Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Maybe this has been mentioned already, but Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock draft has Nelson falling to #9. That doesn't mean anything, but it could be the case, because Guards are still not loved the way they should be. It's always....get a tackle, preferably an LT. But I add this point, because it tells me Nelson will likely be there, and we could even get him a bit later. Lets see.....trade down with Buffalo (which I have stated several times is unlikely Buffalo's choice on moving up to, because it isn't high enough).....with all those picks, repackage a portion to move back up to get Nelson, plus keep a couple of picks as a bonus!

I'm all in for drafting Nelson at #5.He helps our football team the most.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I'm all in for drafting Nelson at #5.He helps our football team the most.
    Hello BSD!

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Well, then, get on that Nelson hype train with me. We have cookies and punch.
    Not at 5 Barkley or trade back.

When you think about. Nelson would boost both our run game and pass game keeping the pocket clean for keenum to step up in and opening up lanes for cj to run through. Im 100% for Nelson.

And here i thought we got rid of that silly number 5 argument or lack of an argument in this case. Barkley isnt the only top draftee we can get at 5 so moving back doesnt make sense unless you get set up extremely nicely for next year or two and are able to get the guys you want when you trade back. The later isnt a guarantee
    Glen Haven Fire

We don't need to embarrassed to take Nelson at 5 if:
    He can come in a start Day 1.
    He can replace a current starter that in turn can replace another starter at a different OL position and upgrade the play marginally.
    We don't need the QB that will be available at that spot.
    Saquan Barkely isn't available.
    Denver has him graded as the best player on their board.

Now there are scenarios where he may or may not be available later. Trading back only works if you are convinced no one else wants him or Denver is ok with another player that will fall to that trade-back spot that they didn't want to overdraft for.
    IF Nelson is their first choice just do it at 5 and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    We don't need to embarrassed to take Nelson at 5 if:
    He can come in a start Day 1.
    He can replace a current starter that in turn can replace another starter at a different OL position and upgrade the play marginally.
    We don't need the QB that will be available at that spot.
    Saquan Barkely isn't available.
    Denver has him graded as the best player on their board.

Now there are scenarios where he may or may not be available later. Trading back only works if you are convinced no one else wants him or Denver is ok with another player that will fall to that trade-back spot that they didn't want to overdraft for.
    IF Nelson is their first choice just do it at 5 and be done with it.
    Broncos are too smart to draft a guard at 5, maybe if we move back to the 12-15 range we can take him but in a loaded draft like this with so many franchise changing players available wasting a top 5 pick on a guard would be an epic failure of this front office.

Quote Originally Posted by crp24lbc View Post
    Broncos are too smart to draft a guard at 5, maybe if we move back to the 12-15 range we can take him but in a loaded draft like this with so many franchise changing players available wasting a top 5 pick on a guard would be an epic failure of this front office.
    So they'd pass on arguably the top rated player in the entire draft, at a position of need, to take a chance on a player they don't think is at good?

is 7 draft spots really a huge difference?

Epic Failure? Only if he gets hurt/un-predicted off field issues and can't play for 8+ years. That could happen to any guy you want to take ahead or behind him too. 5 is high for a guard so that I why I gave the criteria above.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Epic Failure? Only if he gets hurt/un-predicted off field issues and can't play for 8+ years. That could happen to any guy you want to take ahead or behind him too. 5 is high for a guard so that I why I gave the criteria above.
    Andrew Norwell is the 2nd highest paid OL in the NFL, OGs have now started to eclipse the the 10m apy in FA and extensions. With the increase in interior rushing, guards have become infinitely more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    is 7 draft spots really a huge difference?
    Honestly, how many franchise players are there? Let's ignore QBs

Chubb- might not be the best fit as an OLB, would need to gain weight for DE.

Barkley- a very good player, but failed to reach 100yds rushing in 61% of his college games

Minkah- very solid all around, but what makes him a game changer

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post

Barkley- a very good player, but failed to reach 100yds rushing in 61% of his college games

Minkah gives us an upgrade in speed over Darian Stewart at Free Safety, he also gives us a guy who can cover a tight end like Kelce, a 3rd receiver, or a running back. That would be a huge help for our defense, we are good at stopping the run, and covering #1 and #2 receivers, teams attack us with Tight Ends, RB's, and 3rd receivers.
    "Last team to stop the Pats in the AFC reside's in Denver, alomg with the last active AFC Qb

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post

i'd lsit nelson as a game changer for what he can bring to our offense. he can bring a nasty gaurd with all-pro type talent opening holes for CJ. he can bring a gaurd that can match up against any interior pass rusher in the league. like the suhs the donalds and the atkins. he brings a guy who once he gets his hands on a defensive player that defensive player is out of the play.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Minkah gives us an upgrade in speed over Darian Stewart at Free Safety, he also gives us a guy who can cover a tight end like Kelce, a 3rd receiver, or a running back. That would be a huge help for our defense, we are good at stopping the run, and covering #1 and #2 receivers, teams attack us with Tight Ends, RB's, and 3rd receivers.
    Minkah gives us an upgrade in speed. but i still feel it would be best to have simmons at FS it is his more natural position. and i feel we would be best to get a coverage lber. alot of them attackign us with TE and RB was getting them matched up on LBer and abusing the fact the we do not have a good coverage LBer. i don't see how adding minkah fixes that?

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait