View Poll Results: Do you like the new name?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • absolutely

0 0%
  • Kinda

0 0%
  • Name is wierd "WMG | IMG " really?

2 40.00%
  • Hate it

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New sponsor on the way for Mile High?

Sports Authority is about to file for Bankruptcy...

Any sponsors you would like to see take over?

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post

Oh boy here comes Papa John's

Honestly would prefer it become "Bowlen Field" and a move away from the highest bidder corporate name.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Honestly would prefer it become "Bowlen Field" and a move away from the highest bidder corporate name.
    Stadium district wont allow it but if it becomes Papa Johns Field would they let us hang a fat head of Elway under the title! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by martz11 View Post
    Oh boy here comes Papa John's
    haha that made me spit my tea out..hahaha

Trump Stadium at Mile High? Erm...

As a sponsor, i'm not sure I would want to become a corporate sponsor for Mile High.....They all seem to file for bankruptcy a couple years after doing it....

Must be the football gods telling the world that our stadium should be known only as "Mile High Stadium".....and nothing else....

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    If only...if only
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

I would love it if the Broncos just took the brunt of not having a sponsored stadium for a few years for Mr. B and call it Pat Bowlen Field at Mile High

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post

It will probably be a dispensary... "High Times Field at Mile High"...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverElway View Post
    It will probably be a dispensary... "High Times Field at Mile High"...
    Hey, Pat is a huge cheech and chong fan. You never know

Hooray, beer!

How valuable really are these corporate sponsorships? I mean, yeah, the name of the stadium or arena gets mentioned on sports broadcasts. But really, what's the tangible benefit. I don't think there was ever a moment when I drove past a Sports Authority or seen Pepsi or Coors on the shelves and thought about the Denver venues, or vice versa. There's a complete disconnect. But that's just me. I know the visibility and name dropping can have some value, but considering the price tag of getting naming sponsorship of a venue, is it really an authentically valuable marketing decision? It honestly seems more like corporate muscle flexing to me.

Pink Taco offered big bucks for the naming rights in Phoenix, but were turned down by the NFL, maybe they can make another run at this one?

With as high profile as the Broncos have been recently as well as throughout their NFL history, I expect it could be some fairly big corporations that attempt to get the naming rights.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBronco View Post
    How valuable really are these corporate sponsorships? I mean, yeah, the name of the stadium or arena gets mentioned on sports broadcasts. But really, what's the tangible benefit. I don't think there was ever a moment when I drove past a Sports Authority or seen Pepsi or Coors on the shelves and thought about the Denver venues, or vice versa. There's a complete disconnect. But that's just me. I know the visibility and name dropping can have some value, but considering the price tag of getting naming sponsorship of a venue, is it really an authentically valuable marketing decision? It honestly seems more like corporate muscle flexing to me.

I'm no marketing major, but I would think the value would be in the number of times you're mentioned, or seen (when the show the outside of the Stadium) during broadcasts. It's the same as SB commercials, at a cost of $4.5-5 million per spot this year, they're not worth the price, but they raise a company's profile to a big audience and increase brand recognition. Like you I've never thought "I'll try that company" strictly because of a stadium name or Super Bowl commercial, but I know the companies because of it and subconsciously I might end up trying and then using those companies because of that recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Trump Stadium at Mile High? Erm...
    Um, that would be a HELL to THE NO!!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware