Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1081
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I’m experiencing this espxact same problem...
    I really like the Eagles. They're fun to watch and are an easy team to like. I hope they beat the crap out of NE. Could never, ever root for NE. NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    I didn't watch either game but, I was keeping track of the scores. I knew without a doubt that even though the Jags had a lead through most of the game that they would end up losing. Playing the Patriots close means nothing when in the end its a loss. Some told me last week that the Jags would keep it interesting and I basically replied... so what? Keeping it interesting is meaningless.

I personally think the league needed the Pats to win today. Otherwise they would have a Super Bowl with two no name QB's and possibly two small market teams. The ratings have already fallen 10% from last season in the NFL and a Jags SB with let's say MN would have been a very difficult for the ratings. As I said I did not watch the game but, if there were some calls that seemed questionable or non calls for the Pats, I think that is one of the reasons why. I bet Roger and whichever network is showing the big game (I do not even remember nor do I care) breathed a heavy sigh of relief when the Pats won today.

Just say no to the Super Bowl. I made my decision a few weeks ago.. I am not watching another Tom Brady Super Bowl. I am done. I would rather watch three straight hours of the Puppy Bowl. The Eagles have no shot whatsoever. Just like I knew the Jags would not win, I feel quite certain the Eagles will get blown out. I know some will tell me... oh the Eagles will give them a tough game, or whatever sunshine one wants to blow up my skirt but, there is no way the Eagles have any shot at this. Any given Sunday? Yeah tell me that in two weeks... ain't happening, I say that with a sick feeling in my stomach though. I really, really wish Brady would go away.. I think there is something really fishy with him.
    I can't wait to watch the Super Bowl!! My favorite Sunday of the year. I'll be pulling hard for the Eagles who everyone said had not shot last week or yesterday. Yet here they are on their way to the Super Bowl. The Pats are beatable. You just have to play your game. It's been done before. Just ask the Giants.

I don't think the Eagles can handle the Patriots. The Jaguars gave them a good warm up game, so they'll be ready for the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
    I don't think the Eagles can handle the Patriots. The Jaguars gave them a good warm up game, so they'll be ready for the Super Bowl.
    No one thought they could handle the Vikings either. Especially after that opening drive yesterday.

If Wentz were healthy would the Eagles still be underdogs?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    No one thought they could handle the Vikings either. Especially after that opening drive yesterday.
    One of the things I like about football is that we always find out. People think this, or say this, think that, or say that, and in the end we always find out.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If Wentz were healthy would the Eagles still be underdogs?
    Yes because “Brady”.

One of the things I like about football is that we always find out. People think this, or say this, think that, or say that, and in the end we always find out.
    Too true. And I have no problem eating crow if I’m wrong on Philly. I mean I certainly wouldn’t pick them. My money would definitely be on Brady. All I’m saying is it wouldn’t be the worst upset the Pats ever suffered.

Two of the most classless teams and fans play each other in the Super Bowl. No thanks, I will not watch one minute of it. Eagles fans threw beer on Vikings fans at their game. Eagles players encouraged their fans to mock the Vikings “skills” chant, etc.

The Patriots have a history of cheating, etc. So, like I said, two classless teams.

Agreed.
    The Patriots will probably dispatch the Eagles in some sort of obvious fashion (Like they always do) that will make everyone think "Now, why didn't we think of that?".

Frustrating.

But could you not say that about almost anything?

So I ask....did you think The Pats deserved more than one penalty? Tell me if you think you saw at least two.

And if folks think this is a silly question coming from a whiner/loser.....methinks it is not. Because any call can change the game. We saw how easily they scored that TD, when Gronk went down. I will argue that it was the correct NFL call, but the defender was not head hunting. But the next flag was more severe, and unnecessary.

On one drive, they were 3rd and 18. but there was an obvious Oline hold that would have made it 3rd and 28. And earlier in the game, when they went for it on 4th and 2, The Pats clearly set up a pick play.

I also saw more holding and at least one PI. Sour grapes...perhaps....but several of those plays change the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    So I ask....did you think The Pats deserved more than one penalty? Tell me if you think you saw at least two.

And if folks think this is a silly question coming from a whiner/loser.....methinks it is not. Because any call can change the game. We saw how easily they scored that TD, when Gronk went down. I will argue that it was the correct NFL call, but the defender was not head hunting. But the next flag was more severe, and unnecessary.

