Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's almost like players can get better as their careers go on, and we shouldn't label players as "busts" after one season, or in some cases, only a few games...

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Impossible.

Gotsis was a 2nd round pick, chosen by Elway.

That means he sucks. John cant choose any good players in the draft, especially in the 2nd round. Or any round, so I hear.

You must be talking about someone else.
    It’s true...

Dam second round
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's almost like players can get better as their careers go on, and we shouldn't label players as "busts" after one season, or in some cases, only a few games...

CP bet with Freyeka that CJ Anderson is traded during the draft

wasn't there talks of him looking bulked up and insane this year? It seems he got bigger and stronger and more importantly, healthier, especially since his rookie season was off of an ACL tear. Excited to see if he can take yet another step forward and take over for Wolfe if he's gotta go. In any event, with Shelby Harris there I think we're in good shape at the front.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    wasn't there talks of him looking bulked up and insane this year? It seems he got bigger and stronger and more importantly, healthier, especially since his rookie season was off of an ACL tear. Excited to see if he can take yet another step forward and take over for Wolfe if he's gotta go. In any event, with Shelby Harris there I think we're in good shape at the front.
    Yes, he reportedly gained 15 punts of muscle in the offseason. No positive tests so I guess it wasn't vitamin S, or at least he found his way around that if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yes, he reportedly gained 15 punts of muscle in the offseason. No positive tests so I guess it wasn't vitamin S, or at least he found his way around that if it was.
    NFL steroid testing is structured to allow players to use. It's a mystery to me how anyone ever gets caught, pure negligence on their part. The players are also given the best medical personnel to oversee and even give them prescriptions for their use.

If he, Adam Gotsis, an experienced athlete and weightlifter at ~280, gained 15 pounds of muscle, not water or fat, in less than 5 years then it's clearly indicative of hormone supplementation.

That being said, even if he didn't gain 15lbs in that time frame he's still unquestionably an enhanced athlete. As are 99% of professional athletes. See the first paragraph and add to that the fact that this is these peoples' livelihood. Their body and the things it is capable of determines how much money they make, sometimes and extra little bit of strength or speed makes the difference between being an average or great player. Genetics obviously determine just how high of a ceiling a player has, and who the true greats are, but they don't reach those levels naturally, at least in the common sense of the word since many could argue hormone supplementation is no less "natural" than a vitamin c supplement.

The difficulty lies with public opinion. Hormone supplementation helps athletes perform better and tyat helps the sporting organizations make more money. The public is just so misinformed that leagues have to structure their rules and testing methods in a way that look strict but are easily circumvented.

Forgive my rant, just something I consider myself experienced in. Both from personal experiences and first hand sources. Just collegiate athetes with several among that group making the next level, myself not included.

Gotsis was 8 months away from his college ACL knee surgery when the 2016 training camp started. I'm surprised the Broncos didn't put him on IR. And, he had another knee surgery last summer to clean out some floating debris, after a strong start. He seemed to have a relatively injury free season in 2017, and stepped up. Can't help but wonder if Wolfe's neck injury might be something chronic that might jeopardize his future. Gotsis was a good Draft Pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Huge leap from his rookie season, as others have already stated.

When you see how stout he is now, it makes you wonder how/why he was being pushed back so far in the first place.
    williams the issue he was terrible at nt with out a all star de next to him. he was getting single teamed and pushed 5 yards back so they could double team wolf or gotsis.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Gotsis was a Kollar pick, not an Elway pick. We all heard the story of Kollar begging for the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Gotsis was a Kollar pick, not an Elway pick. We all heard the story of Kollar begging for the pick.
    Im sure many picks are from certain people advocating for a certain player. Ultimately the GM must pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Yup I don't think Wolfe will make it I have a feeling . Cost us a lot of money for what we got out of him thus year
    You do realize he played without feeling in his neck for quite a few games right? He was injured most of the year. Wolfe would want to restructure before being cut in my opinion.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Im sure many picks are from certain people advocating for a certain player. Ultimately the GM must pull the trigger.
    This

Elway is handed a list based off others around him. Hes not scouting any player outside of the first round IMO