Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    It is going to take one of Pat Bowlen's heirs to become Owner/Managing partner to re-instill the spirit of winning and accountability that is now absent.

Elway just bet the farm on a Noob coach with 5-career wins and fired all the loyal staff from the Super Bowl era.

Seems like Elway is back to lining up under Guard again.
    None of Bowlen's heirs seem capable of owning the team, nor instilling the winning spirit. I think it's more likely the team is eventually sold, which the three trustees have the right to do.

If you're going to bet the farm on someone they should have their people doing the jobs, sink or swim with their own decisions. And the two who were here the longest work the two positions that never really developed a lot of players. Tolbert developed Decker and Thomas, but they've never had a third receiver that they developed. And the RBs have always been mediocre under Studdesville, not sure how he lasted as long as he did, except for the fact that he's apparently a stand up guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    For us to be a dominant and elite team consistently for 15 years like the Patriots and Steelers? I'm not talking about 3-5 years of it here and there. A good solid run of 15 years of dominance.

We have a young team that could do it with the right coaching. What needs to happen?
    It all comes back to proper coaching. Leader ship starts at the top and Joseph has none. Kubick was not loaded with it either. Then we fire out experienced DC and OC and bring in inferior people like McCoy and a first year DC to replace them. McCoy trashed San Diego for several years so bring him back here and let him ruin us!
    When we move up to draft a QB as our #1 draft choice, a good OC builds his game plan to the QB's strength, not expect him to change what made him good in college by changing everything he does to match the OC's game plans.
    When we see our specBial team play go way down, we don't keep putting a punt returner back there that has already lost six fumbles! But our special team coach does!
    When you have OL that aren't very adapt to man to man blocking, you may want to try a zone blocking scheme! Our line coach sticks with HIS desired methods rather than change anything!
    We need a QB alright but we need MUCH better coaching.changes and promote coach Joseph to a tackling dummy holder!
    I hope Mr Elway reads this too but I know he probably won't.

What i was expecting VJ to do, was to get Siemian og any of the others to play reasonably good. I never said “second coming of PM”. As a group they ranked 31st in the league this year. That is selfcombusting. Siemian without VJ last year looked quite a lot better.

And sure - the draft is a crapshoot, but with 6 quite high picks we should expect 2-3 starters from that group. It does happen that rookies work out you know ;-)

The answer is EASY. What you need for 10 years of dominance is a Quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    The answer may be easy, getting the 10 yr dominate QB is hard to find and just about impossible without GOOD COACHING! The is what we don't have!
    Please don't let the Joseph touch ruin any more young QB prospect!
    Last edited by Kansas Bob; 01-05-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Exactly.. Stafford, Luck, and Eli are good quarterbacks.. without a good coach their talents are being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop_Block View Post
    Even then it's not a guarantee, the Saints have probably the 2nd best QB/Coach combo in the NFL, yet this is the first time in 4 years they've made the playoffs.

It takes a good coach, a good QB, at least an average defense and o-line, and some luck

An Outsider's Point Of View

I try not to get involved in these matters, since I'm not a fan. However this is what I see, in my limited watching:

Off-Season Moves
    -------------------------
    This is the biggest weakness. After Manning retired, key FAs stopped wanting to come here, so Elway has signed lesser FAs, and most of them have been mediocre at best. The simple inescapeable truth is that Manning came here to be near Elway. TEN made him a better offer, including a role in the FO, but Peyton wanted to play for Elway (The true GOAT). Ware and Sanders came here to play with Manning & once he retired, DEN's pipeline to key FAs has dried up for a number of reasons.

Elway has done well as GM, but he can't draft worth spit. Whomever is doing the evaluating needs to be fired/shot. 2 Pro Bowl players were drafted in his 1st draft but none since, and in that 1st round were an abundance of Pro Bowl players, so he couldn't have busted there. Since then the draft has not been kind to him or the city of DEN

QB Play
    --------------

Siemian won 8 games last year but only 5 this year. Brock won 13 games in the two seasons prior two this, so why did both QBs regress this year? My best guess is that the OT were so poor that any time they got hit, they got rattled and started making HORRIBLE decisions, which cost them any shot at winning. Also Paxton is another BUST by Elway

OL
    -------------
    I already addressed the tackles, but I think the OG did a fair job considering that CJ had his best season, despite the limited # of carries.

Running Game
    -----------------------
    Can someone tell me why DEN drafted and kept a FB, when they don't use him enough? Why wasn't Jamaal Charles used more? He averaged 5+ YPC and only lost 1 fumble. That seems like another weapon that wasn't utilized properly

Tight Ends
    -----------------
    You would think that Elway of all people would know how important this position is, since he doesn't win without Shannon Sharpe, but since Julius Thomas left, the QBs haven't thrown to them. Why?

WRs
    ---------

I understand why Sanders hasn't been performing lately, he's not used to mediocre QBs, but what is DT's excuse? He had a good game with Orton, and he played well with Tebow, so why can't he play with these QBs? When the ball is coming, jump, dive, do anything that that's humanly possible to catch it. Can someone explain to me why Latimer gets more playing time than Sunshine? He seems like YET ANOTHER underutilized weapon

STs
    -----------

This seems like arguably DEN's biggest weakness, and it shouldn't be. If you're a returner, run when you have blockers and don't otherwise. And why is fumbling such a big issue with these guys? You're taught when your young how to properly catch a football, and you work on it in practice. So why can't they do it in a game? Punters, here's a clue for you. Catch the ball and kick it. If you're playing field position, kick it out of bounds near the 20 or further back. If you don't have field position, kick it hard & don't outkick your coverage team. FG kickers, kick it over the bar and between the two pointy things, simple as that

Defense
    -----------------
    Wrap up properly, when you're trying to tackle. Also you should study the scouting sheet, if a runner is a power runner, don't expect a cutback, just hit him properly. If he's a speed runner, play your lanes and wrap him up. DL hit everyone hard on every play, make them think twice and cringe every time they see you coming. DBs, jam the receivers at the LOS & play the ball, not the man. You want motivation to play hard, how about the MILLIONS that we wish that you had?

