bad? Yeah, it's not as good as his first year, but he still had great games. And he got better near the end. He absolutely shredded Stanford and placed balls all over the field like raindrops. It was beautiful.

But whatever, different people have different opinions. Some just should accept that.

No, my only issue with the QB you like is. Youíre making excuses for his play based on bad oline play and lack of WRs who donít drop the ball. And you want him drafted to a team with a horrible Oline. And WRs who drop balls like crazy.

No, my only issue with the QB you like is. Youíre making excuses for his play based on bad oline play and lack of WRs who donít drop the ball. And you want him drafted to a team with a horrible Oline. And WRs who drop balls like crazy.
    To be fair though, there is a good chance those same WRs wonít be on the team anymore besides Sanders ( which he doesnít really drop the ball). The oline will prob still be bad but I do expect it to improve