Bronx - My whole 2018 Off-season

Our UDFA's to keep - Todd Davis and Corey Nelson

Davis takes some heat on here but is a solid ILB who will only be 26 when the season starts so will be entering his prime, he shouldn't cost much to bring back and letting him go just creates another hole with limited funds (if we sign Cousins). Nelson is a decent ST's player and will not cost much.

UDFA's to let test the market - Virgil Green / Donald Stephenson / Jamaal Charles / Jared Crick / Allen Barbre / Cody Latimer / Billy Turner / Brock Osweiler / Billy Winn

Most of these are not good. I don't see much value with Green and even his run blocking is going downhill, I would prefer going forward with 2 good inline blockers in Heuerman and Butt. I like Latimer as a ST's player but some team will give him the opportunity for more playing time.

Players to cut - Aqib Talib, Menelik Watson, Trevor Siemian, Max Garcia, Isiah McKenzie, Riley Dixon

I really like Talib but forced myself to cut either DT, Sanders or Talib if I signed Cousins. I feel it would be foolish to bring in Cousins and take away one of our few effective weapons so I chose to cut Talib. Watson and Garcia are terrible, Siemian is not worth keeping around even at his low salary imo, I like giving youth a chance but McKenzie was soooo bad how can we keep him, I have never been a fan of Dixon.

My FA signings - Kirk Cousins (QB), Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief (WR), Austin Seferian Jenkins (TE), Eric Winston (OT), Ahmad Brooks (OLB), Bryce McCain (CB), Marcus Sherels (CB & Returner)

I won't go into Cousins too much but I feel he is a very good QB worth the money and would make us a playoff team again, the rest are bargain money buys. Brooks can be a part time pass rusher, McCain gives us a veteran in the secondary, Sherels is mainly a returner who will help turn our ST's around, Winston gives us a solid veteran option on the OL.

Jenkins had a good year with the Jets and I feel is worth taking a gamble on as an effective pass catcher and athlete, especially with Cousins coming in, Richardson offers speed and will come at 7-8 million a year so if we have the money then why not....... Moncrief is a more cost effective option.

My Mock Draft -

Round 1 (pick 5) -

Quenton Nelson, OG - Notre Dame

Lets start investing in the OL, Nelson and Leary will give Cousins a clean pocket and time to move the ball down the field. Nelson also gives us more nastiness on the line. With Nelson, Paradis, and Bolles we finally have 3 young talented pieces in place on the OL.

Round 2 (pick 40) -

Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

I wanted OL, you guys wanted OL, but I just don't see the value here. Some guys I like will go in round one and I don't like anyone in this spot on the OL. We have been crying out for speed and playmakers on offense and someone to work and stretch the middle of the field and help Sanders and DT.

After Lynch left Miller has really helped out the new QB, totaling over 2800 yards and 31 TD's over the last 2 seasons. Miller has speed, is an excellent route runner, and reportedly has a fantastic work ethic and passion.

Round 3 (pick 69) -

Andre Dillard, OT - Washington State

Dillard is coming off a great season and has quick feet and a good technique with enough strength to play OT in the NFL. The senior bowl will be interesting for him and some scouts think he can play LT. With him and Bolles it gives us options and the coaches can decide what side is best for these 2.

Round 4 (pick 112) -

Josey Jewell, LB - Iowa

I feel we need some more depth here and some real competition for Marshall and Davis. Jewell is a little undersized but plays tough and is always around the ball. He is good in space and has the quickness to cover backs and TE's.

A good comparison would be Kiko Alonso or Danny Trevethan.

Round 4 (pick 117) -

Sean Welsh, OG - Iowa

A strong and tough interior lineman from a good football program, Welsh is coming off a strong year and has the ability to take Garcia's place and be a day one starter.

Welsh has battled depression which may put teams off but if we are confident in him then we will get a really good and tough interior lineman.

Round 5 (pick 150) -

Jaylen Dunlap, CB - Illinois

I would like to inject some more youth in the position, and Langley looks a long shot to make much impact going forward. Dunlap has good size and speed and plays physical.

Last season he played really well against Corey Davis, the 5th overall pick in the draft. He is the leader of the D at Illinois and a good ST's player.

Round 5 (pick 170) -

Michael Dickson, P - Texas

Dickson has a strong leg and just won the Ray Guy award for 2017.

Round 6 (pick 192) -

Trey Marshall, S - Florida State

I have been a big Simmons fan since college but I see Parks as more of a rotational and ST's player. Regardless its good to add some more youth in here and take a flyer on Marshall who is physical and a good tackler. He should be a good ST's player at least.

Round 7 (pick 224) -

Kahlil McKenzie Jnr, NT - Tennessee

Strong and tough to move in the middle of the line, worth bringing into camp and having a look at him.

So my final depth chart looks like this -

QB - Cousins / Lynch / Kelly

RB - CJ / Booker / D Henderson

WR - DT / Sanders / Richardson or Moncrief / Miller / Fowler / C Henderson

TE - Jenkins / Heuerman / Butt

LT - Bolles / Dillard

LG - Nelson / McGovern / Welsh

C - Paradis / McGovern

RG - Leary / McGovern / Welsh

RT - Winston / Dillard

DE - Wolfe / Gotsis or Harris / Walker

DT - D Peko / K Peko / McKenzie Jnr

DE - Gotsis or Harris / Walker

LOLB - Ray / Barrett / Brooks / Jewell

MLB - Marshall / Anderson / Jewell

MLB - Davis / Anderson / Jewell

ROLB - Miller / Brooks / Walker / Jewell

CB - Roby / Harris / McCain / Dunlap

FS - Stewart / Parks

SS - Simmons / Marshall

K - McManus

P - Dickson

KR - Sherels

PR - Sherels

Love the first two picks. Although, if we do get Miller I wouldn’t mind using Sander’s money elsewhere. Obviously that’s tough to predict ahead of time. So, wouldn’t mind have the three receivers.

I disagree with Butt being the third TE next year. He has to prove it first. But I think he’ll be our starter if he’s fully healthy throughout the entire offseason.

I also really hope we aren’t starting Davis as LB next year.

You have me on board for sure. Cousins, Nelson and 2 Iowa boys?!?!?!?!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

i'd see thomas or sanders has there writting on the wall at least in this mock

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Andre Dillard and Jaylen Dunlap will probably be available as UDFAs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, I hope we aren’t picking any UDFA’s in the third round.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Well, I hope we aren’t picking any UDFA’s in the third round.
    Third round OT prospects might be Brian O'Neill or Brandon Parker. Denver might have compensatory pick at the end of the third round at about #100 which might be Jamarco Jones or Alex Cappa.

Corner prospects in the fifth round could be Kameron Kelly, Levi Wallace, Darius Phillips and J.C. Jackson.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I would be happy spending a 5th on Dunlap rather then risking him getting taken or a bidding war once he hits FA. As for Dillard I generally see him mocked in rounds 4 and 5 so it may be slightly high for him.