Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Talib

Wait a second, What?????? The Broncos didn't win a Super Bowl for many, many, years since John Elway retired. Then John Elway comes back to Denver as GM and in a couple years we won a Super Bowl.
    I would think that's pretty amazing.
    It's Not just good but Fantastic.
    I am very grateful that JFE is The Boss.

(JMO)

If we can get a 3rd for Talib, we need to make the move. Sheds the salary and opens us up to sign some pass rush, OL, LB and a QB. We ahve too many needs to spend all that money on Talib. I trust that our FO has proven right when dropping veterans in the past (not many have produced).

Talib to the Rams only makes San dogs foothold in LA that much more tenuous. How many tattoos can you give out, before you start offering piercings?
    Last edited by Endaround; 03-08-2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: punctuation

The Broncos wishing Talib all the best via Mike Klis:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

bad move should of kept talib now if elway sighns keenum my faith in my childhood hero might show some cracks

I seem to remember alot of folks on here saying they wished that the rest of the team played with his fire, I miss him already. Thanks Talib.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The Broncos wishing Talib all the best via Mike Klis:

umm end sarcasm?

Was kinda snarky.

Edit: Parting Shots, as unbiased as Klis can get.
    Last edited by Endaround; 03-08-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Seriously? Only a 5th rounder..

Good way to start the new year. He talks good but the salary, and the fact we have a capable replacement played into this. Now lets see where the Broncos go in free agency. Myself Cousins would not be a Priority, This draft may just have our next Big group of QB;s to take over the NFL. Due diligence and pick the best for our team, then go out and get him as the Franchise guy.. This makes the best choice that is team friendly and someone to build around.. A High pick does not come along often and making the best of this opportunity after it proves successful, will be a plus for a franchise that wants to be one of the best.

Get that O-Line help, a LB, rookie WR, sign that free agent Safety and maybe that RB that should be more cost friendly. Draft a rookie RB ? Take the best available player who will contribute the first year. All eyes are on what the front office does and most of all how 2018 goes.

well at least we'll have plenty of cash for Keenum now
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

The issue now isn't Talib's replacement, but the replacement for Roby once he moves up to Talib's spot. I can already tell you, it ain't Langley. Let's Fitzpatrick please Elway!
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Do not like just a 5th, but also don't like nothing or him in NE. It is understandable he wants to be back with Wade (GM arguments aside, he is at least a top 3 reason for our SB win and historic defense, in addition to the culture and free agents that come along with #18).

How Elway handles the ashes of that culture is his test now. There is a lot worth praising (like bringing in that culture to begin with) and criticizing (like HCs and drafts). The romantics and the extreme pessimists are both wrong, but it is true that fans have come to expect competence and some high standard (spoiled yes, but we should at least be able to reach the competence threshold with coaches, etc).

The future of the no fly zone, to the extent we can call it that, is important for the future. Ward and Talib are gone, Harris is getting a bit older, Roby is solid but not elite (not a criticism) but I would not mind serious resources (e.g. #1 pick) directed toward this position next year, especially in time for the student to learn from Harris. Like WR, we now have no one who even looks like a #3 CB so that at least needs to be addressed this year.
    Last edited by cmc0605; 03-08-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    well at least we'll have plenty of cash for Keenum now
    Yay...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

No doubt the team brings in a free agent for the #2-3 spot this year as well as will draft a player for this spot.

Not in love with only getting a 5th considering it is a later 5th but the age of 32 played a role in that despite the fact the guy still balls
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.