Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Brian Hoyer?

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1-10 in his last 11 starts. hit him once and he turns into fumbletron 2000. He's a weaker armed version of Kyle Orton.

lmao Brian Hoyer
    So in other words, you really dig the guy.

I forgot Brock osweiler, Trev and Lynch have started a ton of playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    I forgot Brock osweiler, Trev and Lynch have started a ton of playoff games.
    Osweiler started 2 playoff games for Houston.

Connor Cook started a playoff game, that doesn't make him a good QB. Ryan Lindley started a playoff game, same thing. If your argument in favour of Hoyer is that he started a playoff game (which his team got hammered and the O put up 0 points) you're grasping at straws.

But to indulge you, Brian Hoyer's numbers in that 30-0 playoff loss: 15/34 136 yards, 4 interceptions. He killed it!

Hey guys, and gals... This thread WAS about college vs NFL play calling... we wandered a bit from that...

can we try and steer back that way with all the QB threads out there all ready. This is a great topic on its own...

http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Chris Harris has already talked about teams like the Chiefs and Eagles successfully running an offense with read-option, run-pass option. Vance Joseph had similar comments praising Andy Reid and others for embracing college concepts to make the QB more comfortable. I think Joseph will want some of those concepts in the playbook. It won't be a college offense, but there might be some plays with options to run, options to pass, read-option, real option like Harris said about the Eagles.

It's just something that adds to the playbook and helps the QB play faster doing what he's used to. Mike McCoy did not do a good job using what the players do best, since he even called plays that were not rehearsed during the week, and this time I expect Joseph to use his role as the head coach to keep the offensive coordinator under control.

If Elway can get Cousins, then Musgrave might build a traditional playbook with very little or no read-option at all, but I think we will see plenty of those elements from college if we have to put a rookie QB on the field, especially if it's Mayfield or Jackson.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Chris Harris has already talked about teams like the Chiefs and Eagles successfully running an offense with read-option, run-pass option. Vance Joseph had similar comments praising Andy Reid and others for embracing college concepts to make the QB more comfortable. I think Joseph will want some of those concepts in the playbook. It won't be a college offense, but there might be some plays with options to run, options to pass, read-option, real option like Harris said about the Eagles.

It's just something that adds to the playbook and helps the QB play faster doing what he's used to. Mike McCoy did not do a good job using what the players do best, since he even called plays that were not rehearsed during the week, and this time I expect Joseph to use his role as the head coach to keep the offensive coordinator under control.

If Elway can get Cousins, then Musgrave might build a traditional playbook with very little or no read-option at all, but I think we will see plenty of those elements from college if we have to put a rookie QB on the field, especially if it's Mayfield or Jackson.
    Good post. Why must I spread?

Option stuff requires zone blocking by the O-Line. Traditional would predominantly be angle blocked. Sometimes which one of those will be the dominant style has an effect on which O-Linemen are acquired. Since Denver is still revamping their O-Line, one would hope that they find out ASAP who the new QB will be. It will be interesting.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Musgrave has a history of mixing in read-option plays, especially when traditional under center run plays are not productive. These plays helped Carr recognize positioning and movement of the backside linebacker to gain a numerical advantage with blockers to run the ball. He also used these plays to help Carr with pre-snap reads to take advantage of unbalanced formations when the receiver has one on one coverage without help from a safety.

Here’s an article breaking down several of Musgrave’s plays with the read pass elements:

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study...pass-concepts/