Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    When the stadium is half empty in week 6 maybe that'll be enough to change things. Elway this could be your downfall now.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

On that note, I'm done. Lost all feelings for the team as soon as I heard the news. The #1 pick in the draft is almost assured next season.

The players genuinely seem to respect him. He deserves another year.

Look on the bright side, guys....there will be a lot of good practices next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Here's to other 5-11 season!!! All they want is our money now. Don't care about winning anymore. Maybe stop going to games. They'll gladly raise ticket prices again.
    We really are starting to sound like a pathetic fan base. We have one bad year after a tremendous 6 yr stretch and people are already talking about boycotting. Give me a break.

People are already calling next season a dud. Yet, not one single move has been made, no FAs signed, draft is still months away, the coaching staff can still see changes.

I am going to wait and see what happens. I don't think Vance was particularly good this year, but I can't really blame him for us not having a QB worth a damn and still holes on the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    We really are starting to sound like a pathetic fan base. We have one bad year after a tremendous 6 yr stretch and people are already talking about boycotting. Give me a break.

People are already calling next season a dud. Yet, not one single move has been made, no FAs signed, draft is still months away, the coaching staff can still see changes.

I am going to wait and see what happens. I don't think Vance was particularly good this year, but I can't really blame him for us not having a QB worth a damn and still holes on the OL.
    Shanahan did more with less in SF. Elway better splash FA and the Draft.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    I don't think Vance was particularly good this year, but I can't really blame him for us not having a QB worth a damn and still holes on the OL.
    I can blame him for godawful decisions before and during games, including the staff he assembled. The fact is the team got worse under him with essentially the same talent.

Shanahan didn't win a game until Gimmy G started, QB makes all the difference.

I get that many are upset with Joseph being retained but the overreaction of another failed season is a bit premature donít you think?

Can we at least see what they do in the draft and free agency? Or see who is released and retained?

They decide to rebuild and draft a QB then some of the doom and gloom 5-11 predictions might be considered a positive with a rookie QB.

The only quick fix for this team is cutting some players to afford some quality free agents at QB and oline. Significantly more relevance then Joseph as HC.

Garoppolo is in another universe compared to what Denver had. Shanahan was sucking until a real QB showed up.

Not until they traded for Jimmy G. Up to that point they hadn't won a single game.

Welp. We'll see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    The players genuinely seem to respect him. He deserves another year.
    If they respected him so much why did some of them quit during games and act like they didn't really care? To me it sure seemed like he lost the locker room this season but, now they all respect the heck out of him? It is like the Twilight Zone... shouldn't actions and play on the field speak louder than some words after the fact?

I went to a really tiny school and my 7th grade teacher was the nicest, most easy going, fun teacher I ever had. Going to school was a blast.. we could distract him with almost anything. He would let us send a couple of kids down to the corner store during school to buy everyone pop and candy and we could talk him into letting us play games when we should be having math or history class. Never had such fun.. and if they would have wanted to fire the guy I can assure you almost every single student would have rallied for him to stay.. no doubt. Of course I flunked math that year.. the only time I ever flunked anything. I was normally a very good student. As much as I loved that teacher, he was actually very bad for my education. My point is just because the players all love the guy, does not mean much to me... respect I think is not the right word in all of this.. I am not so sure they really respect him.. I think some of them just like the easy going attitude and being his buddy. That can be very appealing.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

All snarky comments aside (Iím thinking of my own), if the Broncos can manage to find a legit QB this offseason, things could improve significantly next season.

Not the news I was hoping for but it is what it is.

One would assume VJ is on a short leash, and will be on an extremely short leash if Cousins is our QB.