On one drive, they were 3rd and 18. but there was an obvious Oline hold that would have made it 3rd and 28. And earlier in the game, when they went for it on 4th and 2, The Pats clearly set up a pick play.

I also saw more holding and at least one PI. Sour grapes...perhaps....but several of those plays change the game.
    That tends to be the case in almost all NFL games. I think the NFL and NBA are the most flawed officiating systems in sports.

I think the problem today is that everyone this season is coming to the realization that the Patriots benefit from it way above the average for NFL teams. It's always been a little bit of a stigma with the Pats but now this season it seems to have directly correlated to 3-4 more wins for them than they would've had otherwise. Most years they win by 28-35 points and after you settle down you say well would the calls really make a difference?

This year they are winning games at the wire and you can directly correlate the officiating to the difference in the outcome. And the most controversial of calls across the league seem to always be benefitting New England.

I think we all agree you have to play your 100% best game to beat them. And it still may not be enough. When you are at a clear disadvantage for officiating as well it just makes the task virtually impossible.

The Pats teach basic fundamentals an discipline more than anyone. But that team was getting smoked on talent the entire first half. Generally when guys are getting burned left and right like that it's going to come with a few flags on their behalf trying to gain ground. So to see 1 flag at the end of the day is very mind boggling. And it makes us neutral fans feel the NFL is just protecting their big investment.

I think 10 flags is a lot. But there is literally no such thing as a team only committing 1 flag for 60 minutes. There just isn't. When it happens is due to officials just not doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    That tends to be the case in almost all NFL games. I think the NFL and NBA are the most flawed officiating systems in sports.

I think the problem today is that everyone this season is coming to the realization that the Patriots benefit from it way above the average for NFL teams. It's always been a little bit of a stigma with the Pats but now this season it seems to have directly correlated to 3-4 more wins for them than they would've had otherwise. Most years they win by 28-35 points and after you settle down you say well would the calls really make a difference?

This year they are winning games at the wire and you can directly correlate the officiating to the difference in the outcome. And the most controversial of calls across the league seem to always be benefitting New England.

I think we all agree you have to play your 100% best game to beat them. And it still may not be enough. When you are at a clear disadvantage for officiating as well it just makes the task virtually impossible.

The Pats teach basic fundamentals an discipline more than anyone. But that team was getting smoked on talent the entire first half. Generally when guys are getting burned left and right like that it's going to come with a few flags on their behalf trying to gain ground. So to see 1 flag at the end of the day is very mind boggling. And it makes us neutral fans feel the NFL is just protecting their big investment.

I think 10 flags is a lot. But there is literally no such thing as a team only committing 1 flag for 60 minutes. There just isn't. When it happens is due to officials just not doing their job.
    I clearly agree with you DB.

All my life I have tried to learn how to be the bigger person, and to not whine about rules and officiating. But as you have concurred, anyone who watched that game, would have made more than 1 call. And that is so very disappointing, because they do not need it. We know how great they have been. I can admit that. But I can not like a team that cheats the way they do, and gets away with officiating like they have. Not just once. More than once in the playoffs alone.

Bring in some gutsy refs. Bring in refs who can not see the colour of the uniform or be swayed by the crowd noise.

In my honest opinion, this NE bias is ruining the game. I hardly want to watch the SB, because I can not think of them winning yet again. Maybe it's because I do not care for Kraft anymore, or I can not tolerate the grouchy BB, or the prima donna who acts like a nice guy - TB. Truth is, I am ok with Gronk, other than that ridiculous hit he made on the Buffalo defender. At least he is real.

Regardless.....lets see another team get a break. Why not give someone else the same chance, by actually penalizing The Pats more.

To anyone who thinks this is crying in my beer stuff......I dare you to watch those playoff games we speak of, and honestly state The Pats did not get some ref support. And yesterday, in such a close game, justify 1 measly call. Watch for Oliners holding back pass rushers, and PIs, and that pick play on 4th and 2. If you can only see 1 legit call, and you don't think The Pats got a nice call for them on that long pass (after The Gronk play), then good on you. But having said that, you are probably pro Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I clearly agree with you DB.

All my life I have tried to learn how to be the bigger person, and to not whine about rules and officiating. But as you have concurred, anyone who watched that game, would have made more than 1 call. And that is so very disappointing, because they do not need it. We know how great they have been. I can admit that. But I can not like a team that cheats the way they do, and gets away with officiating like they have. Not just once. More than once in the playoffs alone.

Bring in some gutsy refs. Bring in refs who can not see the colour of the uniform or be swayed by the crowd noise.

In my honest opinion, this NE bias is ruining the game. I hardly want to watch the SB, because I can not think of them winning yet again. Maybe it's because I do not care for Kraft anymore, or I can not tolerate the grouchy BB, or the prima donna who acts like a nice guy - TB. Truth is, I am ok with Gronk, other than that ridiculous hit he made on the Buffalo defender. At least he is real.

Regardless.....lets see another team get a break. Why not give someone else the same chance, by actually penalizing The Pats more.

To anyone who thinks this is crying in my beer stuff......I dare you to watch those playoff games we speak of, and honestly state The Pats did not get some ref support. And yesterday, in such a close game, justify 1 measly call. Watch for Oliners holding back pass rushers, and PIs, and that pick play on 4th and 2. If you can only see 1 legit call, and you don't think The Pats got a nice call for them on that long pass (after The Gronk play), then good on you. But having said that, you are probably pro Pats.
    This. I agree with you on everything here... including the fact Gronk is the only tolerable Patriot.

Tom Brady IS a spoiled Prima Donna who masquerades as a nice guy. This guy has admitted that winning is everything to him and football is more important than his own wife.. or was it his wife who said this.. either way it doesn't look good. I think Brady would do literally anything to win.. cheat, grease some palms, set up ball boys into the patsy, stab a family member in the back and yeah.. even sell his soul to Satan. I would not put any of it past him. He was some gangly, skinny late rounder that no one thought anything of. It is like Robert Johnson and the cross roads.. lol

Any how I will admit a lot of it is sour grapes for me. Having said that though, I think it is very clear the league is bias towards the Patriots. Goodell just got his big contract extension and this is at a time when the league is on the downward and suffering from many controversies. Kraft was a big supporter of Goodell too.. even after all of that stuff with Brady and the suspension. Makes one wonder. Jerry was the only one who was vocal about getting rid of Goodell... it doesn't make much sense unless there was some sort of secret deal made. Everyone knows Kraft runs the league and Kraft gets what he wants... I think if he wanted Roger gone, Roger would be gone.

Its all highly suspicious but, I think the fans are starting to wake up to it a little. I do not know anyone personally who likes the Patriots, let alone doesn't hate them. Or anyone who thinks that the league is fair and on the up and up all of the time. I am sure there are some very sneaky and dirty things going on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by KansasKrista; 01-22-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    This. I agree with you on everything here... including the fact Gronk is the only tolerable Patriot.

Tom Brady IS a spoiled Prima Donna who masquerades as a nice guy. This guy has admitted that winning is everything to him and football is more important than his own wife.. or was it his wife who said this.. either way it doesn't look good. I think Brady would do literally anything to win.. cheat, grease some palms, set up ball boys into the patsy, stab a family member in the back and yeah.. even sell his soul to Satan. I would not put any of it past him. He was some gangly, skinny late rounder that no one thought anything of. It is like Robert Johnson and the cross roads.. lol

Any how I will admit a lot of it is sour grapes for me. Having said that though, I think it is very clear the league is bias towards the Patriots. Goodell just got his big contract extension and this is at a time when the league is on the downward and suffering from many controversies. Kraft was a big supporter of Goodell too.. even after all of that stuff with Brady and the suspension. Makes one wonder. Jerry was the only one who was vocal about getting rid of Goodell... it doesn't make much sense unless there was some sort of secret deal made. Everyone knows Kraft runs the league and Kraft gets what he wants... I think if he wanted Roger gone, Roger would be gone.

Its all highly suspicious but, I think the fans are starting to wake up to it a little. I do not know anyone personally who likes the Patriots, let alone doesn't hate them. Or anyone who thinks that the league is fair and on the up and up all of the time. I am sure there are some very sneaky and dirty things going on behind the scenes.

Good stuff, Krista. You ought to take some shots at their trolls in smack.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016