• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elway
    Master of Game Day!
    • Jun 2003

Official Game Day Thread: 2017: Week 17 Chiefs vs Broncos

Well here we are week 17. Congrats if you made it this far.

I'm happy/sad about this game. Happy our miserable season is coming to an end, it has been very hard ot deal with week after week. Sad because our season has come to an end. No more Broncos game, no post season, no anything but complaints and conjectures about where we go next and who do we go after. Who do we keep and who do we unload? Plus second guessing on each and every move we make during that time. What fun.

So at this point it seems like Vance will be back, Free agency and the draft will be crucial at this point for who we are next season. If Elway wants a Legacy, this is chance, after falling far and fast in two seasons, how do we get off the mat. You can't just throw money at the problem, it has to be in the right areas.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas / Holiday and will have a good New Year as well.

Welcome to the Back up bowl: We end our season vs the Chiefs lite. No Alex Smith but still a Chiefs team that will want a win and see what they have in their back up QB. Lynch will start us off, most Bronco fans know what we have in our QBS, so best of luck to all 3 in the off season. Chiefs look poised to be a contender to exit the post season early, but at least they made it. They have playmakers in Hill and Hunt and can do major damage when their game is on. KC will let Mahomes play, he can throw a nice deep ball, but facing the No Fly Zone may not be the way to start him off.

Game plan may be very Vanilla for Lynch, keep it simple and see if he can deliver. Cans he read a Defense, can he step up in the pocket, can he make the needed throws? Not that this one game will define him, but it gives him a chance to shine if he can. CJ may have a big load, he has been the workhorse of late, and seems he can handle the load.

Defense is still strong at now allowing yards, but as mentioned last week they are near the bottom half of the league in sacks and turnovers. We have so may strong players their, it is boggling at some of the play. To some the hi-lite of the season was Talib going after Crabtree. Hope they come out strong and make life miserable for KC. Play hard, play smart, and avoid dumb penalties.

In regards to the offense.... um there's a lot to work on in the offseason. Dt didn't have a TD for the first half of the season. Sanders faded in the second half. Charles wasn't that big of a signing. The O-line still needs some work in pass protection. Doesn't matter who the QB is , if they can't get time to pass the ball.

Some of us want the Win tomorrow, others want the drat position. Myself, I want to see the team play with some heart and effort. So how do we wrap up the season. We have went 6 -4 in the last decade. Of the 6 wins, 5 were at home, 1 on the road. Of the 4 losses 3 were at home, 1 on the road. In fact we have ended the last 5 seasons with a win.

Win or lose tomorrow. Please follow the COC, we made it this far, lets finish the regular season and make it as easy as we can for the hard working mods. Thank you for hanging in there with the board this year, and hopefully next season is one redemption. It's playoff time, so root against whomever. We'll be back at some point, but until than.... and as always... GO BRONCOS
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!
  • AZ Snake Fan
    earthling
    • May 2004

Thank you Elway for your last Official Game Day Thread this year. :thumb:
    Yes, sad it's our last one for 2017.
    Here's to 2018
    ~~~
    Andy will rest his starters. Fine.
    I'm hoping Von and the boys will vent out their season frustrations with a vengeance !!!

Go Broncos !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• TheAsianPA
      Captain
      • Oct 2015

better get the donut, car, and other pictures on the sidelines ready for Lynch
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• ELWAY421
        Football Immortal
        • Dec 2007

Go Broncos!!!

What a season???

Yo!!! Az!!!

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
          Football Immortal
          • Oct 2008

Thanks for keeping this thread going Elway.

Here's to a better outcome next year. Tough year fellow fans, we'll be back, count on it!

Go Broncos...Always!
          [sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
            Canuck Mod, eh!
            • Feb 2004

Well it seems so final so fast.

Thanks to all of you that keep coming and contributing. Its been rough. Really really rough.

Hopefully we can watch new teams rise in the post season. And then pontificate on the draft and free agency.
            sigpic

Comment

• Rastic
              Modulated
              • Oct 2013

Agreed, this season flew by and, sadly, unforgettable for all the wrong reasons.

We still love you Broncos

Thanks again for all the game day threads Elway!!
              Last edited by Rastic; 12-30-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                Traveling Mod
                • Mar 2010

Thanks for a another year Elway, you were great as always.

Well we will see how we end it. Hopefully no injuries. I will miss Broncos football for sure. But I am also kinda glad this season is drawing to a close. FA and The Draft can't get here fast enough.

Goooo Broncoooooos
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Lumiere
                  All-Time Great
                  • Jan 2011

Looking forward to next year...we'll be back.

With a vengeance.
                  To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

Thanks, Elway! You always do such an outstanding job. Appreciate you.

I was supposed to get the game but for some reason, they changed it to the Raven game. Booo.

Sad it's our last game, but excited to see what happens for next year.

Go Broncos!!!
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• broncoslover115
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2012

So they originally had our game being shown here in Boston and I got somewhat excited that I would get to watch a game for once. Haven't seen a game in 5 weeks. Then I saw that it was changed to the Bills/MIA game.

Oh well. BUF has more to play for than our team does. Guess it's another week on the radio.

Not sure if I want us to win or not. Not sure if VJs job is still on the line but also want a good draft pick. No sense ruining it over a meaningless game.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• BroncoSynapses
                        Ring of Famer
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        So they originally had our game being shown here in Boston and I got somewhat excited that I would get to watch a game for once. Haven't seen a game in 5 weeks. Then I saw that it was changed to the Bills/MIA game.

Oh well. BUF has more to play for than our team does. Guess it's another week on the radio.

Not sure if I want us to win or not. Not sure if VJs job is still on the line but also want a good draft pick. No sense ruining it over a meaningless game.
                        Could have had the number 3 pick. But, we had to win a few games. I think we’re out of contention for a top QB in the draft. Be prepared for a few more seasons like this last one, sadly.

With that said, am going to the freezing cold game today and am excited! Still hope we don’t win, but want to see some sort of fire in these guys. Here is to a great battle!
                        Last edited by BroncoSynapses; 12-31-2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2015

Elway thanks for the game day threads!

Comment

• MarkB
                            All-Time Great
                            • Nov 2011

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                              Hall of Famer
                              • Apr 2009

Let's see if this thread even reaches 25 pages. I guess most only hang around here when times are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X