Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Despite the cap hit being 12 his yearly cash is only 8.5 this year. If we cut him I guarantee he gets 10mill per year elsewhere. They can re work his deal give him more years but he isn’t taking a cut in pay. We cut him and we lose 1 of the only 2 legitimate receiving options we have and weaken our posistion in getting cousins and we also are not doing any rookie QB we bring in here any favors.
    I think Jordan Taylor can fill his role just fine for a lot less. Keep in mind, next year there are going to be a lot of changes so it isn't like we are risking a SB.
    In John I Trust - Drafted Starters: Bradly Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsey possibly more???

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    5-11 not good enough? You want a 2-14 team? Cut DT and Talib.

    The team has far too many problems than to part with DT. Sanders is a much easier cut. Without DT, there is no threat. He has the dropsies no doubt and never gives more than 70%, but he commands the best corner with safety help. No one else on the Broncos does that. Cut him and there will be no one open.

    It is easier to replace a #2 Receiver than a #1 Receiver, but right now after DT, there is only #3 and below.

    Deal DT out of town next year-- Miami comes to mind as a good spot back with Gase.
    If we are 5-10 with DT, I'd rather be 2-14 without him and draft more offensive help.
    In John I Trust - Drafted Starters: Bradly Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsey possibly more???

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by crp24lbc View Post
    Yes this is one of the reasons releasing DT is not an option. I fully expect the Broncos and DT to agree to a restructured contract and for him to be a big part of the Kirk Cousins sales pitch.
    IDK, if they could trade him for a decent pick, 2nd or 3rd rounder (maybe even a 4th) I'd take that and use that to draft a WR replacement.

    I'd rather deal a player 1 year too early than 1 year too late. I believe DT's best years are behind him, unlike someone like Julio Jones.
    Last edited by haciendadad; 01-14-2018 at 07:53 AM.
    In John I Trust - Drafted Starters: Bradly Chubb, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsey possibly more???

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    If we are 5-10 with DT, I'd rather be 2-14 without him and draft more offensive help.
    You mean like Montee Ball? Michael Schofield? Paxton Lynch? Jeff Heurman? Devontee Booker? Ty Sambrailo? Max Garcia? Isiah McKenzie?

    You mean like drafting that kind of offensive help?

    That has not really worked out too well.
    Last edited by Rancid; 01-14-2018 at 08:02 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    If we are 5-10 with DT, I'd rather be 2-14 without him and draft more offensive help.
    If we are honest with ourselves here, DT is not reason why this team was 5-11, not by a long shot. QB, bad oline and underperforming defense are the reasons.


    2017 Adopted Bronco Andy Janovich

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If we are honest with ourselves here, DT is not reason why this team was 5-11, not by a long shot. QB, bad oline and underperforming defense are the reasons.
    We should make a list:
    1. Poor QB play
    2. Poor Coaching and Play calling
    3. Poor Offensive Line Talent
    4. Poor ILB play
    5. No legitimate TE (See also #1)
    6. Atrocious Special Teams play
    7. Unreliable Run game (See also, 2 and 3)
    8. Number 1 Receiver (2nd highest salary on the team) is a Sand-Bagger and consistently is among league leaders in drops, but does just enough to keep 50% of the fan base on his side.

    Yea, looks about right.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    10,814
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    IDK, if they could trade him for a decent pick, 2nd or 3rd rounder (maybe even a 4th) I'd take that and use that to draft a WR replacement.

    I'd rather deal a player 1 year too early than 1 year too late. I believe DT's best years are behind him, unlike someone like Julio Jones.
    In order to trade Thomas you first have to pick up his option and pay him the bonus, which then means the cap hit becomes over $7 million instead of just over $3 million.

    There's no option available to trade him this season, either Denver lets him go as a free agent or they keep him, that's it.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In order to trade Thomas you first have to pick up his option and pay him the bonus, which then means the cap hit becomes over $7 million instead of just over $3 million.

    There's no option available to trade him this season, either Denver lets him go as a free agent or they keep him, that's it.
    You did an excellent job of explaining this in an earlier post a week or 2 ago-- thank you. You should link that.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    DT will restructure before being cut, same with Talib IMO. As far as effort with DT goes, its impossible to say for sure but I do think he gives all he has until he feels pain during a play and then he eases up a bit but I think every player does that to some extent. I just think DT feels a lot more pain than the public realizes. A lot of that is on him though for not taking the time off to get properly treated even in the offseason. He needs surgery on his hip IMO, heís played through it the past few seasons but it hasnít gotten significantly better and itíll only get worse as he gets older; corrective surgery would be the most beneficial option for him and he needs it ASAP. Iíve seen him pull up too often to think otherwise.

    Landon Collins INT against us is the prime example for this season. He ran a post route against cover 2, he was open and Siemian threw it on time but he pulled up out of his break after he planted on that leg with the bad hip which led to the easy INT. There are numerous example throughout this season and every season since he initially injured it.
    I've been saying that for the past 2 seasons. There were plays that he usually takes to the house, but after the initial burst when the pain in that hip kicks up, there's nothing there anymore. He's trooper for playing through it and wanting to be there for the team as a leader, but once this season was in the bag (after Miami debacle), he should've shut it down and got his hip right. unless it's they type of issue where once he has it repaired, he's done playing.

    And the way he's been utilized as a "small" Wr the past 3 years has only made it worse.
    #swapping

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    so. cal
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    We should make a list:
    1. Poor QB play
    2. Poor Coaching and Play calling
    3. Poor Offensive Line Talent
    4. Poor ILB play
    5. No legitimate TE (See also #1)
    6. Atrocious Special Teams play
    7. Unreliable Run game (See also, 2 and 3)
    8. Number 1 Receiver (2nd highest salary on the team) is a Sand-Bagger and consistently is among league leaders in drops, but does just enough to keep 50% of the fan base on his side.

    Yea, looks about right.
    Well let see....#1- refer to #3, #2- refer to #3, #3- refer to #3, #4- didn't broncos have top 5 run D. #5- refer to #3, #6- refer to new coaching staff and a rookie, #7- run game good most of the time. Anderson gets some tough yards, #8- DT is still dominate and still makes some tough catches and..... refer to #3. 1 O-lineman and 1 better QB, no more fumbles from rookies....Bang back in the playoffs.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,798
    I wonít be surprised that itís DT restructures and Sanders is moved on from. If we do move on from Sanders, one underrated receiver Iíd love for us to go after is Paul Richardson. It could be similar to a contract we got Sanders for originally, with inflation.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I wonít be surprised that itís DT restructures and Sanders is moved on from. If we do move on from Sanders, one underrated receiver Iíd love for us to go after is Paul Richardson. It could be similar to a contract we got Sanders for originally, with inflation.
    I want Allen Robinson

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,798
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I want Allen Robinson
    I would take Allen Robinson with a similar thought process of what the eagles did with Alshon. 1 year price it deal. Especially off of the ACL. Luckily, he tore it real early, so he has a good chance to be good to go Iíd imagine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •