Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 572
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    A RB won't take a team to the next level??? But a freaking OG will????? Please....of the teams you name they will not be in the play offs without them no matter how good a def is you still need to score....Gurley had over 100yds like 11 carries...and should be the MVP of the league.....But a OG a OG is worth a 4th pick...just like Cooper and womack...we're "can't miss" prospects....give me a break.
    keep trying to fix the Oline with 4th round picks and it will never happen. Mid level OIinemen can be taken with success when it is just one empty position that needs replacing and they have solid vets around them that can take some of the burden off of the rookies to let them develop. We don't have that situation here in Denver. I agree that an OG won't take the team to the next level but it will sure help pave the way. The only way a RB takes a team to the next level is when you have a solid team around them.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    keep trying to fix the Oline with 4th round picks and it will never happen. Mid level OIinemen can be taken with success when it is just one empty position that needs replacing and they have solid vets around them that can take some of the burden off of the rookies to let them develop. We don't have that situation here in Denver. I agree that an OG won't take the team to the next level but it will sure help pave the way. The only way a RB takes a team to the next level is when you have a solid team around them.
    Will Hernandez from UTEP is a better value pick at OG in the second round than Nelson in round 1. Imo.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyRay View Post
    Will Hernandez from UTEP is a better value pick at OG in the second round than Nelson in round 1. Imo.
    maybe. At this point, we need better players on the Oline, not better value. Hernandez has looked pretty good but he has also played against pretty inferior teams as compared to Nelson. We will see how Hernandez does at the senior bowl.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,374
    Itís amazing how many people Shanahan has tricked into thinking running backs are a dime a dozen.

    If Barkley is the best player available at the fifth pick, the Broncos should absolutely draft him. This assumes the Broncos donít want or need one of the quarterbacks.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    keep trying to fix the Oline with 4th round picks and it will never happen. Mid level OIinemen can be taken with success when it is just one empty position that needs replacing and they have solid vets around them that can take some of the burden off of the rookies to let them develop. We don't have that situation here in Denver. I agree that an OG won't take the team to the next level but it will sure help pave the way. The only way a RB takes a team to the next level is when you have a solid team around them.
    Take a look around the starting olines in the league.....not many high draft picks on any of them. I say we swing for the fence if we can get a prospect like Barkley.

    If the pick is on offense it will only be a QB or Barkley.

    Our team has no offensive identity, and no real offensive leaders. Barkley would give us one.

    I believe it's Walter football that I was looking at the lineups. Pretty shocking actually to see the lack of OLineman that were taken high and starting.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 01-08-2018 at 06:23 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Itís amazing how many people Shanahan has tricked into thinking running backs are a dime a dozen.

    If Barkley is the best player available at the fifth pick, the Broncos should absolutely draft him. This assumes the Broncos donít want or need one of the quarterbacks.
    It has little to do with that and much to do with the fact that many of the best running backs in each draft class are later round picks.

    Barkley is the best running back prospect since Trent Richardson and we seen how that turned out. Sometimes they boom sometimes they bust. Remember that year awhile back 3 running backs went too 5 and none of them lived up to it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,497
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Take a look around the starting olines in the league.....not many high draft picks on any of them. I say we swing for the fence if we can get a prospect like Barkley.
    Really?? Not many high draft picks??

    Out of the 16 Pro Bowl offensive lineman this year, 10 were drafted in 1st round.

    The Cowboys have arguably the best o-line in the NFL, out of their 5 regular starters, 4 were drafted in the 1st round. The one who wasn't is La'el Collins who was a 1st round talent that fell because of the murder investigation.

    The reality is, unless you get lucky, you need to spend 1st round picks on offensive lineman if you want a good o-line.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Really?? Not many high draft picks??

    Out of the 16 Pro Bowl offensive lineman this year, 10 were drafted in 1st round.

    The Cowboys have arguably the best o-line in the NFL, out of their 5 regular starters, 4 were drafted in the 1st round. The one who wasn't is La'el Collins who was a 1st round talent that fell because of the murder investigation.

    The reality is, unless you get lucky, you need to spend 1st round picks on offensive lineman if you want a good o-line.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    It has little to do with that and much to do with the fact that many of the best running backs in each draft class are later round picks.

    Barkley is the best running back prospect since Trent Richardson and we seen how that turned out. Sometimes they boom sometimes they bust. Remember that year awhile back 3 running backs went too 5 and none of them lived up to it.
    LOL, Richardson?? Zeke had just as much hype, so far that 1 is a slam dunk. Gurley had the same hype. You go ahead and compare Barkley to Richardson, I'll save this and come back to you in 9-10 months and see if you are singing the same tune....

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    The Cowboys and their Oline built by 1st round picks isn't doing so hot.
    What did the Vikings spend on theirs? They look quite a bit better and I don't think they have a ton of 1st round picks invested?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it can be done without drafting a top 5 OL piece. Our run blocking has already improved already through FA.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    It has little to do with that and much to do with the fact that many of the best running backs in each draft class are later round picks.

    Barkley is the best running back prospect since Trent Richardson and we seen how that turned out. Sometimes they boom sometimes they bust. Remember that year awhile back 3 running backs went too 5 and none of them lived up to it.
    Would you trade our 5th round pick for Zeke if offered by the Cowboys?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Take a look around the starting olines in the league.....not many high draft picks on any of them. I say we swing for the fence if we can get a prospect like Barkley.

    If the pick is on offense it will only be a QB or Barkley.

    Our team has no offensive identity, and no real offensive leaders. Barkley would give us one.

    I believe it's Walter football that I was looking at the lineups. Pretty shocking actually to see the lack of OLineman that were taken high and starting.
    I think this is the problem with Barkley. So many think he will be this instant game changing player that will turn everything around. It would be like Barry Sanders. Great RB but no Oline and very little team success. Over the 10 years he played, the team averaged 8-8. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Barkley is no Barry Sanders so to think that barkley could single handedley have such a huge impact on a team, when barry couldn't do it, is very hard to believe.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Would you trade our 5th round pick for Zeke if offered by the Cowboys?
    in a heartbeat

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,654
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    LOL, Richardson?? Zeke had just as much hype, so far that 1 is a slam dunk. Gurley had the same hype. You go ahead and compare Barkley to Richardson, I'll save this and come back to you in 9-10 months and see if you are singing the same tune....
    Richardson had an insane amount of hype when he came out. He was a monster in college, no one wanted to tackle him. Just because he was a bust doesnít change the amount of hype he had coming out

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    LOL, Richardson?? Zeke had just as much hype, so far that 1 is a slam dunk. Gurley had the same hype. You go ahead and compare Barkley to Richardson, I'll save this and come back to you in 9-10 months and see if you are singing the same tune....
    He wasn't comparing Elliott to Richardson. Just pointing out that highly touted, can't miss RBs often do bust so Barkley is no sure thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •