Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I am seeing some making assumptions on the context of the issue and the issues actually going on in the locker room.

IMO a big difference between ignoring contradictory info (where did this come from?) . A vet telling a rookie to ignore a coach seems pretty egregious to me. Not what I have read.

In the story I am seeing coddled rookies resistant to accepting criticism or help. I am seeing terms from established vets like "entitlement" and "respect to vets" . Even Joseph mentioning how he needs to be more proactive in "dragging the rookies along".

Also the concept of "constructive criticism" being used. Many might have very different ideas of what that is or should be. Some players work best with a pat on the back , others with a kick in the backside. One player might have a problem with an expletive filled criticism just as much as a vet would take it personal if a rookie dismissed him offhand. Communication is critical. The reality is that not every one of these players has the abilities to communicate effectively.

Misunderstandings and bruised egos are expected as any roster of players with a wide disparity of age range, educational, economic and racial backgrounds all get thrown onto a field to compete at the highest level in a cut throat business with millions of dollars on the line every day. No stress there! Add a disappointing losing season and it gets even more complicated. I would have preferred the dirty laundry not out there for all to see. But can be addressed along with other issues in preparation for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I am seeing some making assumptions on the context of the issue and the issues actually going on in the locker room.

IMO a big difference between ignoring contradictory info (where did this come from?) . A vet telling a rookie to ignore a coach seems pretty egregious to me. Not what I have read.

In the story I am seeing coddled rookies resistant to accepting criticism or help. I am seeing terms from established vets like "entitlement" and "respect to vets" . Even Joseph mentioning how he needs to be more proactive in "dragging the rookies along".

Also the concept of "constructive criticism" being used. Many might have very different ideas of what that is or should be. Some players work best with a pat on the back , others with a kick in the backside. One player might have a problem with an expletive filled criticism just as much as a vet would take it personal if a rookie dismissed him offhand. Communication is critical. The reality is that not every one of these players has the abilities to communicate effectively.

Misunderstandings and bruised egos are expected as any roster of players with a wide disparity of age range, educational, economic and racial backgrounds all get thrown onto a field to compete at the highest level in a cut throat business with millions of dollars on the line every day. No stress there! Add a disappointing losing season and it gets even more complicated. I would have preferred the dirty laundry not out there for all to see. But can be addressed along with other issues in preparation for next year.
    I was simply providing plausible option for the reasoning behind WHY some of these issues may be bubbling up to the surface. I agree with the vast majority of what you've written here as well. That is also why I think that the coaches (starting with the HC) needs to take a more disciplinary role on the team. Especially if the team was not playing well. Letting egos, feuds and scuffles impact the team for a prolonged period is frankly unacceptable. The young players on this team need to either step up or step out. It is up to the coaches to implement a system by which ALL players can speak up and provide suggestions to all players in a positive way. The message needs to be improving yourself is the same as improving the team as a whole.