Play-Calling
    -----------------

Establish the run 1st. I know that it's a passing league, but you need TOP to rest the defense and wear the other team out. It also sets up play-action and other passes. Whatever's working, keep it up, but don't become too predictable

Coaching
    ------------------
    Play the best players, and play to their strengths

That's all for me, sorry if I rambled too much
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 01-07-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    After Manning retired, key FAs stopped wanting to come here, so Elway has signed lesser FAs, and most of them have been mediocre at best.
    Who did Elway try and sign and fail besides Calais Campbell?

Are you sure this perception of free agents after Manning Retired is not due to the fact that we had a lot of guys we had to keep right after Manning Retired?

Von Miller
    CJ Anderson
    Bennie Fowler
    Matt Paradis

We did make mistakes but got the guys we targeted in

Donald Stephenson - no idea why we kept for 2017
    Russell Okung
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

I try not to get involved in these matters, since I'm not a fan. However this is what I see, in my limited watching:

Off-Season Moves
    This is the biggest weakness. After Manning retired, key FAs stopped wanting to come here, so Elway has signed lesser FAs, and most of them have been mediocre at best. The simple inescapeable truth is that Manning came here to be near Elway. TEN made him a better offer, including a role in the FO, but Peyton wanted to play for Elway (The true GOAT). Ware and Sanders came here to play with Manning & once he retired, DEN's pipeline to key FAs has dried up for a number of reasons.

Elway has done well as GM, but he can't draft worth spit. Whomever is doing the evaluating needs to be fired/shot. 2 Pro Bowl players were drafted in his 1st draft but none since, and in that 1st round were an abundance of Pro Bowl players, so he couldn't have busted there. Since then the draft has not been kind to him or the city of DEN

QB Play
    --------------

Siemian won 8 games last year but only 5 this year. Brock won 13 games in the two seasons prior two this, so why did both QBs regress this year? My best guess is that the OT were so poor that any time they got hit, they got rattled and started making HORRIBLE decisions, which cost them any shot at winning. Also Paxton is another BUST by Elway

OL
    -------------
    I already addressed the tackles, but I think the OG did a fair job considering that CJ had his best season, despite the limited # of carries.

Running Game
    -----------------------
    Can someone tell me why DEN drafted and kept a FB, when they don't use him enough? Why wasn't Jamaal Charles used more? He averaged 5+ YPC and only lost 1 fumble. That seems like another weapon that wasn't utilized properly

Tight Ends
    -----------------
    You would think that Elway of all people would know how important this position is, since he doesn't win without Shannon Sharpe, but since Julius Thomas left, the QBs haven't thrown to them. Why?

WRs
    ---------

I understand why Sanders hasn't been performing lately, he's not used to mediocre QBs, but what is DT's excuse? He had a good game with Orton, and he played well with Tebow, so why can't he play with these QBs? When the ball is coming, jump, dive, do anything that that's humanly possible to catch it. Can someone explain to me why Latimer gets more playing time than Sunshine? He seems like YET ANOTHER underutilized weapon

STs
    -----------

This seems like arguably DEN's biggest weakness, and it shouldn't be. If you're a returner, run when you have blockers and don't otherwise. And why is fumbling such a big issue with these guys? You're taught when your young how to properly catch a football, and you work on it in practice. So why can't they do it in a game? Punters, here's a clue for you. Catch the ball and kick it. If you're playing field position, kick it out of bounds near the 20 or further back. If you don't have field position, kick it hard & don't outkick your coverage team. FG kickers, kick it over the bar and between the two pointy things, simple as that

Defense
    -----------------
    Wrap up properly, when you're trying to tackle. Also you should study the scouting sheet, if a runner is a power runner, don't expect a cutback, just hit him properly. If he's a speed runner, play your lanes and wrap him up. DL hit everyone hard on every play, make them think twice and cringe every time they see you coming. DBs, jam the receivers at the LOS & play the ball, not the man. You want motivation to play hard, how about the MILLIONS that we wish that you had?

Play-Calling
    -----------------

Establish the run 1st. I know that it's a passing league, but you need TOP to rest the defense and wear the other team out. It also sets up play-action and other passes. Whatever's working, keep it up, but don't become too predictable

Coaching
    ------------------

This looks like a cut and paste article......
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    This looks like a cut and paste article......
    Are you suggesting notes and bibliography?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Off-Season Moves

QB Play
    --------------

OL
    -------------

Running Game
    -----------------------

Tight Ends
    -----------------

WRs
    ---------

STs
    -----------

Defense
    -----------------

Play-Calling
    -----------------

Coaching
    ------------------

I think that you're pretty accurate with most of your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Are you suggesting notes and bibliography?
    Hahha. In APA format and full credits to the author...

I don’t miss university now that all the terms just came up...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Off-Season Moves

QB Play
    --------------

OL
    -------------

Running Game
    -----------------------

Tight Ends
    -----------------

WRs
    ---------

STs
    -----------

Defense
    -----------------

Play-Calling
    -----------------

Coaching
    ------------------

Well thought out & I would like Elway & Kubiak to sit the coach down and get answers to these questions. I mean other than a set of horrible QB's this team could have won the division so we are not that far off. And I would add who the hell decided Sloter didn't deserve a spot?? Minn who is in the playoffs have kept him on the roster as the 2nd QB why???
    Bronco Bob