Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians

Bruce Arians

Just read an article that Arians and the Cards have agreed to part ways after the season. If this is true and Elway doesnít at least court him then Elway should fire himself. If Arians is available you fire Joseph ASAP and bring this guy on. Give him whatever money he wants.

Arians as HC
    Vic Fangio as DC

Then get a QB, RT, and new LBs and we are Super Bowl bound as early as next year. Especially if that QB is Kirk Cousins, could you imagine?

Itís so blatantly obvious what Elway needs to do. If Arians and Fangio become available this is such a no brainer. Then let Arians hand pick his QB.

Come on Elway, make this happen!

Definitely get him. He knows how to handle players much better than Vance Joseph. If rumors are true, if we don't come out competitive against the Chiefs next week, VJ could get the axe.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Weíd have to fix the oline if we get him. His love for the deep pass will kill any QB we put back there.

I donít get how teams can good coaches becuase of injuries to the players.

I'm 100% down for Bruce Arians. I wouldn't replace Joe Woods though, I think a lot of their regression this season has been due to the offense not allowing them to get off the field.

Are you allowed to reach out to other HC prospects while you have one under contract or is there a rule that you have to fire the current guy first?

With a rookie as DC, ST and HC, there were bound to be some growing pains. To give up on them now after only one season, would be a mistake. For one, new coaches would not want to come to Denver. That is to much pressure on a coach (Succeed your first year or hit the road). I like Arians as a HC but can't cut bait after just one season. on our current staff. ST started to do okay after benching McKenzie. Woods is still a promising DC and the jury is still out on VJ. Belicheck did not do so well in his first few years as HC either.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    With a rookie as DC, ST and HC, there were bound to be some growing pains. To give up on them now after only one season, would be a mistake. For one, new coaches would not want to come to Denver. That is to much pressure on a coach (Succeed your first year or hit the road). I like Arians as a HC but can't cut bait after just one season. on our current staff. ST started to do okay after benching McKenzie. Woods is still a promising DC and the jury is still out on VJ. Belicheck did not do so well in his first few years as HC either.
    Growing pains shouldnít mean keeping the same roster and going from 9-7, missing out on the playoffs by a couple of close losses to being blown out by 20+ points 4 times and beaten by double digits 8 times.

I think this is Fake News.

In what way would it be a mistake to fire this current coaching staff ? I could understand keeping them around for another season if there was some sort of improvement being shown, or some sort of promise being displayed, but there isn't. I can't fathom going into this off-season with this current group of coaches at the helm, they haven't earned it and in my opinion it would send a message to the players that mediocrity is acceptable. I also think Vance Joseph has lost all credibility amongst the playing group and must be replaced.

On the point that no coach will want to come here because they will feel like they will be replaced within the year, I don't feel this is a problem at all. The title of being a head coach in the NFL, and the pay rise will be enough to lure most candidates. I see the biggest problem in luring a head coach being the fact we don't have any quarterback in place. If I am a hot coaching candidate I am not taking my first job with a team that has nothing at quarterback because odds are in the near future I will be looking for a new job again.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Just read an article that Arians and the Cards have agreed to part ways after the season. If this is true and Elway doesnít at least court him then Elway should fire himself. If Arians is available you fire Joseph ASAP and bring this guy on. Give him whatever money he wants.

Arians as HC
    Vic Fangio as DC

Then get a QB, RT, and new LBs and we are Super Bowl bound as early as next year. Especially if that QB is Kirk Cousins, could you imagine?

Itís so blatantly obvious what Elway needs to do. If Arians and Fangio become available this is such a no brainer. Then let Arians hand pick his QB.

Come on Elway, make this happen!
    Regarding Vic Fangio, I believe you can only interview him if it's a higher position, i.e. HC, not for the same position, unless he's out of a job.

I'd love Arians, but heard this isn't true.

I will never understand why this type of rumor even exists. All it does is make the subject of the story mad and force him to waste time answering fictional questions. Bruce Arians was quick to call it "fake news" for a reason.

The word Iíve been hearing on Arians is that if he leaves, itís to retire and not just ďpart waysĒ. He had some serious health issues and my want to actually enjoy his ďgolden yearsĒ. Thatís what I heard going into Sundayís games

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Regarding Vic Fangio, I believe you can only interview him if it's a higher position, i.e. HC, not for the same position, unless he's out of a job.

I'd love Arians, but heard this isn't true.
    Fox is gonna get fired in Chicago, which means his staff is probably gone too. Making Fangio available.

With a rookie as DC, ST and HC, there were bound to be some growing pains.
    Why? Hand over pretty much the same car to another competent driver and performance should be in the same ballpark. Here the wheels have come off!

To give up on them now after only one season, would be a mistake. For one, new coaches would not want to come to Denver. That is to much pressure on a coach (Succeed your first year or hit the road).
    Yes, they are professionals and understand the tough demands to deliver at this level. If firings for underperformance scares them off then good riddance. We donít want coaches who need 3 years to maybe win the division once again.

ST started to do okay after benching McKenzie.
    Itís doing okay? So not fumbling every punt is now ok performance?

Woods is still a promising DC
    How? Name one stat he improved in the teamís defense. Didnít we regress in almost everything? How is that promising?

and the jury is still out on VJ. Belicheck did not do so well in his first few years as HC either.
    Iím not even gonna respond cuz you used VJ and Belichik not just in the same sentence but only separated by a dot; they are miles apart.

The public has long decided; since Elway is judge jury and executioner the decision is still sealed. Letís see how long he can justify declining attendance and loss of interest in the fan base.