Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,159

    Big Trouble in Little Soccer Stadium

    so at the end of the season Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said the teams biggest priority going into the off season was to get a "long term answer, not just a band aid" at the place kicker position.

    so tom telesco proceeds to sign former bucs kicker Roberto Aguayo????

    Anthony Lynn right now.........



    (so boring in smack right now )


    Welcome Back! #85

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carlsbad, NM
    Posts
    1,713

    BCMB Div I - Broncos Got a Chubb for Sacks | BCMB FF Smackdown - Good Night QB's

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,261
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    so at the end of the season Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said the teams biggest priority going into the off season was to get a "long term answer, not just a band aid" at the place kicker position.

    so tom telesco proceeds to sign former bucs kicker Roberto Aguayo????

    Anthony Lynn right now.........



    (so boring in smack right now )
    then telesco should have kept lambo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,159
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    then telesco should have kept lambo
    yes he should have but its better than letting arguably the best DC of all time walk for no reason, am i right?


    Welcome Back! #85

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yes he should have but its better than letting arguably the best DC of all time walk for no reason, am i right?
    for nothing...like letting LT walk for nothing? or Sproles

    no wade left for bigger pay...but then why didn't the Chargers keep him, wasn't he the DC there on a 14-2 team....but left because of the impending marty firing

    did you get anything...why didn't the chargers make a play to keep him...or let him know he could be the HC if marty is gone...nope they watched him walk away to dallas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,159
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    for nothing...like letting LT walk for nothing? or Sproles

    no wade left for bigger pay...but then why didn't the Chargers keep him, wasn't he the DC there on a 14-2 team....but left because of the impending marty firing

    did you get anything...why didn't the chargers make a play to keep him...or let him know he could be the HC if marty is gone...nope they watched him walk away to dallas
    umm that was aj smith that let those guys walk, if you think i have ever been an AJ smith guy you are wrong again. also, wade got a HC gig with the cowboys along with the OC, they couldn't do anything about it and that was a big reason why marty got fired because he lost both coordinators, not the other way around........ it's why they waited until the middle of February to do it.

    i follow wade on twitter, dude wanted to stay in Denver, it's common knowledge and it was a huge blunder by elway for letting him walk.


    Welcome Back! #85

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    umm that was aj smith that let those guys walk, if you think i have ever been an AJ smith guy you are wrong again. also, wade got a HC gig with the cowboys along with the OC, they couldn't do anything about it and that was a big reason why marty got fired because he lost both coordinators, not the other way around........ it's why they waited until the middle of February to do it.

    i follow wade on twitter, dude wanted to stay in Denver, it's common knowledge and it was a huge blunder by elway for letting him walk.

    he wanted to...true but there are many reasons why something happens...just like why the bolts let wade walk knowing they had plans to fire Marty...they could have kept wade but didn't

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-was-amicable/

    While the source also said the split between the two sides was amicable, with Phillips wanting to move to L.A., where his daughter lives, there were other factors at play. Defensive backs coach Joe Woods was starting to become a hot name for potential defensive coordinator jobs; the Broncos didn’t want to lose him to another team. (Because Woods was still under contract, the Broncos could have blocked him. They believed the better course was to ensure he got his promotion without leaving.)
    Also, money was an issue. Not this year, but a year ago. Phillips, per multiple sources, wanted to be the highest-paid defensive coordinator in the NFL after the Broncos won Super Bowl 50. The Broncos resisted, and Phillips entered his contract year with the intent of becoming a coaching free agent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    so at the end of the season Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said the teams biggest priority going into the off season was to get a "long term answer, not just a band aid" at the place kicker position.

    so tom telesco proceeds to sign former bucs kicker Roberto Aguayo????

    Anthony Lynn right now.........



    (so boring in smack right now )
    You know one has hit rock bottom when one purposely talks smack about their team on their rival's smack board. At this point, it's safe to assume Broncos fans respect Browns fans more than Chargers fans.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    12,077
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    so at the end of the season Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn said the teams biggest priority going into the off season was to get a "long term answer, not just a band aid" at the place kicker position.

    so tom telesco proceeds to sign former bucs kicker Roberto Aguayo????

    Anthony Lynn right now.........



    (so boring in smack right now )
    I actually don't mind it. He's on a cheap contract and will have early OTAs to earn a spot. He was a great kicker in college, he just mentally broke down, and everything is in his head. Get him into a sports psychologist for some heavy duty sessions. If he gets right, it's found money, if not you release him during camp.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    on the Westside !
    Posts
    110
    You mean Josh LAME-BO ?

    How about a kick -off between Lame-Bo Aguayo, and lets not forget That guy out of KOREA !

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    14,501
    Quote Originally Posted by westside Bronco View Post
    You mean Josh LAME-BO ?

    How about a kick -off between Lame-Bo Aguayo, and lets not forget That guy out of KOREA !
    Lol someone didnít see Lambo with about a 97% success rate this year

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,159
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    he wanted to...true but there are many reasons why something happens...just like why the bolts let wade walk knowing they had plans to fire Marty...they could have kept wade but didn't

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-was-amicable/

    While the source also said the split between the two sides was amicable, with Phillips wanting to move to L.A., where his daughter lives, there were other factors at play. Defensive backs coach Joe Woods was starting to become a hot name for potential defensive coordinator jobs; the Broncos didn’t want to lose him to another team. (Because Woods was still under contract, the Broncos could have blocked him. They believed the better course was to ensure he got his promotion without leaving.)
    Also, money was an issue. Not this year, but a year ago. Phillips, per multiple sources, wanted to be the highest-paid defensive coordinator in the NFL after the Broncos won Super Bowl 50. The Broncos resisted, and Phillips entered his contract year with the intent of becoming a coaching free agent.
    if the chargers truly had plans of firing Marty they would not have waited until two weeks before the combine to do it.

    their plans were to keep marty but after he lost both coordinators he became expendable in their mind due to the friction between him and smith. not defending the firing of marty, it was a mistake but do you really believe hiring wade was the answer? norv turner isn't any better or worse than wade Philips as a HC.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,159
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    You know one has hit rock bottom when one purposely talks smack about their team on their rival's smack board. At this point, it's safe to assume Broncos fans respect Browns fans more than Chargers fans.
    i smack my own team all the time, even when they are superior to your team like they are right now. as far as respect goes, i couldn't care less but most broncos fans are front running band wagon jumpers anyways who don't deserve respect in my book.

    how come so many no shows at home this season? you want to talk about respect? the small amount of chargers fans left are more hardcore and deserve more respect than most of you donkey fans who lost your mind and stopped caring after one bad season

    most of you don't have what it takes to be true die hard fans and thus deserve no respect.
    Last edited by baphamet; 01-12-2018 at 09:39 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    28,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I actually don't mind it. He's on a cheap contract and will have early OTAs to earn a spot. He was a great kicker in college, he just mentally broke down, and everything is in his head. Get him into a sports psychologist for some heavy duty sessions. If he gets right, it's found money, if not you release him during camp.
    the thing is they won't be able to tell in OTA's or even TC because there is no pressure other than competition among kickers trying out for the job.


    Welcome Back! #85

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •