Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    We have such a spoiled fanbase. Our fanbase can’t hanfle a rare losing season apparently.

We’re taking our bumps with a first time head coach. What do you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by jc13 View Post
    We have such a spoiled fanbase. Our fanbase can’t hanfle a rare losing season apparently.

Probably for that new head coach not to make Josh McDaniels look like Vince Lombardi. We can handle losing, but getting embarrassed every week for 8 straight weeks is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    Probably for that new head coach not to make Josh McDaniels look like Vince Lombardi. We can handle losing, but getting embarrassed every week for 8 straight weeks is unacceptable.
    Yup, even Elway said he's embarrassed with this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    Make no mistake, Josh McDaniels was worse than Vance Joseph. I think time has healed some wounds here, but I vividly remember just how horrible McDaniels was. VJ has some integrity and seems to be of good character-- just a guy that bit off more than he could chew. McDaniels on the the other hand, he was a cheater, disliked and we could not get him out of here fast enough. McDaniels damage was so bad he left a vacuum in the organization.

Adopted Mod: Best Mod Ever: EddieMac
    Adopted New Person: Peapod
    Adopted Video: WatercoolerJam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozu5KdXhL0

To not be the laughingstock of the NFL? Why should losing 8 in a row be acceptable? Is it "spoiled" to want to win? Go to any thread for any other team, were mentioned right there with the Browns and 49ers.

Maybe someone with your tolerance should be a Browns fan?

Adopted Mod: Best Mod Ever: EddieMac
    Adopted New Person: Peapod
    Adopted Video: WatercoolerJam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozu5KdXhL0

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Make no mistake, Josh McDaniels was worse than Vance Joseph. I think time has healed some wounds here, but I vividly remember just how horrible McDaniels was. VJ has some integrity and seems to be of good character-- just a guy that bit off more than he could chew. McDaniels on the the other hand, he was a cheater, disliked and we could not get him out of here fast enough. McDaniels damage was so bad he left a vacuum in the organization.
    I disagree, Joseph is every bit as bad as McDaniels and then some. Both started strong and then completely lost the team. At least McDaniels beat the patriots. To be clear, I hated McDaniels but on the integrity front, which one of the above has multiple sexual assault allegations?

This team is not easy to coach. I think the difference between Fox and Kubes showed how much good coaching can change things.

With that said I have seen absolutely NOTHING from hiring until today that tells me VJ can lead a team to a winning season much less a Championship.

Maybe there is an answer in different coaching staff. No one outside the Broncos organization knows this except maybe the people who truly know VJ and the kind of person he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    I think VJ is here one more year, if not, no coach is going to want to come here. They won't trust Elway enough to give them a fair chance, with the players that he has drafted. Bill would have a hard time winning with recievers that drop the ball on third downs, QB's that throw pick 6's, a o-line that can't block a high school football team and LB's that can't cover a bed with a blanket. The punt returners can barely catch the ball and when they do they fumble. This roster, if you really look at it is 8-8 with Great Coaching at best.
    That's a pretty bold statement to say that no coach would want to come, considering the 49ers the last 2 years fired their coach after 1 year (Tomsula and Chip Kelly). Even after firing a coach after 1 year in back to back years they still landed Shanahan, who was possibly the most sought after coach last year.

So will Elway give VJ two more years to prove he sucks beyond all reasonable doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1r2 View Post
    So will Elway give VJ two more years to prove he sucks beyond all reasonable doubt
    Maybe he wants three chances to find the next Von Miller while he picks in top ten three years in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1r2 View Post
    As big as a man-crush as Elway has had for this guy I think he gives him another season to prove himself.

But I wouldn't be mad if he canned him after this season and bumped Musgrave up to HC.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I think it may depend on how we finish the season. He don't have to win, but he does need to start showing some improvement..The question is: Who do we get to replace him with?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Massive changes coming in January. Most of the coaching staff will be let go including VJ. Alot of vets will be released or traded as well.

Or they could do it the Monday after the regular season ends!

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    This team is not easy to coach. I think the difference between Fox and Kubes showed how much good coaching can change things.

With that said I have seen absolutely NOTHING from hiring until today that tells me VJ can lead a team to a winning season much less a Championship.

Maybe there is an answer in different coaching staff. No one outside the Broncos organization knows this except maybe the people who truly know VJ and the kind of person he is.
    In football the head coach is responsible for what happens on the field. The season isn't over, but what has already transpired is enough to cost Vance Joseph his job. How the locker room feels about him is crucial and gauging that will be an important part of the decision.

This year's staff started with all new coordinators one of whom was fired. It seemed possible that the coordinators tried to install and call too much. That is on them. There was one game (New England?) where Denver was flagged for 12 men on the field and only had 10 another time. I think it was Special Teams. That's on the coach. The offensive performance has been mired by 18 INTs and 9 FL. Some of that might have been coaching, but a lot of that was players. The D has given up 26 TD passes. Some of that is coaching, but some is players.

Much of what has gone wrong can be attributed to the new staff members, new offense, new DC and STs. Firing Vance Joseph will inevitably result in a new staff again, so it may be reasonably assumed that many of the same errors could be repeated. It isn't an easy decision, but John Elway will make it. Of course, there are plenty who want to see him fired, too. When things go wrong, many feel the solution is to start firing people. Some teams have unsuccessfully tried that. We shall see.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus