Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The way I see this going is
    1. Lose to chiefs get top a 5 pick and well make a run at a QB in the draft.
    2. Beat the chiefs and pick 9-12, priced out of the QBs in the draft and we will go hard at Cousins.

I hope we lose to the chiefs and draft Rosen or Mayfield.

If Denver wins they will have totally screwed themselves out of a top 5 pick. I can see this happening as Denver will win when a win is not needed and they lose when a loss is not needed so with the way this year has been aka a total disaster I can somehow see Denver wining this game. UGH !

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    The way I see this going is
    1. Lose to chiefs get top a 5 pick and we’ll make a run at a QB in the draft.
    2. Beat the chiefs and pick 9-12, priced out of the QB’s in the draft and we will go hard at Cousins.

I hope we lose to the chiefs and draft Rosen or Mayfield.
    I agree with your logic to some degree.....then again, 9-12 still means a QB might be in play, possibly Mayfield, possibly Allen. But if not one of the top QBs in the draft, I am quite sure Elway goes hard for Cousins or another top QB available. Hey, I wouldn't even rule out Bridgewater or someone comparable, to take care of biz until the rookie QB gets his feet wet.

So a win against a weaker KC team may not be so bad.....but too late for me, and against a less talented team than we should be playing. It happens that way. It's week 17.

I started a thread a while back about the weaker schedule ahead, and if we win on Sunday, that's 3 wins against less than stellar opponents. What's it tell us? That we are not the worst team.....that we have some decent components.....that we need a lift on O to get the ship back on course. None of this is new news.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I agree with your logic to some degree.....then again, 9-12 still means a QB might be in play, possibly Mayfield, possibly Allen. But if not one of the top QBs in the draft, I am quite sure Elway goes hard for Cousins or another top QB available. Hey, I wouldn't even rule out Bridgewater or someone comparable, to take care of biz until the rookie QB gets his feet wet.

So a win against a weaker KC team may not be so bad.....but too late for me, and against a less talented team than we should be playing. It happens that way. It's week 17.

I started a thread a while back about the weaker schedule ahead, and if we win on Sunday, that's 3 wins against less than stellar opponents. What's it tell us? That we are not the worst team.....that we have some decent components.....that we need a lift on O to get the ship back on course. None of this is new news.
    If we draft a QB he needs to play day 1. Darnold and Rosen are capable of that. Cousins is a good QB but hes going to get close to $30m per year.
    Best case scenario is the browns sign cousins and we lose to the chiefs and trade up from 5 to 1 and select Darnold.

If we draft a QB he needs to play day 1. Darnold and Rosen are capable of that. Cousins is a good QB but he’s going to get close to $30m per year.
    Best case scenario is the browns sign cousins and we lose to the chiefs and trade up from 5 to 1 and select Darnold.
    Some pretty serious variables at play. Does Cousins go elsewhere (or anywhere else)? Do we draft around 5 or maybe past 10? One has to remember, moving up a handful of spots in the top 5 to 10 costs a load in draft capital! So if we win Sunday, and things go wrong for us that day from a draft perspective, we might be too far from the top picks to want to risk so much in return. On the other hand....if a QB is available that we see as our franchise star....high risk could equate to high return.

Again....if only Kevin Costner could be our GM, and draft us immediately into contention!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Some pretty serious variables at play. Does Cousins go elsewhere (or anywhere else)? Do we draft around 5 or maybe past 10? One has to remember, moving up a handful of spots in the top 5 to 10 costs a load in draft capital! So if we win Sunday, and things go wrong for us that day from a draft perspective, we might be too far from the top picks to want to risk so much in return. On the other hand....if a QB is available that we see as our franchise star....high risk could equate to high return.

Again....if only Kevin Costner could be our GM, and draft us immediately into contention!!!

Haha indeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I think the best situation out of this would be for Paxton Lynch to play very good throughout the whole game, Defense shows that we can compete still with an Offense that has been on fires the past five weeks.....Then late in the 4th Quarter, have VJ mismanage the game which causes us to lose because of his ineptitude as an NFL HC. As a result, VJ is fired, Lynch shows promise(since we still have him under contract for a couple more years) and we get a better draft pick. WIN WIN WIN situation.
    Can't argue with this.

What will actually happen though is probably Lynch sucks then Brock comes off the bench and wins the game against substandard competition; worse pick, VJ stays, Lynch still sucks.
    Go Broncos, eh

Quote Originally Posted by O.C. refill View Post
    Can't argue with this.

What will actually happen though is probably Lynch sucks then Brock comes off the bench and wins the game against substandard competition; worse pick, VJ stays, Lynch still sucks.
    I love your optimism.

Honestly, I can totally see this happening.

Not necessarily. If we pick 5 we can easily get to 2. Hell, we could get to 1 if we really wanted. Just depends on how highly Elway views Darnold and Rosen. If Elway truly believes that one of those is a franchise player than Id be fine giving up our 1st this year , 2nd and 3rd next year and who knows, maybe Shane Ray. We absolutely need a QB above all else otherwise its going to be Groundhog Day again come early September 2018.

OL can easily be fixed in the offeseason. We need 2 starters realistically.
    There is recent history that will be used for us to draw up a trade to get some of the top picks needed to pick a qb. In addition I think with the recent success of guys like Goff and Wentz other teams will be wanting to trade up so the competition may be more then usual.

I expect a move into the top 2 picks would cost more then we think even if we manage to lose and get a top 5 pick. The bears gave up the 67th, 111th and 3rd in 2018 to move up one spot and get a qb. I think the cost will be higher this year.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by bfallona View Post
    Agreed i would love to have Paxton play well enough to have some team trade to "fix him" and yet not win - very tricky as right now we are at #6. TB is not going to win,but the Texans, Colts & Giants "could win" So we move up to 3 or 4 pick. Dilly Dilly. Come on VJ you can do this.
    No way we can get 3. Once we beat Indy that ship sailed.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2017/REG

Do not know anything about draft tiebreakers but is it even possible to move past Hou and TB if they win?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    There is recent history that will be used for us to draw up a trade to get some of the top picks needed to pick a qb. In addition I think with the recent success of guys like Goff and Wentz other teams will be wanting to trade up so the competition may be more then usual.

I expect a move into the top 2 picks would cost more then we think even if we manage to lose and get a top 5 pick. The bears gave up the 67th, 111th and 3rd in 2018 to move up one spot and get a qb. I think the cost will be higher this year.
    I guess it depends how highly we value Darnold and Rosen. If hes going to be our franchise guy for the next 15 years then It would be worth giving up all that and maybe even a player?
    Last edited by BroncoPower; 12-28-2017 at 03:28 PM.

I guess it depends how highly we value Darnold and Rosen. If he’s going to be our franchise guy for the next 15 years then It would be worth giving up all that and maybe even a player?
    yea I do not know anything about the college kids so I am not going to make any case.

I am pretty sure someone will want them badly and it will cost some serious draft picks to get one tho. The qb is greatly valued in the NFL right now.

Actually if it were up to me I would chase making the OL better depending on what paths were available.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I love your optimism.

Honestly, I can totally see this happening.
    I wish I were in a more optimistic mood about the Broncos this year but that's about where it's at.
    Go Broncos, eh

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    yea I do not know anything about the college kids so I am not going to make any case.

I am pretty sure someone will want them badly and it will cost some serious draft picks to get one tho. The qb is greatly valued in the NFL right now.

Actually if it were up to me I would chase making the OL better depending on what paths were available.
    Agreed on the Oline. Im just of the opinion that we need someone who can pass the football, make good decisions and be our franchise guy first. I know we need to protect the QB but I watched time and time again this year where our QBs had time and squandered opportunities.

We really need a QB!!!!!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Bears are actually a better team than us in many ways, they have a franchise QB that is showing progression and much more cap space to find players to help Trubisky.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!