Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I could see a few good games....Atlanta at Philly, (basically) The Jax D against The Steelers O, and yes, the Vikes/Saints game.

One never knows. For example, Atlanta may be back, and Foles might get something going, which would make for a great game given what Philly can do with some basic leadership. I would not write this team off just yet.

And I believe The Steelers win this game by a couple of TDs, but it was not that way during the season. If Bortles could just make a few passes here and there, they have a shot.
    IThe Jaguars only allowed two teams (Chargers and Seahawks) to score more than 10 points in games they won. Four of Jacksonville's six losses were by no more than 10 points. It is more likely than not the winner will be decided by who can score two touchdowns.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG/JAGUARS

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Scores View Post
    IThe Jaguars only allowed two teams (Chargers and Seahawks) to score more than 10 points in games they won. Four of Jacksonville's six losses were by no more than 10 points. It is more likely than not the winner will be decided by who can score two touchdowns.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG/JAGUARS
    Well then...based on Bortles latest "performance", it will be Steelers 14 - Jax 0.

More likely about 24 to 13 for The Steelers. (give or take a few)
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-11-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Well then. based on Bortles latest "performance" it will be Steelers 14 - Jax 0.

More likely about 24 to 13 for The Steelers. (give or take a few)
    No, it would be 21-7 because Blake Bortles did score a TD last weekend.

I think Doug Marrone will do a better job calling plays to minimize some mistakes. He was correctly blamed for calling too many passes to the RB that were not screens with T.J. Yeldon unavailable. (Leonard Fournette is just a runner, not a pass-catching RB.) I don't know how much better Blake Bortles can be with smarter play calling by Marrone now, but in Week 5 he benefited from not being told to throw often.

No, it would be 21-7 because Blake Bortles did score a TD last weekend.

I think Doug Marrone will do a better job calling plays to minimize some mistakes. He was correctly blamed for calling too many passes to the RB that were not screens with T.J. Yeldon unavailable. (Leonard Fournette is just a runner, not a pass-catching RB.) I don't know how much better Blake Bortles can be with smarter play calling by Marrone now, but in Week 5 he benefited from not being told to throw often.
    No..............

Of course I don't think Blake Biortles will have a great performance statistically or be the reason the Jaguars win. He only attempted 14 passes all day in Week 5, allowing Leonard Fournette to carry the offense. But I can't rule out the possibility he will look better when Doug Marrone calls the right plays and T.J. Yeldon is available on third downs. Will it be eniough to give the Jaguars a trip to Foxborough? Probably not, but there is always hope with the defense.

Of course I don't think Blake Biortles will have a great performance statistically or be the reason the Jaguars win. He only attempted 14 passes all day in Week 5, allowing Leonard Fournette to carry the offense. But I can't rule out the possibility he will look better when Doug Marrone calls the right plays and T.J. Yeldon is available on third downs. Will it be eniough to give the Jaguars a trip to Foxborough? Probably not, but there is always hope with the defense.
    Steelers win....

Steelers win....
    Didn't the broadcasters come up with a stat last weekend that Bortles is one of the most erratic QB's in the NFL? In that case, there's every chance he'll throw a few TD passes this week. But yeah, Steelers win.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    Didn't the broadcasters come up with a stat last weekend that Bortles is one of the most erratic QB's in the NFL? In that case, there's every chance he'll throw a few TD passes this week. But yeah, Steelers win.
    I appreciate that Bortles could make something happen....it happens. But more likely, I can see The Steelers O coming out in full force, at home, with revenge in mind. I expect an assault on The Jax D, one that will be hard to curtail....as good as The Jax D is. And if Bortles and company can not move the ball, the Jax D will get worn down. And based on his passing inaccuracy last week, I expect a pic or two, which will also add points to the board. Lets be honest, they barely beat a much weaker team at home.

Steelers win....
    I'm hoping they lose, but it's hard to believe the Jaguars can win against them. Never know, though.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I'm hoping they lose, but it's hard to believe the Jaguars can win against them. Never know, though.
    Truthfully, I do like The Jax as a team, and loved their recent drafts! They had some good receivers before injury, and now have a stud RB. I feel for Bortles, but I just don't see him as a franchise QB, especially after last week's game where he was throwing passes like an amateur. But imagine The Jax in a year or two, with a stud QB and with comparable WRs as they had a year or so ago....that would equate to a highly dangerous team.

But The Steelers are the only team that can knock off The Pats in my opinion, and the odds aren't great in Foxborough. In fact, (if I was a betting man) I'd bet big on The Pats because Ben has sucked on the road, and to win in NE your QB has to be at his best.

Back to this weekend's game....I can see The Steelers wanting some revenge, and they have all the weapons to score a few TDs against a really good Jax D. Conversely, I can see Bortles throwing a couple of interceptions, based on his inaccuracy last week. And The Steelers will be expecting him to run a little, so that path will not be as clear.

But yes, maybe Coughlin and company will find a quality QB and a receiver or two, and watch this team contend for years to come!

All four Killer Bees struggled against the Jaguars in Week 5. (The Steelers scored only nine points because Chris Boswell missed a PAT try.) My biggest worry all week was Le'Veon Bell because Jacksonville couldn't stop Jets backups in Week 4. At the time, Marcell Dareus was in Buffalo. It turned out Todd Haley called a terrible game and Bell ran only 47 yards against one of the NFL's worst run defenses. I was baffled by that. Now Jacksonville has a good run stuffer and Pittsburgh can't stop running backs very well anymore. So this time I am not so sure the Jaguars will struggle with #26.
    Last edited by Denver Scores; 01-12-2018 at 07:40 PM.

NFL Network analyst Tom Polissero is a believer in the expression, "Defense wins championships." He stops short of makiong a bold prediction Sacksonville will beat the Patriots, but confirms what I have explained earlier: teams don't need great quarterbacks to win Lombardi trophies.

The 2000 Ravens famously got their title with Trent Dilfer at quarterback. Dilfer's 76.6 passer rating that year was lower than Bortles' 84.7 this season. So was Eli Manning's 73.9 with the 2007 Giants, Roethlisberger's 80.1 with the 2008 Steelers and Peyton Manning's 67.9 with the 2015 Broncos -- all Super Bowl champs. Brad Johnson was more efficient, but he wasn't exactly doing the heavy lifting with the 2002 Bucs, either.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-big-questions

His point is if you have an elite defense, you don't need a QB who posts 100+ passer ratings.

I am with you in hoping they lose & i believe it can happen perhaps based on the game plan by the squealers if they do what i think they may, let me explain...

Think of this game in relation to when our broncos played them in the 2011 playoffs & the stealers came in as the #1 rated defense but yet tebow & crew lit them up & passed all over them, how did it happen?

because the stealers stacked the line knowing we were a running team & just dared tebow to beat them throwing the ball & by dam beat them he did...this jacksonville team is a very similar team on offense as that 2011 broncos team was with running the ball & not having good QB play.

not to mention the jags ran wild on pissburgh in week 5..think it was for 231 yards, so they will be looking to stuff the run & dare bortles to beat them & i'm betting jacksonville knows this much like our broncos knew it & i think the jags are going to come out throwing.

i could be wrong about all this but i just have a sense that is gonna be the game plan by the squealers is to stack the box & force them to pass which may lead to some big pass plays...we shall see but i think the jags win this won.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I am with you in hoping they lose & i believe it can happen perhaps based on the game plan by the squealers if they do what i think they may, let me explain...

Think of this game in relation to when our broncos played them in the 2011 playoffs & the stealers came in as the #1 rated defense but yet tebow & crew lit them up & passed all over them, how did it happen?

because the stealers stacked the line knowing we were a running team & just dared tebow to beat them throwing the ball & by dam beat them he did...this jacksonville team is a very similar team on offense as that 2011 broncos team was with running the ball & not having good QB play.

not to mention the jags ran wild on pissburgh in week 5..think it was for 231 yards, so they will be looking to stuff the run & dare bortles to beat them & i'm betting jacksonville knows this much like our broncos knew it & i think the jags are going to come out throwing.

i could be wrong about all this but i just have a sense that is gonna be the game plan by the squealers is to stack the box & force them to pass which may lead to some big pass plays...we shall see but i think the jags win this won.
    CP bet? I can't think of anything else to bet with.....

CP bet? I can't think of anything else to bet with.....
    sure thing, why not...you are on