Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In football the head coach is responsible for what happens on the field. The season isn't over, but what has already transpired is enough to cost Vance Joseph his job. How the locker room feels about him is crucial and gauging that will be an important part of the decision.

This year's staff started with all new coordinators one of whom was fired. It seemed possible that the coordinators tried to install and call too much. That is on them. There was one game (New England?) where Denver was flagged for 12 men on the field and only had 10 another time. I think it was Special Teams. That's on the coach. The offensive performance has been mired by 18 INTs and 9 FL. Some of that might have been coaching, but a lot of that was players. The D has given up 26 TD passes. Some of that is coaching, but some is players.

Much of what has gone wrong can be attributed to the new staff members, new offense, new DC and STs. Firing Vance Joseph will inevitably result in a new staff again, so it may be reasonably assumed that many of the same errors could be repeated. It isn't an easy decision, but John Elway will make it. Of course, there are plenty who want to see him fired, too. When things go wrong, many feel the solution is to start firing people. Some teams have unsuccessfully tried that. We shall see.
    I can't remember the last time we didn't burn a timeout or get penalized for having the wrong number of guys on the field

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    VJ will be back 1 more year. Elway has too much pride to admit he made a mistake. Firing his hand picked coach after 1 season will do so much damage to his Reputation. One that is quickly Deteriorating. I expect major changes with the assistant coaches and front office staff.
    I called it way back
    Last edited by munoz1987; 01-01-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Elway & Joseph think they can match Cleveland's 0-16 record next season and get the #1 draft choice next season!!! They maybe even find another QB or two they can ruin too! GO Boys!!!))
    Last edited by Kansas Bob; 01-01-2018 at 11:09 AM.

I called it way back
    Except he was ready to fire him and was talked out of it by Kubiak and some players. That's pretty contradictory to your stance that he wouldn't because of his ego.

I called it way back
    many of us didn't think he would be fired this season. 1 season with no QB or Oline is no way to evaluate a coach's ability.

CP bet with Freyeka that CJ Anderson is traded during the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Except he was ready to fire him and was talked out of it by Kubiak and some players. That's pretty contradictory to your stance that he wouldn't because of his ego.
    Nobody truly knows that Elway was talked out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Nobody truly knows that Elway was talked out of it.
    There are plenty of reports from people like Lombardi, Renck, ect... saying exactly what Butler is quoting. Elway was talked out of firing VJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    There are plenty of reports from people like Lombardi, Renck, ect... saying exactly what Butler is quoting. Elway was talked out of firing VJ.
    If that doesn't light a fire under VJ's ass I don't know what will. Let's see how he handles the pressure of being on the hot-seat. The greats usually elevate their game under pressure...while others fall victim to it. I'm still guessing he will fall under the latter.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yeah, "reports".

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Yeah, "reports".
    And if there are "reports" coming from many different sources. Where there is smoke, there is fire. You don't get this many people reporting on it if it's false info.

Considering Elway's history on how he chased Vance pretty sure it did not take much to convince him to keep VJ. Players...what they say should not really matter. What they do on game days is far more important and that is where they should make their case for the coach.

If what players said and thought mattered that much the Giants probably would have fired Coughlin before he won a Super Bowl.