• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Who cares, everybody just calls it Mile High anyway. Do we really need a new thread on this topic every other week?

Every company who sticks their name on there goes bankrupt, I doubt anybody wants to now lol
    Hmm, I must have missed last week's thread on this topic.

It's a community; people talk.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
      Hall of Famer
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Hmm, I must have missed last week's thread on this topic.

It's a community; people talk.
      I might have exaggerated a bit...

There's still been a bunch of threads on it

Anyway, they'll eventually stick another company name on there who will be out of business in year, and we'll start the process over again.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
        Hall of Famer
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
        It would be nice to go with a Denver (or anywhere in Colorado) headquartered company.

The 3 big name companies that I can think of that could work are Dish Network, Western Union, and Frontier Airlines.

With Dish Network, we'd likely have the same issue as we did with Sports Authority regarding having red signage plastered every where. Western Union would bring Yellow signage which isnt ideal either but better than red. Plus Western Union also has blue to go along with Yellow. Frontier Airlines would bring green signage, but I don't think color wise is an issue. Plus Frontier Airlines is probably more synonymous with Colorado than Dish and Western Union.
        When you first started talking about Dish Network having the same problem as Sports Authority, I thought you were going to say they'd be bankrupt in 2 years.

Because with cord cutting becoming a real thing, all these horribly overpriced cable and satellite companies are going down.
        Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 01-05-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• $Broncos$
          Playmaker
          • Aug 2010

We are fans we do nothing but watch haha

Comment

• MileHighInNY
            Playmaker
            • Nov 2006

It would be nice to go with a Denver (or anywhere in Colorado) headquartered company.

The 3 big name companies that I can think of that could work are Dish Network, Western Union, and Frontier Airlines.

With Dish Network, we'd likely have the same issue as we did with Sports Authority regarding having red signage plastered every where. Western Union would bring Yellow signage which isnt ideal either but better than red. Plus Western Union also has blue to go along with Yellow. Frontier Airlines would bring green signage, but I don't think color wise is an issue. Plus Frontier Airlines is probably more synonymous with Colorado than Dish and Western Union.
            "Frontier Field at Mile High" has a nice ring to it.

Comment

• Frenchy180
              Football Immortal
              • Oct 2008

I think all of those companies are on the verge of bankruptcy if we're being honest here... except maybe Western Union
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

• rst08tierney
                VISIONS OF CONFETTI
                • Nov 2006

Just cut Pappa Johns a deal and get it over with.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                  After Bowlen passes... we, the fans of Colorado, should purchase the Team and stadium. Have it be community owned like the Packers.
                  The NFL requires at least 1 owner of the group to have a minimum of 35% of the ownership stake. It's bylaws also prohibit any corporation, or not for profit entity (which community ownership would be) from owning a team. The Packers were grandfathered in.

And the stadium already is publicly owned.

Comment

• broncoFan!
                    Playmaker
                    • Sep 2009

How about the Isaiah Mckenzie field at Mile High? He seems to have as big of an impact as anything else.
                    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• Hph5
                      Playmaker
                      • Dec 2017

As far as I'm concerned, if the field is going to be named, it should be Mile High Field at Mile High Stadium.

Comment

• lvbronx
                        Old School
                        • Jul 2005

I've always felt it should have been named something like Denver Mile High Stadium in honor of the people that paid most of the cost of building it. It's the one thing I really don't like what Pat Bowlen did.

Comment

• Rich_C
                          Captain
                          • Aug 2012

I wonder if Frontier Airlines would have an issue with our secondaries nickname "No Fly Zone".....

Comment

• DenverBrian
                            Practice Squad
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                            I've always felt it should have been named something like Denver Mile High Stadium in honor of the people that paid most of the cost of building it. It's the one thing I really don't like what Pat Bowlen did.
                            What don't you like? They 6 county tax that paid for Coors Field did really well and paid off that stadium early and I believe the people voted to keep the tax until 2012 (the original plan) to pay for 75% of the new stadium. Seems like a good plan to me.

Comment

• ThreeGees
                              Starter
                              • Sep 2009

Western Union already has its team sponsorship money tied to the Denver Nuggets. Don't know if they have enough money to throw at Broncos as well.

Comment

• Joshua2585
                                All-Pro
                                • Jun 2011

I dunno... I'm still a big fan of the state of Colorado purchasing the team. Community Ownership. Put it in the taxes, have a tax rep and voting rights. Every CO taxpayer owns a piece of the team. I wish the Packer model was more prevalent.

Comment

Working...
                                X