Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 219

Thread: Talib

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,170

    Talib

    Cutting him should be 0%!!!! If you
    Trade and get a 3rd or better ok but you donít cut an app
    Pronand get zero return!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    B-more, not less
    Posts
    4,998
    If we could get something in a trade, certainly we would prefer that.


    At this point getting rid of Talib frees up about 10 mil in cap space. Like it or not that space would make navigating free agency much easier and give us more flexibility. Plus at this point we'll be looking at if Roby is worth a long-term deal. It would make sense to have see if Roby can be counted on as a full time starter for the whole season.

    My guess is Elway approaches Talib to take a pay cut, Talib probably won't accept it and we end up releasing him. To get trade value a team would have to be willing to take on Talib's contract which is expensive.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,722
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Cutting him should be 0%!!!! If you
    Trade and get a 3rd or better ok but you don’t cut an app
    Pronand get zero return!!
    The problem is other teams already know the situation and wouldn't be willing to give up anything knowing he is just going to be released anyway. That coupled with the knowledge of his age and history.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,054
    Seen a report saying we're putting him on the trade block. We will get something for him. I could see a 3rd

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,609
    We'd probably get a decent comp pick based on the contract he signed, if we actually released him. Doubt it's gonna happen tho.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,539
    It’s Mike Klis opinion that he gets put on the trade block. Talib said the staff talked to him about his future with the team and talked about the rarity of three CBs on one roster making so much money but he went on to say it wouldn’t surprise him if he’s still here which leads me to believe he’s open to restructure to stay.
    Last edited by Peanut; 02-02-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,609
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Itís Mike Klis opinion that he gets put on the trade block. Talib said the staff talked to him about his future with the team and talked about the rarity of three CBs on one roster making so much money but he went on to say it wouldnít surprise him if heís still here which leads me to believe heís open to restructure to stay.
    I think he'll restructure also. Losing ward didnt make him happy but he wants to stay and knows his situation.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    622
    I don't see us getting anything better than a day 3 pick.

    Teams know where we stand, we can restructure his contract , or take what we can get in a trade.

    If I could use my magic wand I'd package him with some picks to move up to #2 and snag my boy Rosen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,502
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    If we could get something in a trade, certainly we would prefer that.


    At this point getting rid of Talib frees up about 10 mil in cap space. Like it or not that space would make navigating free agency much easier and give us more flexibility. Plus at this point we'll be looking at if Roby is worth a long-term deal. It would make sense to have see if Roby can be counted on as a full time starter for the whole season.

    My guess is Elway approaches Talib to take a pay cut, Talib probably won't accept it and we end up releasing him. To get trade value a team would have to be willing to take on Talib's contract which is expensive.
    While true, 11 mil and 8 mil in this day and age is a relative bargain for one of the top 10 CB's in the NFL. And teams would have to get in a bidding war for Talib if he's cut, he could still get a contract around 3 years, 36 mil or so if he hit free agency.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,315
    Why would anyone want to cut one of the best CB's in the NFL?

    To make room for an over-priced average QB?

    Some of you just seem hell-bent on fielding a 2-14 team.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Why would anyone want to cut one of the best CB's in the NFL?

    To make room for an over-priced average QB?

    Some of you just seem hell-bent on fielding a 2-14 team.
    Well, that depends. Is there a big time qb coming out next year?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,548
    Pro bowl CB for 2 year @ less than 10M AAV and no guaranteed money at risk? Do not see him getting cut.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,476
    Does anyone think Minkah Fitzpatrick will fall to number 5 in the draft?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Does anyone think Minkah Fitzpatrick will fall to number 5 in the draft?
    Does he play the Qb position?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Minkah, Second round.early.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •