Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I think England should start there own league along with any European country that wants Football. If the countries adopt the same rules, then the leagues can compete in a championship type atmosphere. The NFL likes to call the Superbowl a world championship, except we never compete against other countries.

Maybe N. Korea can create a football team, instead of going to war, we can take it out on the field.

Don't expand the NFL. Expand Football. Canada has a league but we can't compete because of rule differences and field size. Field size will be the biggest obstacle. Most of the world uses the metric system where as we still use the old standard. The NFL needs to become part of a bigger league. Like UEFL for United Earth Football League while the NFL becomes something like USFL. The countries can quench there gladiator spirit without having to kill each other.
    I actually kind of like this...

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I think England should start there own league along with any European country that wants Football. If the countries adopt the same rules, then the leagues can compete in a championship type atmosphere. The NFL likes to call the Superbowl a world championship, except we never compete against other countries.

Maybe N. Korea can create a football team, instead of going to war, we can take it out on the field.

Don't expand the NFL. Expand Football. Canada has a league but we can't compete because of rule differences and field size. Field size will be the biggest obstacle. Most of the world uses the metric system where as we still use the old standard. The NFL needs to become part of a bigger league. Like UEFL for United Earth Football League while the NFL becomes something like USFL. The countries can quench there gladiator spirit without having to kill each other.
    Well there was "NFL Europe" for 16 years where London and other cities had their own teams
    see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Eu...5%E2%80%932007

but Goodell pulled the plug on all of it and said the League was losing money. If that's true, then I suppose the sport failed to get its hooks in sufficiently. I doubt it can ever supplant soccer over there.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I could understand a team in Mexico, but why London? That London team would have to travel so far every week that they're on the road. Imagine if they had a road game against the Rams or Chargers, they would have to travel across the Atlantic Ocean, and across the United States. I just don't understand their logic.
    The theory is, they would have a US base and a UK base. It is a long way. Not too far for East Coast games, but the West Coast is a long way. So what they have planned, is to have a base in East Coast too, and split the home games and away games in blocks, so the team would train in the US base whilst playing Away games, then train in London for Home games. You could also add in another Bye Week for teams, and use that to help, making season last 18 instead of 17 weeks, but still keep 16 games for stats. It would work I think, helping bring the two countries together, expand the league, bring this awesome sport to the rest of the world, etc etc..

For me though, I will always be a Broncos Fan. I went skiing in Vail as a kid 3 times, went to Mile High, and it captivated me. I'll never lose that. The London Team I would cheer for, and I would probably buy a season ticket, but they would never take the Broncos off me
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

What bothers me about this London and Mexico idea is that the NFL Stands for National Football League. No where in the Title does it state International Football League so therefore I Stand against this idea of trying to push the NFL into other countries outside of the United States Of America I am not a fan of this nor will I be ever !

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    What bothers me about this London and Mexico idea is that the NFL Stands for National Football League. No where in the Title does it state International Football League so therefore I Stand against this idea of trying to push the NFL into other countries outside of the United States Of America I am not a fan of this nor will I be ever !
    That's what the NFL is called now mate

...and have you heard of the NBA or NHL?
    Last edited by marktippins1981; 05-30-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Didn't the Broncos last trip to England spell the end of little josh mcdaniels career as an NFL Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Is "Nationalism" more important to the NFL than "Money"? I don't think so. So, prepare to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Is "Nationalism" more important to the NFL than "Money"? I don't think so. So, prepare to be disappointed.
    What could be better for nationalism than taking money from other countries?

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Unless they develop the transporter beam, I don’t see how it makes sense to have teams outside of North America. I wouldn’t even want a team south of the U.S. I would begrudgingly let Canada have one.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Didn't the Broncos last trip to England spell the end of little josh mcdaniels career as an NFL Head Coach?
    Was a month or so before, I was at the game at Wembley and, while I was in awe of the spectacle and the fact I was watching the Broncos in person, it was a shockingly bad game. Can always say I saw Tim Tebow score a touchdown live and in the flesh at least!

I think the problem as Mark the OP pointed out is that most, if not all in the UK already have an NFL team that they follow, a London based team faced the Broncos I'd want Denver to humiliate London, not sure to what extent Goodell has considered that if they still think a London franchise is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Unless they develop the transporter beam, I don’t see how it makes sense to have teams outside of North America. I wouldn’t even want a team south of the U.S. I would begrudgingly let Canada have one.
    Gee thanks, haha

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by marktippins1981 View Post
    Hey guys,

We've heard a rumour in the UK, that we'll be getting a Broncos game this year. The other good news (for me personally), is it is rumoured to be against the Seahawks. My wife is a Seahawks fan (and yes, I am still paying for Super Bowl 48)..

The bit that I wanted to check with you lot, was also that it has rumoured to be a Broncos Home game, which means we'd lose a game at Mile High this year. Surely that will not happen?!

It gets announce at 1545 (UK Time) on Thursday. For me, I am hoping for the Broncos, but don't want to take a Home game away from you guys who attend Mile High each week.
    If the Broncos end up losing to the Seahawks in London,
    sleeping with your wife's sister should shut her up.

Either way,

This thread is bout 16 months old.

We are not playing in London this year.

We are not playing Seattle this year.

So, thread closed.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "