Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Philip Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Thank you J! It just makes sense, if he was to go anywhere. I watch that team and I see a load of talent. When James returns they can match a lot of teams for O and D prowess. Imagine a good Tom Brady with that talent?!

But this is much speculation on my part.

But if you look at their season, a measly 4 and 7, they have not lost a game by more than a TD, and 3 of them were within 3 points. Brady, for example, might have won a few of those. Similar situation here....a number of close losses, that could have been won.

Anyway, if you are hearing that from your locale, it makes even more sense to me.
    You'd have to turn back the clock for that. And you'd have to match the talent they have and the offense to what his skills are. Brady has never been a great down field thrower. His bread and butter plays are 5-7 yard choice routes (slot runs route based fully on what the defense does pre and post snap) and 15 yard seam/dig routes to the TE.

Brady should (and I think will) retire after this season if the Patriots don't re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Thank you J! It just makes sense, if he was to go anywhere. I watch that team and I see a load of talent. When James returns they can match a lot of teams for O and D prowess. Imagine a good Tom Brady with that talent?!

But this is much speculation on my part.

But if you look at their season, a measly 4 and 7, they have not lost a game by more than a TD, and 3 of them were within 3 points. Brady, for example, might have won a few of those. Similar situation here....a number of close losses, that could have been won.

Anyway, if you are hearing that from your locale, it makes even more sense to me.
    The other thing thatís going on with him is that heís really pissy. Heís been sour all season and it shows. He is angry that they cut AB, and that his offense sucks. And heís not taking as much responsibility for it like he normally does.

Heís refusing to work with the rookie WRs, calls them out in pressers and is generally out of sorts. His last presser after the win over the Eagles was pretty horrible.

The Boston sports media is irritated with him and is not giving him a pass for his piss poor attitude.

They donít really understand why heís so pissed since theyíre 9-1, are on pace to have the #1 seed and will most likely secure home field advantage. Theyíre telling him to just shut up and play since whatever heís upset about hasnít impacted their standing, including not having AB.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    The other thing thatís going on with him is that heís really pissy. Heís been sour all season and it shows. He is angry that they cut AB, and that his offense sucks. And heís not taking as much responsibility for it like he normally does.

Heís refusing to work with the rookie WRs, calls them out in pressers and is generally out of sorts. His last presser after the win over the Eagles was pretty horrible.

The Boston sports media is irritated with him and is not giving him a pass for his piss poor attitude.

They donít really understand why heís so pissed since theyíre 9-1, are on pace to have the #1 seed and will most likely secure home field advantage. Theyíre telling him to just shut up and play since whatever heís upset about hasnít impacted their standing, including not having AB.
    Thx for the insight J. It's always nice to learn what's being said in other media locales. Inside info so to speak.

He does seem grumpy. And yeah, 9 and 1 and you got the world at your fingertips???? Sure, he's no doubt a perfectionist, but cmon dude, show a bit of empathy for the rest of the world. But this underlies the message I have offered....that he seems on the edge of making a change in his life.

Well, the odds are against my potential landing spot, but if he does become a Charger, you and I were in the early stage of it happening.