Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 572
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,407
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    LOL, Richardson?? Zeke had just as much hype, so far that 1 is a slam dunk. Gurley had the same hype. You go ahead and compare Barkley to Richardson, I'll save this and come back to you in 9-10 months and see if you are singing the same tune....
    Richardson was a huge deal coming out you can look back at all the scouting reports all the comments on any article related to him bigger than zeke bigger Gurley. Even with his knee he was considered canít miss. Personally I think Barkley will be good but after his rookie deal is up I wouldnít touch him. The shelf life isnít worth it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Richardson had an insane amount of hype when he came out. He was a monster in college, no one wanted to tackle him. Just because he was a bust doesn’t change the amount of hype he had coming out
    drafted 3rd overall.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    The Cowboys and their Oline built by 1st round picks isn't doing so hot.
    What did the Vikings spend on theirs? They look quite a bit better and I don't think they have a ton of 1st round picks invested?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it can be done without drafting a top 5 OL piece. Our run blocking has already improved already through FA.
    sure it can. How much longer do you to wait for that to happen? How long has it been since we had a decent Oline? 10 years? 20?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    sure it can. How much longer do you to wait for that to happen? How long has it been since we had a decent Oline? 10 years? 20?
    It's already headed in a positive direction, we aren't that far off. Run blocking has already improved. With another FA signing, Bolles having a year under his belt and better QB play we are in decent shape. A Cousins signing alone would make a huge difference.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    It's already headed in a positive direction, we aren't that far off. Run blocking has already improved. With another FA signing, Bolles having a year under his belt and better QB play we are in decent shape. A Cousins signing alone would make a huge difference.
    disagree. 2 of our starters wouldn't start for other teams and Paradis/Leary are average at best.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Really?? Not many high draft picks??

    Out of the 16 Pro Bowl offensive lineman this year, 10 were drafted in 1st round.

    The Cowboys have arguably the best o-line in the NFL, out of their 5 regular starters, 4 were drafted in the 1st round. The one who wasn't is La'el Collins who was a 1st round talent that fell because of the murder investigation.

    The reality is, unless you get lucky, you need to spend 1st round picks on offensive lineman if you want a good o-line.
    Out of the last 15 OL taken in the 1st Rd exactly one has made the pro bowl (Sherff). It's not the "safe" position to draft that so many make it out to be.

    We have a young guy with potential in Bolles and we have a great pick in Rd 2 where we can address the need as well.

    I'm not against building up our OLine, but it's foolish to spend such a high pick on one (5).

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Out of the last 15 OL taken in the 1st Rd exactly one has made the pro bowl (Sherff). It's not the "safe" position to draft that so many make it out to be.

    We have a young guy with potential in Bolles and we have a great pick in Rd 2 where we can address the need as well.

    I'm not against building up our OLine, but it's foolish to spend such a high pick on one (5).
    out of the last 17 RB taken in the first round, 5 or 6 have turned into solid players and 11 or 12 have been average or worse. I didn't count Fournette or McCaffrey because it's too early to judge.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-08-2018 at 08:47 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United State
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Fournette is good but the Jags win because of that elite D.

    When was the last time a team got to a SB because of a RB ? You need either a top QB or an elite D.

    I would be tempted to play it safe and grab Nelson who looks an elite prospect and massively upgrades the OL, or Fitzpatrick.
    Whens the last time a team won a Superbowl with a 1st round OG.... Alan Faneca/ Steelers Superbowl 40 and he was drafted at #26 in 1998.

    Since 2000 1st round RBs to win a Superbowl:
    Marshawn Lynch
    Reggie Bush
    Joseph Addai
    Deuce McAllister
    Jamal Lewis
    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post

    Played with:

    Marshawn Lynch- all time great defense

    Reggie Bush- all time great quarterback

    Joseph Addai- all time great quarterback

    Deuce McAllister- last season was year before Super Bowl I believe.

    Jamal Lewis- all time great defense.
    Fixed that for you.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    Whens the last time a team won a Superbowl with a 1st round OG.... Alan Faneca/ Steelers Superbowl 40 and he was drafted at #26 in 1998.

    Since 2000 1st round RBs to win a Superbowl:
    Marshawn Lynch
    Reggie Bush
    Joseph Addai
    Deuce McAllister
    Jamal Lewis
    so I am guessing that since 2000, there have been 12 non 1st round RBs to have won the SB?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-08-2018 at 09:20 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    out of the last 17 RB taken in the first round, 5 or 6 have turned into solid players and 11 or 12 have been average or worse. I didn't count Fournette or McCaffrey because it's too early to judge.
    They are both good players so far that played big rolls in getting their teams to the post season. I don't see how it's too early to judge? Drafted in the 1st and made immediate impacts, solid.

    Better than any offensive players on our team.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    They are both good players so far that played big rolls in getting their teams to the post season. I don't see how it's too early to judge? Drafted in the 1st and made immediate impacts, solid.

    Better than any offensive players on our team.
    It's true they have looked ok so far. McCaffrey looks better has a WR than RB so far though and Fournette only average 3.9 y/a and missed 3 games with injury. Saying they are better than any of our Oline players isn't saying much. It's no differant the giving a final judgement on Bolles. May turn out good, may get worse as time goes by.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's true they have looked ok so far. McCaffrey looks better has a WR than RB so far though and Fournette only average 3.9 y/a and missed 3 games with injury. Saying they are better than any of our Oline players isn't saying much. It's no differant the giving a final judgement on Bolles. May turn out good, may get worse as time goes by.
    I didn't say anything about the Oline

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,123
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    I didn't say anything about the Oline
    my mistake. I read your post as better than offensive LINEMEN instead of PLAYERS. And I disagree with that. CJ was equally as good as Fournette, or close enough to make any difference negligible and was better than McCaffrey.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,246
    Just wondering.... say we go Nelson in 1st and are fortunate enough to snag Williams with our second pick.

    Williams/Leary/Paradis/Nelson/Bolles

    Would be a nice OL, huh?

    Anyway, I just wonder with the emergence of McGovern if we feel we even need another OG. Maybe we are comfortable there? Who knows.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •