Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Few questions.

offfense tackles

Matt Mcglinchy is the best obvious in this draft. we would have been the best last year if he decleared. he is really good ot pro ready, almost garrenteed top ten pick.

trey adams i heard alot of people like him. i haven't seen much washington games is he good

Mathias Rankins he is a second round, he has the ability and bend to play in this league. this is a worry about him being a bit small and lacking strength.

Orlando brown is a solid day 2 tackle the fact he can't play lt at nfl level will hurt him. he will need to lost 20-30 pounds to play tackle and is a real risk. but he has really good upside as a RT and will be gone second round. also doesn't play with enough bend

there are a few other names that may move up such as that kid from west georgia who was kicked off of texas. that could show up well at all stars.

who do you guys know about or like?

any ohio state fans know anythign about jamarco jones from that school?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

We will most likely draft another QB if we are inside the top 10 and we haven't settled on a deal with a vet. RT and tackle depth in general is a need for sure! Many teams have been hampered because their tackles got hurt and didn't have sufficient depth. If Bolles gets hurt we are screwed.

Adams is going back to school after he hurt his knee last I heard. He struggled to start the year, but was showing him going back to his previous years form.

McGlinchey is good, but to me he'd be a pretty good LT, but a dominant RT at the next level.

Connor Williams might be the best pure fit at LT for the next level.

Connor Williams looks to be the consensus top OT even with his injury.

Matt Millers Top 10 OT Prospects:
    1 Connor Williams Texas
    2 Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame
    3 Orlando Brown Oklahoma
    4 Chukwuma Okorafor Western Michigan
    5 Martinas Rankin Mississippi State
    6 Mitch Hyatt Clemson
    7 Brian O'Neill Pitt
    8 Tyrell Crosby Oregon
    9 Jamarco Jones Ohio State
    10 Alex Cappa Humboldt State

Biggest Riser: Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan
    Biggest Faller: Brian O'Neill, Pitt
    Most NFL-Ready: Connor Williams, Texas
    Best Run-Blocker: Connor Williams, Texas
    Best Pass-Blocker: Connor Williams, Texas
    Best Potential: Connor Williams, Texas
    Biggest Question Mark: Alex Cappa, Humboldt State
    Biggest Sleeper: Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan

How do the draft prospects stack up to the free agents?

Would you take an ot over a preferred qb/cb/mlb in the first?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    How do the draft prospects stack up to the free agents?

Would you take an ot over a preferred qb/cb/mlb in the first?
    nate solder or jawaun james. is about all out there

and i am not sure what i think of james don't watch many miami football.

because OT is the weakest spot on our roster. we have 3 starting caliber CB we don't need 4. mlb can be addressed in the second or 3rd my 2 favorite prospects for our D will be a bit later in roquan smith being a second and jerome baker being a 3rd

we need to get our o-line built to really be a contender i am sick of it holding our QBs and offense back its been 3-4 years that the o-line has been a straight up mess.

oakland raders gm

Because of the need for Tackles in the NFL, I wouldn’t be surprised if brown was a first round pick. And picked higher than we expect. If Brown is there in the second round I would not be opposed of draft him and getting a tackle with our first. We could potentially turn Brown into a Guard or depth for when Bolles gets another bruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Because of the need for Tackles in the NFL, I wouldn’t be surprised if brown was a first round pick. And picked higher than we expect. If Brown is there in the second round I would not be opposed of draft him and getting a tackle with our first. We could potentially turn Brown into a Guard or depth for when Bolles gets another bruise.
    brown may be a guard in this league. he needs to lose weight, to be more athletic.

oakland raders gm

No way Connor Williams is the consensus #1. Even before his injury, he was getting some second day grades. McGlinchey is hands down the best tackle in the draft, but he's not as dominant as previous LT's we've seen come out. I'd like to pick him up and move Bolles to RT. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    No way Connor Williams is the consensus #1. Even before his injury, he was getting some second day grades. McGlinchey is hands down the best tackle in the draft, but he's not as dominant as previous LT's we've seen come out. I'd like to pick him up and move Bolles to RT. Or vice versa.
    All I heard was various “NFL sources” saying they didn’t like Williams because he “lacks strength”. That’s either lazy scouting or a smokescreen to try and drop his stock. He is a bit undersized but so is Bolles and Williams is a lot more polished. The arm length will be a concern though, but he can be an all star LG too.

Okorafor and Rankin would be my targets in the 2nd round assuming we don’t go after McGlinchey. Okorafor is very big and athletic, he needs a little more nasty in the run game but he can solve the pass blocking issues at RT. But he will probably rise quickly once the offseason begins. Rankin is really good in pass protection and he’s a much better run blocker than these scouting reports say. The bulldogs ran the ball pretty well against Alabama (and just about everyone) and every time I watch them they’re usually getting big gains running to Rankin’s side. He doesn’t blow his guys off the LoS but he does a great job of walling his guys off.

It's too bad Billy Turner got hurt. He was doing well at RT when he broke his hand. At that point his performance at RT looked better than anyone else's this year, but that might not be saying much. He's UFA next year, so we'll see if he gets re-signed.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    All I heard was various “NFL sources” saying they didn’t like Williams because he “lacks strength”. That’s either lazy scouting or a smokescreen to try and drop his stock. He is a bit undersized but so is Bolles and Williams is a lot more polished. The arm length will be a concern though, but he can be an all star LG too.

Okorafor and Rankin would be my targets in the 2nd round assuming we don’t go after McGlinchey. Okorafor is very big and athletic, he needs a little more nasty in the run game but he can solve the pass blocking issues at RT. But he will probably rise quickly once the offseason begins. Rankin is really good in pass protection and he’s a much better run blocker than these scouting reports say. The bulldogs ran the ball pretty well against Alabama (and just about everyone) and every time I watch them they’re usually getting big gains running to Rankin’s side. He doesn’t blow his guys off the LoS but he does a great job of walling his guys off.
    if we decide to do something other then McGlinchey in the first Rankin would be my second choice.

oakland raders gm

I'm a believer that if you don't have a franchise QB you draft one over anything else. We will see what PL has but I don't think he's the answer. We need to hit on a QB in the draft and if necessary try to trade up for the right guy.

The QB makes such a massive difference. I remember when Miami passed on Matt Ryan because they wanted Jake Long at LT. Crazy.

Plus I like Bolles, Paradis, and Leary. Garcia and Watson / DS are terrible so we have 2 big holes on the OL but I'm sure FA and the rest of the draft can fill those holes.

I will always believe that in order to win, a quality OL is the most important thing
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I'm a believer that if you don't have a franchise QB you draft one over anything else. We will see what PL has but I don't think he's the answer. We need to hit on a QB in the draft and if necessary try to trade up for the right guy.

The QB makes such a massive difference. I remember when Miami passed on Matt Ryan because they wanted Jake Long at LT. Crazy.

Plus I like Bolles, Paradis, and Leary. Garcia and Watson / DS are terrible so we have 2 big holes on the OL but I'm sure FA and the rest of the draft can fill those holes.
    We are talking offensive line prospects please stay on topic